Home Login Register
MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Is Nadal gay?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Reply

Is Nadal gay?

There was a pretty scurrilous interview in the Sunday Times last year that hinted pretty heavily at this. I did see this in the press some time afterwards that made me wonder too -

"RAFA Nadal landed Andy Murray in hot water with his girlfriend – by pretending to be her love rival.

The Scots tennis ace was bombarded with a string of suggestive texts from the “other woman” while out for a romantic meal with Kim Sears.

Panicking Andy, 24, was left making excuses all through dinner – until he realised he’d been spotted by the Spanish ace.

Andy said: “One of the messages said, ‘Hi Andy, you look great tonight, shame your girlfriend is here'.

"It had a couple of kisses at the end.

“I panicked. I didn’t know who it was from. It wasn’t until I was on my way home and I was walking back to the hotel that I realised it was Rafa Nadal.

“I am in the process of trying to think up a good prank to get him back.” "

But in the end who cares? Like John says being a great player is down to personality, skill and heart which Nadal has in spades. His sexuality is irrelevant.

Now gaylord tennis on the other hand ... http://www.robnewman.com/gaylord.html

[ Last edit by mumbler June 13, 2012, 09:04 PM ] IP Logged

It sounds to me like it was a Nadal prank - the sort of ones one guy might play on another - rather than an indication that he's gay.
[ Last edit by Aileen June 14, 2012, 12:23 AM ] IP Logged

Aye. Probably was just a prank.

I felt bad that I caught myself speculating when I originally read it. As someone who went through much of secondary school being called gay because I had long hair was quiet and totally rubbish at football, I hate the whole male social thing of deciding on someone's sexuality because they don't fit into some arbitrary rule of 'masculinity'.
IP Logged

They would make the perfect couple. wub

So Tabasco is gay now too? Spaniards are touchy feely, just like Russians, we love a grope!  Smile

IP Logged

Unless it's a Djokovic hug. Rafa is definitely not into that!  :p
IP Logged

Thanks mumbler.. but we actually knew about the Rafa prank, and it's posted in the Videos thread.
Here it is, straight from the horse's mouth himself (around 1.00min):

IP Logged

It's reassuring to know that at least one Daily Record article has been based on a reliable source!
IP Logged

Thanks mumbler.. but we actually knew about the Rafa prank, and it's posted in the Videos thread.

poster_oops  I definitely missed that one!
IP Logged

^ I have a photographic memory when it comes to funny Andy stuff.. just don't ask me what I had for dinner last night. Very Happy
IP Logged

They would make the perfect couple. wub

So Tabasco is gay now too? Spaniards are touchy feely, just like Russians, we love a grope!  Smile

Aww - tender  lol

It does seriously beg the question: Is this the sort of prank a gay male would play?  I very much doubt it.  Also from memories of my own youth the lads I hung around with, who were all hetero, were always having little jokes like this.
IP Logged

I have a tendency for doing these sort of jokes.  My favourite was what I called 'gay chicken' where I walked inside a Mall holding hands with my friend and the first person to let go lost. I won, of course.
IP Logged

IP Logged

^^ Hilarious!  Thanks EJ. Smile

I have a tendency for doing these sort of jokes.  My favourite was what I called 'gay chicken' where I walked inside a Mall holding hands with my friend and the first person to let go lost. I won, of course.
You don't happen to have a video of that, do you Mark? lol
IP Logged

So Tabasco is gay now too? Spaniards are touchy feely, just like Russians, we love a grope!  Smile

It would be nice if more blokes weren't so afraid to show their feelings.
IP Logged

I think the whole thing is ridiculous as it doesn't matter whether anybody s gay or not. When the questions stopped being asked we'll all grow because we'll know it's as important as what my neighbour had for breakfast yesterday.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Reply