Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Is Nadal gay? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Is Nadal gay?  (Read 13866 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 03:57 PM »

It's also hilarious how people love to make up ludicrous rumours about those who have everything, Rafael Maymo or "Titin" is Rafa's physical trainer, beyond that it is none of our business.Congratulations to Rafa for his 7th RG title, absolutely ecstatic, so proud of him for what he has achieved in the last seven years. clap

Correct, it is none of our business. I didn't start the rumour & honestly don't care either way.
Rafa seems like a nice enough chap but it is urgent to me that Andy gets over his Rafa problem because unlike rafa he doesn't have 11 slams to play with and the clock is ticking.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 04:14 PM »

So sorry Nole lost He hasn't been playing as well this year but he definitely has the game to beat Rafa.
Who cares about players' sexuality? It's nobody's business but their own.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 04:15 PM »

Being gay doesn't affect what I think of him (my brother's gay). It's just that I hadn't thought about it until today, and now that I have it seems quite plausible. It's just interesting.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 04:39 PM »

I'm not complaining!! wub   

IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 04:49 PM »

yay Rafa

As for that whole 'gay' chat. I love him either way. Personally I think it's just that he's Spanish and from a nation that is very tactile and shows a lot of emotion. Most British males wouldn't even hug properly Rolling Eyes I think if Rafa was gay he wouldn't tell the world as he keeps his life personal, but I don't see him as the sort to have a decoy girlfriend.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Correct, it is none of our business. I didn't start the rumour & honestly don't care either way.
Rafa seems like a nice enough chap but it is urgent to me that Andy gets over his Rafa problem because unlike rafa he doesn't have 11 slams to play with and the clock is ticking.

Of course it's no one's business but it's also interesting if it's true. As to rumour, well, you know what they say. If there's smoke, there's bound to be fire. Quite ironically, this sort of rumour tends to be true. There was this episode in Will & Grace where Will met with this Sports figure that’s clearly gay, but he wouldn't go out with Will in public because he didn't want to come out and was comfortable with the way things were going for him. He didn't want to lose his sponsorships, his fans and a few others things. I remember Will then had to break the relationship as he was living openly by then. Anyway, people don't get this idea from Mars as they are pretty much taken from real life. And the dreams will be shattered if Nadal comes out. I think it's a very courageous thing to do to live openly because it's your own sexuality and you should never be ashamed of, unless name and fame matter to you most. And who is to say they don’t matter to him at all.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 06:51 PM »

So gutted that Nole lost.

As for Rafa's sexuality - I seem to recall not so long ago that Andy was accused of being gay on this very forum.

In fact if you google a lot of tennis players it isn't uncommon to see that word mentioned somewhere, very often along with the fact that they have a girlfriend.  Strikes me a lot of people have an unhealthy interest in the sexual orientation of celebrities, whether sports or otherwise.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 08:58 PM »

So gutted that Nole lost.

As for Rafa's sexuality - I seem to recall not so long ago that Andy was accused of being gay on this very forum.

In fact if you google a lot of tennis players it isn't uncommon to see that word mentioned somewhere, very often along with the fact that they have a girlfriend.  Strikes me a lot of people have an unhealthy interest in the sexual orientation of celebrities, whether sports or otherwise.

I am not sure when that happened in Andy's case but after that photo shoot with Vogue magazine, a few people on the other forum had asked me about Andy’s sexual orientation. There was a photo of him where he looked more gay than straight and that pretty much begged the question. lol

I don’t think in the end people particularly care about who’s gay or who’s straight but they do like to know the truth. It’s the same with parents as well especially nowadays. When you know and support a player for such a long time and you think you know who they are, it’s bound to generate some sort of curiosity if that’s not the case. Forget Rafa, would you be able to trust your husband again if he’d told you that he’s gay? Would it be about his sexual orientation at all that would put you off or would it be about the fact that he lied to you in the first place? If I had any curiosity at all it would strictly about that.

In any case, even if Rafa’s gay I don’t see him coming out in million years. His image means a lot to him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 11:01 PM »

Is Rafa gay? In his autobiography, he talks about his entourage and there's a guy who keeps cropping up called Titin. He has no clear role definition within Rafa's team, and there he was, after Rafa won today, giving him a big hug and a kiss.
For goodness sake - they're Spanish!  It's perfectly normal for French, Spanish and Italian men to embrace and kiss each other.  They're far more prone to showing their emotions than us Brits and I thought you'd know that by now.

I am not sure when that happened in Andy's case but after that photo shoot with Vogue magazine, a few people on the other forum had asked me about Andy’s sexual orientation. There was a photo of him where he looked more gay than straight and that pretty much begged the question. lol
I know about the Vogue pics, but Kim has been Andy's steady live-in girlfriend for several years now.  She must be a very strange woman indeed if she likes sharing the love of her life with the opposite sex.  I'm not naive and know a couple of guys who are bi-sexual, but neither has ever had a close long-term sexual relationship with a woman.
[ Last edit by Aileen June 11, 2012, 11:06 PM ] IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 11:02 PM »

Is Rafa gay? In his autobiography, he talks about his entourage and there's a guy who keeps cropping up called Titin. He has no clear role definition within Rafa's team, and there he was, after Rafa won today, giving him a big hug and a kiss.

He also got a hug and a kiss from Spanish NBA star Pau Gasol.  I watch loads of Spanish football and at the end of games they're all kissing. Messi can leave the pitch having been kissed by about 20 men.  Matches in Argentina are the same.  It's not exactly an unusual sight in Italy or France either.

It wouldn't make a difference to me either way but I don't believe Rafa is gay.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 05:43 PM »

For goodness sake - they're Spanish!  It's perfectly normal for French, Spanish and Italian men to embrace and kiss each other.  They're far more prone to showing their emotions than us Brits and I thought you'd know that by now.
I know about the Vogue pics, but Kim has been Andy's steady live-in girlfriend for several years now.  She must be a very strange woman indeed if she likes sharing the love of her life with the opposite sex.  I'm not naive and know a couple of guys who are bi-sexual, but neither has ever had a close long-term sexual relationship with a woman.

Just because they are Spanish doesn't mean though they can't be gay and that they won't be showing their emotion in the same way? It will be very tough to tell the difference.

Andy's not gay I agree. He's your man's man. He's too straight in fact. And Kim is indeed his live-in girlfriend, whereas Nadal’s girlfriend is not a live-in girlfriend and they’ve been going out since 2008 I guess? I don’t they think they meet up more than a few occasions each year. But that’s just one element though. There are other things/signs about Nadal that strike me as gay. He’s very neat and organized. A bit too thorough at times. The way he dresses outside tennis court is a bit on the off side. And his biting of the trophies is also something I find a bit too cute for straight a guy - well, I don't see any straight doing it at all in the first place. For example, I can’t imagine Andy or Nole or Federer doing it at all and I don’t think they’ll fancy doing it even in their wildest dreams. And sometimes the way Nadal looks in general off court and the way he smiles at times. There’s something very feminine (putting it delcately) about it.

Federere, I find slightly metrosexual. There's nothing wrong though in any of this. 
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #26 on: June 12, 2012, 06:38 PM »

Just because they are Spanish doesn't mean though they can't be gay and that they won't be showing their emotion in the same way? It will be very tough to tell the difference.

Andy's not gay I agree. He's your man's man. He's too straight in fact. And Kim is indeed his live-in girlfriend, whereas Nadal’s girlfriend is not a live-in girlfriend and they’ve been going out since 2008 I guess? I don’t they think they meet up more than a few occasions each year. But that’s just one element though. There are other things/signs about Nadal that strike me as gay. He’s very neat and organized. A bit too thorough at times. The way he dresses outside tennis court is a bit on the off side. And his biting of the trophies is also something I find a bit too cute for straight a guy - well, I don't see any straight doing it at all in the first place. For example, I can’t imagine Andy or Nole or Federer doing it at all and I don’t think they’ll fancy doing it even in their wildest dreams. And sometimes the way Nadal looks in general off court and the way he smiles at times. There’s something very feminine (putting it delcately) about it.

Federere, I find slightly metrosexual. There's nothing wrong though in any of this.  

lmao

"Slightly Metrosexual"?
lol, someone needs to put up that outfit he wore in the wimbledon final, it was like liberace on acid.
Andy strikes me as quite a sensitive guy, hardly a mans man stereotype, but very "normal"if you like, & very genuine.
I wouldn't like to speculate anyway on whether someone was gay due to how feminine they seemed as that smacks of shallow predjudice and ultimately is not always an accurate indicator, neither is marriage of 100% heterosexuality (come on), although I'm sure John travolta would be sympathetic to this position.
Nor is it an outrageous insult to suggest that someone could possibly be gay, for goodness sakes, which to me seems petty & quite homophobic.
The bottom line is all of these celebrities are keeping various things they or their agents consider unpopular under wraps about themselves because of money.
And the perceived effect that it could have on their careers. Very few have nothing to hide.
And they probably have a point.
Just as well youre speculating like this about Nadal on MW EJ. If you were just about anywhere else you would be torn to shreds.

Also i think we should start a new thread about this if you want to continue as it is clearly off topic here & will p**s some people off.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme June 12, 2012, 06:53 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 07:00 PM »

lmao

"Slightly Metrosexual"?
lol, someone needs to put up that outfit he wore in the wimbledon final, it was like liberace on acid.
Andy strikes me as quite a sensitive guy, hardly a mans man stereotype, but very "normal"if you like.
I wouldn't like to speculate anyway on whether someone was gay due to how feminine they seemed as that smacks of shallow predjudice and ultimately is not always an accurate indicator, neither is marriage of 100% heterosexuality (come on), although I'm sure John travolta would be sympathetic to this position. Nor is it an outrageous insult to suggest that someone could possibly be gay, for goodness sakes, which to me seems petty & quite homophobic.
The bottom line is all of these celebrities are keeping various things they or their agents consider unpopular under wraps about themselves because of money.
And the perceived effect that it could have on their careers. Very few have nothing to hide.
And they probably have a point.
Just as well youre speculating like this about Nadal on MW EJ. If you were just about anywhere else you would be torn to shreds.

Also i think we should start a new thread about this if you want to continue as it is clearly off topic here & will p**s some people off.

I don't think it's an insult to suggest if one is gay. If anyone says I am straight, will I be offended? I hardly think so. And by the same token, if one protests a bit much then I can also assume he or she might be a bit homosexual, simply because there's nothing to be offended about or as I see it. Or maybe I should tell you that I have too many gay friends that I can’t help but notice a few things about people. lol

But believe it or not, we have talked about Nadal, Federer, Andy and Nole’s sexual orientation on the other forum multiple times. I actually find this forum a bit conservative for my taste so sometimes I make it an effort to stay within the formal realm. Oh btw, I was going to bring John Travolta up and his latest fiasco that caught many by surprise but in the end, I thought it wasn’t all that important. Anyway, I get your point and I actually don’t have much interest in this.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #28 on: June 12, 2012, 07:20 PM »

I don't think it's an insult to suggest if one is gay. If anyone says I am straight, will I be offended? I hardly think so. And by the same token, if one protests a bit much then I can also assume he or she might be a bit homosexual, simply because there's nothing to be offended about or as I see it. Or maybe I should tell you that I have too many gay friends that I can’t help but notice a few things about people. lol

But believe it or not, we have talked about Nadal, Federer, Andy and Nole’s sexual orientation on the other forum multiple times. I actually find this forum a bit conservative for my taste so sometimes I make it an effort to stay within the formal realm. Oh btw, I was going to bring John Travolta up and his latest fiasco that caught many by surprise but in the end, I thought it wasn’t all that important. Anyway, I get your point and I actually don’t have much interest in this.

I didn't mean you but clearly some people were getting a little uncomfortable about this suggestion.
I personally wasn't. And think some of your comments about Nadal are quite observant.
I can talk about almost anything without hesitation but tend to edit myself here as well.
I agree that it can be quite conservative here as a lot of the regulars are probably from various suburbs throughout the country and perhaps a little older as well. Its nice in some respects however as there is clearly a lot less fights here than maybe both of us are used to.
Although fights can be fun also  devil
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 08:38 PM »

I didn't mean you but clearly some people were getting a little uncomfortable about this suggestion.
I personally wasn't. And think some of your comments about Nadal are quite observant.
I can talk about almost anything without hesitation but tend to edit myself here as well.
I agree that it can be quite conservative here as a lot of the regulars are probably from various suburbs throughout the country and perhaps a little older as well. Its nice in some respects however as there is clearly a lot less fights here than maybe both of us are used to.
Although fights can be fun also  devil

Some people were getting uncomfortable with the Luka Magnotta conversation as well, whereas I saw nothing wrong with it; perhaps it wasn't the right thread. I don't think that it's the age though but the level, because I've seen many older people with no knowledge or whatsoever, so if age was a sure thing to learn and be open about different things, then I really think they would have been by now. People are just on different levels and those who are on different planes find it hard to communicate with others who are not on their level. You and I, for example, are on the same level and that's why we have no problems understanding each other though we could be completely of different age. Similarly, those who are uncomfortable with certain conversations will probably understand each other far better than us.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean June 12, 2012, 08:47 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »