Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rafael Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 ... 231 Go Down Reply
Author

Rafael Nadal

(Read 103499 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3300 on: February 28, 2013, 09:09 PM »

Almagro has the game to test Rafa but mentally Nadal will crush him.

Ferrer will be a real test.
Ferrer won't test Nadal. He'll choke, just like Almagro will. They both choke against Nadal.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3301 on: February 28, 2013, 09:14 PM »

Ferrer won't test Nadal. He'll choke, just like Almagro will. They both choke against Nadal.

I agree, its all on Ferrer's racket in my opinion and I don't think he'll deliver. I expect nothing short of Rafa dominance this tournament.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3302 on: February 28, 2013, 09:14 PM »

They do, yes but still you never know.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3303 on: February 28, 2013, 09:20 PM »

That might depend on how much both still see Nadal as a player to be feared, and it does seem to me that the Nadal 'aura' has slipped quite a bit now.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3304 on: February 28, 2013, 09:23 PM »

That might depend on how much both still see Nadal as a player to be feared, and it does seem to me that the Nadal 'aura' has slipped quite a bit now.

His Aura will be back by MC
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3305 on: February 28, 2013, 09:30 PM »

That bagel sent a sign to players. Everyone was going crazy when Nadal bageled Alund. If Nadal wins MC or Madrid or even both, he will be feared again.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3306 on: February 28, 2013, 09:39 PM »

That bagel sent a sign to players. Everyone was going crazy when Nadal bageled Alund. If Nadal wins MC or Madrid or even both, he will be feared again.
I didn't say his aura wasn't going to come back, but I truly can't see it being back by MC unless a miracle occurs and he wins Miami.

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3307 on: March 01, 2013, 12:24 AM »

The ATP rulebook says:

No player may continue playing in an ATP World Tour or ATP Challenger Tour tournament in singles or doubles after giving notice of withdrawal from a tournament scheduled in a future week on account of injury, illness or other medical reason.
Players, however, may continue playing in that event if the withdrawal from the future event was for non-medical reasons.

Is protecting knees a medical reason? If so, Rafa would presumably not be allowed to carry on in Acapulco if he announced withdrawal from IW/Miami. 

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3308 on: March 01, 2013, 12:50 AM »

The ATP rulebook says:

No player may continue playing in an ATP World Tour or ATP Challenger Tour tournament in singles or doubles after giving notice of withdrawal from a tournament scheduled in a future week on account of injury, illness or other medical reason.
Players, however, may continue playing in that event if the withdrawal from the future event was for non-medical reasons.

Is protecting knees a medical reason? If so, Rafa would presumably not be allowed to carry on in Acapulco if he announced withdrawal from IW/Miami. 
Thanks Elena.   As far I know, all that Rafa has done so far is to deny the rumours about his withdrawal from one or both these tournaments, saying that he's going to see how his knee feels after Acapulco.  As he's presumably aware of the rules, then that makes good sense and obviates the need for the ATP to decide whether protecting his knees is a medical reason or not.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3309 on: March 01, 2013, 02:03 AM »

The ATP rulebook says:

I think that's the situation in a nutshell. He'll pull out after Acapulco, or else withdraw after one match. At the very most he'll play IW and then pull out of Miami. Really cannot see him playing both.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3310 on: March 01, 2013, 05:21 AM »

Nadal vs Mayer

Nadal takes 1st set 6-1 in 37 mins.  Mayer in all sorts of trouble.

Can't understand why Nadal wants to play wearing a watch which according to the comms cost $750,000.  Very odd.

The 2nd set is going with serve but Mayer is now going for broke and it's paying off.  Saves a MP at 5-4 but Nadal eventually wins 7-5.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3311 on: March 01, 2013, 05:28 AM »

Won't spoil the end for you, Aileen, but Richard Mille approves of this message.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3312 on: March 01, 2013, 07:12 AM »

The fact that the press have reported his withdrawal must mean that something had been said.  Maybe he is denying it now as he would have to withdraw from Acapulco where he is doing well.  I have never trusted his teams' motives in anything they do and am sure he always does what Uncle Toni tells him to do.  I know I am very cynical but unfortunately I have learnt in life that where money and glory are concerned there are those whose exploit it.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3313 on: March 01, 2013, 11:54 AM »

It'll be interesting to see how the Rafa/Almagro SF pans out. Shame it's not being played until 10pm local time though which I think it 4am here! - will have to watch the replay instead I think.

Almagro's definitely got the game to trouble Rafa at his current level - many of their matches on clay have had close sets. But crucially he's never beaten him before so he's got that mental hurdle to overcome if he does get in a winning position tonight. It's a good match for Rafa to gauge his level though as he's going to have to move well to beat Almagro.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Rafael Nadal « Reply #3314 on: March 01, 2013, 02:21 PM »

Can't understand why Nadal wants to play wearing a watch which according to the comms cost $750,000.  Very odd.

Maybe checking the watch will be another thing to add to his service routine, to avoid penalties -  but something else will have to go!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 ... 231 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »