Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Real Tennis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Real Tennis

(Read 5476 times)
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Real Tennis « Reply #15 on: December 01, 2005, 05:30 PM »

Quote from: "alc.aka.amyc"
Wigan has a sports arena outside the JJB Stadium and theres four indoors courts and I think four outdoor courts.  They do loads of lessons and sessions like for tots, kids, teens and adults.  Some are for fun and some are serious, its really good!  I wish it was there when I was younger.  I might have got into it more.  I play badminton as a hobby now though.

wow, glad to hear there is another badminton player out there!  goodjob  Since the start of the school year i joined the badminton club and in less then two weeks i am playing for the school! but by no means have i given up tennis, it's just that the club at school doesn't start till summer although i am joining a tennis club near me very soon!
by the way congratulations if you are a football fan, beating Newcastle last night. great match!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Real Tennis « Reply #16 on: December 01, 2005, 07:28 PM »

Amy,are you in the top 100 Juniors then or around the 500 mark, and is playing in the Girls Draw at Wimbledon a realistic goal for you or not? goodjob Well Done and kepp trying to climb up. Wink
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Real Tennis « Reply #17 on: December 01, 2005, 07:43 PM »

goodjob Congrats Amy!!  =D> We're all behind you.. and it's so great that you won.
I just played a doubles match.. and won by the tip of a needle  Whistle
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Real Tennis « Reply #18 on: December 01, 2005, 07:44 PM »

Well then i think some congratualtions are needed for both of you  goodjob  =D>  goodjob
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Real Tennis « Reply #19 on: December 01, 2005, 08:17 PM »

Hehee...  hug
I've told my coach hundreds of times.. that i just can't play in total darkness with really bright flood lights. When the lights are normal - it's fine, but at my club they are soo bright. Seems like your being blinded - so a lot of the serves were out or very poor  ranting
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Real Tennis « Reply #20 on: December 01, 2005, 10:16 PM »

Quote from: "top_spin"
Hehee...  hug
I've told my coach hundreds of times.. that i just can't play in total darkness with really bright flood lights. When the lights are normal - it's fine, but at my club they are soo bright. Seems like your being blinded - so a lot of the serves were out or very poor  ranting

i know what you mean topspin. this time of year is a great opportunity to get outside and do some outdoor court work but its just impossibly dark! indoor courts are the best option for now but its so frustrating because id rather be outside practicing on surfaces ill be facing early next year. just need to get a load of training.

and in reply, still contemplating about junior girls wimbledon- (even though i hate grass courts) itd be fantastic. and lets just say my ranking arent exactly anything to get excited about just yet. im not even in the top 200. but my lifetime ambition is top 10.

amy- is it a 'real' tennis court with a really long court and lines on it? id love to find out more about it. which area of the uk do you live in?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Real Tennis « Reply #21 on: December 01, 2005, 10:24 PM »

Quote from: "Amy"

i know what you mean topspin. this time of year is a great opportunity to get outside and do some outdoor court work but its just impossibly dark! indoor courts are the best option for now but its so frustrating because id rather be outside practicing on surfaces ill be facing early next year. just need to get a load of training.

Ahh so im not the only one! Very Happy
Yea.. London weather is usually managable to get some good games every week in the evenings ..i just can't see the ball.  no
I think i'd rather stay outside then go and play inside - gets very hot and awful indoor surface at the place i play at. Frown

Good luck with your training Amy!  goodjob
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Real Tennis « Reply #22 on: December 01, 2005, 10:26 PM »

Hehee...  hug

plus it's near impossible to see the ball even at midday when practice has practically just started! its a right pain.
and dont get me started on serving- coach is trying to change my positions and its taking me forever to master Frown
are you left handed or right handed topspin?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Real Tennis « Reply #23 on: December 01, 2005, 10:33 PM »

plus it's near impossible to see the ball even at midday when practice has practically just started! its a right pain.
and dont get me started on serving- coach is trying to change my positions and its taking me forever to master Frown

Yea the grey sky/climate definitly makes it hard to see the ball Frown Smashes - absolutely impossible. But i don't train as much as you of course so doesnm't affect me that greatly.

I write with my right hand.. but baisicaally i started playing tennis at the age of 4, and until i was 8 i was taught to play with my left hand  Whistle The trainer thought i had a strong left hand, so he thought it would be more succesful to teach me left from the start...
But i changed to right in the end. The outcome.. a poor righthand but a good and powerful double handed backhand..  dontknow Sort of mucked up, but hey.. c'est la vie Smile
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Real Tennis « Reply #24 on: December 02, 2005, 09:13 AM »

Quote from: "alc.aka.amyc"
I play badminton as a hobby now though.

Quote from: "brighton babe"
wow, glad to hear there is another badminton player out there!  goodjob

More than one, in fact... I was playing only last night. Smile
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Real Tennis « Reply #25 on: December 02, 2005, 10:17 AM »

Yea the grey sky/climate definitly makes it hard to see the ball Frown Smashes - absolutely impossible. But i don't train as much as you of course so doesnm't affect me that greatly.

I write with my right hand.. but baisicaally i started playing tennis at the age of 4, and until i was 8 i was taught to play with my left hand  Whistle The trainer thought i had a strong left hand, so he thought it would be more succesful to teach me left from the start...
But i changed to right in the end. The outcome.. a poor righthand but a good and powerful double handed backhand..  dontknow Sort of mucked up, but hey.. c'est la vie Smile

im right handed with a double handed backhand too. great minds play alike eh?  Wink

i love badminton but playing tennis and badminton arent a good mix. after hitting a shuttlecock with such force and ease etc. its hard to go back and hit a tennis ball without breaking your wrist!! (as an old friend found out!!! ouch)
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Real Tennis « Reply #26 on: December 02, 2005, 06:16 PM »

Aww no!  hug Poor friend! it's bad when you find out things in such a way Frown

The problems for me.. is that i play table tennis and tennis a lot....
and sometimes my table tennis technique (powerful hit, tense muscles, flicked wrist..) carries on into my tennis play. So when i "flick" my wrist in tennis.. the ball goes into the net.  #-o It's hard to get rid of it.
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Real Tennis « Reply #27 on: December 02, 2005, 06:22 PM »

Aww no!  hug Poor friend! it's bad when you find out things in such a way Frown

The problems for me.. is that i play table tennis and tennis a lot....
and sometimes my table tennis technique (powerful hit, tense muscles, flicked wrist..) carries on into my tennis play. So when i "flick" my wrist in tennis.. the ball goes into the net.  #-o It's hard to get rid of it.

yer i know what you mean. when i was about 13,14 and concentrating on my serving techniques i was flicking loads and netting the ball. and id get frustrated and lob the ball so itd go out the court.
dont worry youll get the hang of it- just keep going!!!  goodjob
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Real Tennis « Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 07:02 PM »

My serve is weird. I bend my back and just throw my whole body forwards.  There is no rhythm at all, but I can usually ace my mates several times per match
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Real Tennis « Reply #29 on: December 02, 2005, 07:32 PM »

Quote from: "Sir Panda"
My serve is weird. I bend my back and just throw my whole body forwards.  There is no rhythm at all, but I can usually ace my mates several times per match

as long as it works for you that ace.
mines slightly wierd. as i turn my back leg bends and the front straightens out.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »