Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 100415 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3270 on: February 17, 2013, 05:28 PM »

Nadal vs Nalbandian. 

1st set Nadal 6-2.  Didn't see this, so can't comment.

3-0 Nalbandian in the 2nd, having broken Nadal for the 2nd time  - and umpire ticked Nadal off for time-wasting.  Nadal wasn't happy. Whistle

Nadal pulls back to level at 3-3.

5-2 Nadal.  Nalbandian's now handing him this on a plate.  Too many UEs and looks to be tiring.

And Nadal wins 6-3.  Smile

[ Last edit by Aileen February 17, 2013, 05:50 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3271 on: February 17, 2013, 05:54 PM »

Well at least he gets a title. Those matches vs Berlocq and Alund were shitfests.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3272 on: February 17, 2013, 06:14 PM »

Ridiculous amount of waffling here before trophies are presented.  Previous winners of tournament introduced, etc.  Even my comm saying he doesn't remember anything quite as long as this.  And Nadal gets a trophy for having the fastest serve of the match.  Finally - after the doubles' presentation we get to what everyone's been waiting for.  Totally hideous trophy but I don't think Rafa will be minding that.

Well at least he gets a title. Those matches vs Berlocq and Alund were shitfests.
Did you watch both of them?  I wouldn't call his match against Berlocq quite that.  I didn't see the Alund one but I was surprised that it took Nadal three sets to see this nobody off, so maybe you're right.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 17, 2013, 06:23 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3273 on: February 17, 2013, 06:22 PM »

Ridiculous amount of waffling here before trophies are presented.  Previous winners of tournament introduced, etc.  Even my comm saying he doesn't remember anything quite as long as this.  And Nadal gets a trophy for having the fastest serve of the match.  Finally - after the doubles' presentation we get to what everyone's been waiting for.  Totally hideous trophy but I don't think Rafa will be minding that.

Did you watch both of them?  I wouldn't call his match against Berlocq quite that.  I didn't see the Alund one but I was surprised that it took Nadal three sets to see this nobody off, so maybe you're right.

Yeah I watched them both. In the Berlocq match they were both spraying errors like the game of tennis was won by that. The Alund match was Alund playing well, Nadal making errors off shots he should have got with ease, Rafa playing well with Alund getting nervous then in the final set, Alund gets tight and seizes up losing the match.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3274 on: February 17, 2013, 06:24 PM »

^ The thing is that Nadal's bound to be inconsistent for a while until he gets his confidence and his form back.   Mexico next, so let's see how he does there.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3275 on: February 17, 2013, 11:15 PM »

I'm just glad to see him winning something again yay Not he's got that first win under his belt I think he'll regain a lot more confidence. But he seems very aware that this is a process and that he's working himself back into form, he knows it won't come overnight but yay
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3276 on: February 26, 2013, 01:58 PM »

Reports from Spain say that Rafa won't be playing either IW or Miami. We are still waiting for a confirmation though.

I'm not sure what to make of that. It might be a sensible decision.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3277 on: February 26, 2013, 03:00 PM »

Makes sense to me for Rafa to concentrate on clay for now and 'take stock' after RG.  Wouldn't surprise me at all if he plays just clay and grass from now on - if it means prolonging his career- and even if it means playing just 4 months a year.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3278 on: February 26, 2013, 04:51 PM »

It's a shame, but can't honestly say I'm surprised. I really do think he's all about the clay and grass now. If he can continue to do well in those tournaments, manage his knee problems, and just enjoy playing tennis then more power to him.

http://www.marca.com/2013/02/26/tenis/1361879399.html

How's this for a translation: "Nadal sólo pisará la tierra" meaning "Nadal will tread the earth only"

As silver lining says, it's not confrmed yet.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3279 on: February 26, 2013, 05:07 PM »

Nadal has denied it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3280 on: February 26, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Source, Luke?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3281 on: February 26, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Reports from Spain say that Rafa won't be playing either IW or Miami. We are still waiting for a confirmation though.

I'm not sure what to make of that. It might be a sensible decision.

Miami will then be without Federer and Nadal. Somewhat expected from Nadal.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3282 on: February 26, 2013, 05:22 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/tennis/2013/02/26/rafael-nadal-bnp-paribas-open-indian-wells-sony-open-miami/1948769/

Nadal's coach and uncle, Toni Nadal, told UH Radio Deportes (according to a report from Spanish journalist Tomeu Terrace) that the decision about Indian Wells and Key Biscayne had not been made.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3283 on: February 26, 2013, 09:13 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/tennis/2013/02/26/rafael-nadal-bnp-paribas-open-indian-wells-sony-open-miami/1948769/

Nadal's coach and uncle, Toni Nadal, told UH Radio Deportes (according to a report from Spanish journalist Tomeu Terrace) that the decision about Indian Wells and Key Biscayne had not been made.
  That in itself sounds ominous rather than prudent.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3284 on: February 26, 2013, 09:18 PM »

Nadal company is notorious for pulling the plug at the last minute. So if the news is confirmed or not is irrelevant to me.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »