Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Remember these? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Remember these?

(Read 323 times)
andychamp21

Remember these? « on: September 12, 2012, 03:07 PM »

I literally can't believe Gaudio & Korda got slams when you think how hard Andy has had to work for it!

http://blog.oddslife.com/2012/09/murray-joins-the-one-slam-club/
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Remember these? « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 03:15 PM »

It's even worse when you go back to the 70s and the top players didn't play the Aussie Open. You've got AO champions like Johan Kriek (just a journeyman top 20 player) and Brian Teacher (not even that).
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Remember these? « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 04:08 PM »

I notice Richard Krajicek - another one Slam wonder (Wimbledon 1996) - has been omitted from this exclusive club.

Anyway I think Oddslife should get in touch with reality!  Andy only turned 25 in May so should not be consigned to The One Slam Club just yet.

I remember Ivanisevic's purple patch only too well, not only because Tim Henman would probably have beaten him to reach the Wimbledon final in 2001 had it not been for constant rain interruptions, but also for his subsequent see-saw final against Pat Rafter on a lively "people's" Monday afternoon, and becoming the first wild card to win a Slam in the process - although it was his 4th final there, his misfortune having been to run up against Agassi or Sampras in previous ones.

He was one of the great crowd-pleasers of that era whose melodramatic antics were second to none - frequently saying things like he was going to kill himself if he lost a match!

IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »