Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Regardless of whether Andy wins it or not, Wimbledon 13 is one of the best ever! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Regardless of whether Andy wins it or not, Wimbledon 13 is one of the best ever!

(Read 1131 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

What a slam this has been!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

I must concur. These 32 bitches who think because their name has a number next to it, they are significant, have been told that it is just a number by those who have a Q or WC next to it, or nothing at all.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

It's certainly been entertaining. And a little gobsmacking too. Wink
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

I must concur. These 32 bitches who think because their name has a number next to it, they are significant, have been told that it is just a number by those who have a Q or WC next to it, or nothing at all.

I don't think it's the players who've thought that way (with one or two exceptions perhaps). But the endless speculation and predictions and discussions about seeding that we had from the pundits did get pretty tiresome.

I agree with Fed (if that's allowed!) in his press conference yesterday. From Wimbledon live blog: Federer has a little dig at the media for hyping up the Federer-Nadal quarter-final, telling them "maybe this is a lesson for you guys as well." Says it was disrespectful to the other players in the draw.

I wonder whether that comment is reported in the papers!

Andy has also said some similar stuff about people obsessing over the draw. Also said somewhere that playing lower ranked opponents never seems easy when on court, although it might look like it on paper.

It's a shame about the injuries, but I wish reports would make it clear that many of the injuries are nothing to do with slippery grass. And good that Fed's defeat was nothing to do with injuries  Also good to hear Andy and others talking about what adjustments need to be made when playing on grass.

It's about time though that some other players got a bit of attention.
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

indeed  its been a crazy one this year Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

The most exciting ever!  yay
So boring when Fedal was dominating everything.
IP Logged
LIBANY
Satellite Level

Connecting to multiple grand slams Murray!

What ??? Andy has to do      trophy   ! I will be always fan if he doen't     Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Andy lifting the trophy will be the icing on el cake.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

What ??? Andy has to do      trophy   ! I will be always fan if he doen't     Smile
Me too, love the Guy what ever, but I think he will be lifting that   trophy
IP Logged
LIBANY
Satellite Level

Connecting to multiple grand slams Murray!

pray
Me too, love the Guy what ever, but I think he will be lifting that   trophy

Can you say the true Deb!!       pray
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Convinced the big hike in prize money has made the little guys hungrier. £63k for winning two matches is a big deal for a journeyman pro.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

^ Interesting point re: prize money; that crossed my mind after the Staks win!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

I think it's been an amazing Wimbledon. One of the most fascinating for a long time, on both sides.

It amazes me how much difference losing just one or two of those top players makes. It's fascinating to see who that brings through.

I'm convinced it's all lining up for Andy. I think it is his time. I'll talk about how much I'll still support him either way when and if he doesn't win it. Until then I'm hopeful and excited for him.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Does anyone recall the last time two slam virgins contested a Wimbledon women's final?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

There's been so many first time winners in the last few years there've bound to have been a few.

Who did Li, Kvitova, Schiavone, Azarenka, Kuznetsova all beat in their finals?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »