Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Real Tennis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Real Tennis  (Read 5304 times)
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Real Tennis « Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 08:29 PM »

dontknow Serves are very hard...
I'm working on chopper grip at the mo but it travels through the air really slowely Frown I hate chopper grip.
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Real Tennis « Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 08:33 PM »

funnily enough thats my favourite grip.
oh well. every man to its on eh?  dontknow
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Real Tennis « Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 08:48 PM »

Every woman Amy! Wink

Well i just find chopper grip a bit hard.  confused I think it's my raqcuet that makes it hard.
What racquet do you play with Amy?
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Real Tennis « Reply #33 on: December 04, 2005, 04:10 PM »

Quote from: "JohnW"
Quote from: "alc.aka.amyc"
I play badminton as a hobby now though.

Quote from: "brighton babe"
wow, glad to hear there is another badminton player out there!  goodjob

More than one, in fact... I was playing only last night. Smile

cool, i have an hours practice after school tomorrow, and lunchtimes wednesday and thursday! it's just over a week to the competition! shocking
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Real Tennis « Reply #34 on: December 04, 2005, 05:35 PM »

Quote from: "JohnW"
Quote from: "alc.aka.amyc"
I play badminton as a hobby now though.

wow, glad to hear there is another badminton player out there!  goodjob

More than one, in fact... I was playing only last night. Smile

cool, i have an hours practice after school tomorrow, and lunchtimes wednesday and thursday! it's just over a week to the competition! shocking

good luck! just keep a cool head and try not to get too feisty on court! i get told off for swearing by my mum  pullhair

and topspin- usually i use Head Intelligence iRadical. Ive been using Head for a year now- before then i always used Slazenger but for some reason i prefer Head now. It's much more comfortable for my liking.
heres a thing you didnt know- ive kept every single racket ive owned since i was about 5!!! you should see some of them- theyre so battered!!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Real Tennis « Reply #35 on: December 04, 2005, 08:23 PM »

Quote from: "Amy"

and topspin- usually i use Head Intelligence iRadical. Ive been using Head for a year now- before then i always used Slazenger but for some reason i prefer Head now. It's much more comfortable for my liking.
heres a thing you didnt know- ive kept every single racket ive owned since i was about 5!!! you should see some of them- theyre so battered!!

Head?  Think Ahh.. i don't like them, but hey - it's everybody's preferance! Very Happy

Lol.. the racquet thing is funny. I've still got my first racquet, tiny little smashed up thing. As light as a feather. Wink
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Real Tennis « Reply #36 on: December 04, 2005, 10:27 PM »

Head are good. Its a racket that suits my style of shots.
what racket do you use then topspin?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Real Tennis « Reply #37 on: December 05, 2005, 08:24 PM »

I've got a Wilson nCode n5... (excellent for back line play) dontknow but im hoping to get a babolat AeroPro.. heard they are suited better for spin!  goodjob
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Real Tennis « Reply #38 on: December 05, 2005, 08:35 PM »

you can always rely on wilson to give you a good quality racquet.

i dunno what it is about Head i like so much. I like the tension you can get with the Midplus iRadical. suppose you like most what you grow with...
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Real Tennis « Reply #39 on: December 05, 2005, 08:47 PM »

Hehe, i grew up with Dunlop all the way.. until i got fed up with it  ranting The strings were awfull.. and i don't know why!  dontknow Also the racquet tension didn't really suit my play.
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Real Tennis « Reply #40 on: December 05, 2005, 08:49 PM »

ive never liked dunlop that much. theyre alright as racquets for just messing around with but for serious play theyre pathetic.
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Real Tennis « Reply #41 on: December 06, 2005, 05:17 PM »

good luck! just keep a cool head and try not to get too feisty on court! i get told off for swearing by my mum  pullhair

heres a thing you didnt know- ive kept every single racket ive owned since i was about 5!!! you should see some of them- theyre so battered!![/quote]

thanks Amy, although every time i miss an easy shot or something i seem to swear and get really angry! ranting  so i am hoping that they won't give out warnings!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Real Tennis « Reply #42 on: December 06, 2005, 07:28 PM »

thanks Amy, although every time i miss an easy shot or something i seem to swear and get really angry! ranting  so i am hoping that they won't give out warnings!

no Hehe... one thing i've learnt.. is never swear in sport! I used to do it quite a lot - but since ive got a new tennis coach, he stops us the second we open our mouths (if you swear.. 2 times round the whole tennis club)  :P
It's a good idea not to swear.. ecspecially in sport  goodjob It gets you even more annoyed and you feel that the only way to get your anger out is by swearing. Throwing your racquet is worse.. so i reside to going up to the net and waming the ball as hard as possible - even if it's out... 1 point isn't such a big deal, compared with lots of swearing and a tough set!  dontknow
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Real Tennis « Reply #43 on: December 06, 2005, 07:33 PM »

I also never swear when I'm playing. It doesn't help...
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Real Tennis « Reply #44 on: December 06, 2005, 08:36 PM »

I must admit, when i do play, i do swear occasionally .....  Whistle
But not as much as i used to....  I was once playing in aa fun tournament (was just a bit of fun, all ages and girls and boys, no separate tournaments) at my club, and i was playing an 8 year old boy. I swore after one shot, and the person in charge made me loose the whole set....  ranting
After that i did try not to swear too much.....  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »