Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Is Nadal gay? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Is Nadal gay?

(Read 18573 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #30 on: June 12, 2012, 10:53 PM »

Some people were getting uncomfortable with the Luka Magnotta conversation as well, whereas I saw nothing wrong with it; perhaps it wasn't the right thread. I don't think that it's the age though but the level, because I've seen many older people with no knowledge or whatsoever, so if age was a sure thing to learn and be open about different things, then I really think they would have been by now. People are just on different levels and those who are on different planes find it hard to communicate with others who are not on their level. You and I, for example, are on the same level and that's why we have no problems understanding each other though we could be completely of different age. Similarly, those who are uncomfortable with certain conversations will probably understand each other far better than us.
I really don't know what you're trying to say, EJ.  I'm old enough to be your mother, maybe even your grandmother for all I know, and am perfectly open-minded and certainly not naive.  Do you think us older generation have never had a life?  Yes some things were taboo when I was younger but that doesn't mean to say they didn't exist or that we ignored them.

I just find it a little unhealthy that people seem to want to publicly speculate upon and dissect the sexual orientation or habits of somebody they don't know personally. Would you be happy if yours was similarly dealt with on a public forum or in the media?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 10:53 PM »

Well said Aileen - go along with you absolutely. Can't see how living in the suburbs and being older makes for conservatism (with a small 'c')!  Odd how the younger generation always imagine they have invented open-mindedness and radical thinking!!!!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 11:34 PM »

Just as well youre speculating like this about Nadal on MW EJ. If you were just about anywhere else you would be torn to shreds.
Also i think we should start a new thread about this if you want to continue as it is clearly off topic here & will p**s some people off.
Wouldn't want anything dramatic to happen...
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #33 on: June 13, 2012, 12:30 AM »

I really don't know what you're trying to say, EJ.  I'm old enough to be your mother, maybe even your grandmother for all I know, and am perfectly open-minded and certainly not naive.  Do you think us older generation have never had a life?  Yes some things were taboo when I was younger but that doesn't mean to say they didn't exist or that we ignored them.

I just find it a little unhealthy that people seem to want to publicly speculate upon and dissect the sexual orientation or habits of somebody they don't know personally. Would you be happy if yours was similarly dealt with on a public forum or in the media?

I specifically said, Aileen that it has nothing to do with age. Where are you getting your ideas from? I am saying the reason why different people have different opinions about different things is because they belong to different levels/planes. There are people who are extremely advanced for their age and there are people who are very old, yet their take on things can be very primitive, as if age has taught them absolutely nothing. And the opposite is true. True knowledge, a great insight into things doesn't necessarily always come with age, so age isn't really the discussion here. For example, you and Scot will be able to communicate better than you and I, because you are of same culture, religion etc. I am implying something similar to that and a bit more. The reason why Bill and I agree on almost all things is because we think alike.

Also, sex is not personal. It's a superficial thing just like age, gender, height, weight etc. So if I ask someone if he or she is gay or straight, then it's perfectly okay and there's nothing wrong with it, but if I judge him/her based on what colour or gender or race he/she is, then that's wrong. I don't have to tell you that. Understand the difference I am talking about. If I want to date a guy but I am not sure about his sexual orientation, then I am most definitely going to ask him and I don’t think at all that he’ll be offended by it. I have no other way to find out after all. He can very well say that it’s a personal matter but it will also be very stupid.  And I wasn’t talking about Nadal’s habits at all but rather what they mean. It’s always the intention that counts in the end.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #34 on: June 13, 2012, 12:42 AM »

Anyway, that's my last word on it as I have absolutely no interest left in it. We'd already discussed it at length on the other forum after Federer wore that hideous outfit at Wimbledon and we explored all possibilities, and that was alright. It was just interesting to see someone else bringing it up here again. Doesn't really matter gay or straight.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 12:42 AM »

Definitely heterosexual.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 12:44 AM »

Sir Panda, very naughty. :p
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 12:45 AM »

Sir Panda, very naughty. :p

Incontrovertible evidence, 'maam.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 01:04 AM »

I specifically said, Aileen that it has nothing to do with age. Where are you getting your ideas from? I am saying the reason why different people have different opinions about different things is because they belong to different levels/planes. There are people who are extremely advanced for their age and there are people who are very old, yet their take on things can be very primitive, as if age has taught them absolutely nothing. And the opposite is true. True knowledge, a great insight into things doesn't necessarily always come with age, so age isn't really the discussion here. For example, you and Scot will be able to communicate better than you and I, because you are of same culture, religion etc. I am implying something similar to that and a bit more. The reason why Bill and I agree on almost all things is because we think alike.

Also, sex is not personal. It's a superficial thing just like age, gender, height, weight etc. So if I ask someone if he or she is gay or straight, then it's perfectly okay and there's nothing wrong with it, but if I judge him/her based on what colour or gender or race he/she is, then that's wrong. I don't have to tell you that. Understand the difference I am talking about. If I want to date a guy but I am not sure about his sexual orientation, then I am most definitely going to ask him and I don’t think at all that he’ll be offended by it. I have no other way to find out after all. He can very well say that it’s a personal matter but it will also be very stupid.  And I wasn’t talking about Nadal’s habits at all but rather what they mean. It’s always the intention that counts in the end.

OK - sorry for the misunderstanding, just thought I'd make my position on things clear.  Anyway like you I've no further interest in this matter, except to say that I've always thought there was something a bit 'girly' about Nadal's appearance, which doesn't mean to say I thought he was gay.  After all a lot of macho-looking males are gay.  You can't always go by outward apperances.

Incontrovertible evidence, 'maam.
Can we now assume you'll give us the lurid details about what happened when you met - right down to the use of Lurpak?
[ Last edit by Aileen June 13, 2012, 01:08 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 01:08 AM »

OK - sorry for the misunderstanding, just thought I'd make my take on things clear.  Anyway like you I've no further interest in this matter, except to say that I've always thought there was something a bit 'girly' about Nadal's appearance, which doesn't mean to say I thought he was gay.
Can we now assume you'll give us the lurid details about what happened when you met - right down to the use of Lurpak?

Oh, I meant to tell that you can't be my grand mother because I am 30 somthing. I don't think you are that old. :p
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 01:11 AM »

lol  Thanks for the clarification!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 01:12 AM »

Usually I would insist on Lurpak, you know me Aileen, but he was vehement that we used olive oil. Those Spaniards.

I made him stiffer than he was at his USO press conference last year.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 01:14 AM »

So you're bi are you - at least in your fantasies?
[ Last edit by Aileen June 13, 2012, 01:18 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #43 on: June 13, 2012, 01:18 AM »

OK - sorry for the misunderstanding, just thought I'd make my position on things clear.  Anyway like you I've no further interest in this matter, except to say that I've always thought there was something a bit 'girly' about Nadal's appearance, which doesn't mean to say I thought he was gay.  After all a lot of macho-looking males are gay.  You can't always go by outward apperances. Can we now assume you'll give us the lurid details about what happened when you met - right down to the use of Lurpak?

Indeed and that's because they have own roles to play in the relationship. I am actually very fond of gay people because I find them very honest, fun loving and very down to earth. A couple of my best friends are gay - both male though. I had a couple of female gay friends (one in high school and one in college) but the friendship didn't last very long, because somehow they felt I'd be interested in all things but I wasn't. Male gay friends make the best friends...for me anyway.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Is Nadal gay? « Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 01:19 AM »

My fantasies with tennis players are more likely to involve Ana Ivanovic and Gisela Dulko.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »