Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Remove Andrew Castle from commentating on the Wimbledon 2013 Final. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Remove Andrew Castle from commentating on the Wimbledon 2013 Final.

(Read 2242 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/saynotocastle/

Set up this petition. Sick of this clown. Get rid of him.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Signed.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

^ Me too. ******* ****!  Pity Mark has stopped swearing....Wink
Come on Mark, just for once.....
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

I support Castle and the BBC. Vast majority of people watching Wimbledon are not tennis fans and Castle's style is good for them.

Why should the BBC care about genuine tennis fans? In the UK we are a small group of people with no influence.
[ Last edit by Mark July 05, 2013, 07:51 AM ] IP Logged
michelle
Seed

I support Castle and the BBC. Vast majority of people watching Wimbledon are not tennis fans and Castle's style is good for them.

Why should the BBC care about genuine tennis fans? In the UK we are a small group of people with no influence.
Totally agree with you, whatever we may think about Castle as a Com he is a great supporter of Andy as to the farce with  Lloyd, some friend Lloyd is to look for money for a statement that actually gave nothing away, just that there were personal reasons why Lloyd wouldn't go for the LTA job. If he didn't like what Castle had said he could have had a quiet word with him.
As to his commentating he doesn't bother me as much as some others, namely Cowen who always reminds me when he is in the studio that he like a chicken about to lay an egg! There are a few others that get under my skin as well.

IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

How about a petition to ban people from writing petitions until they learn to spell.    Let's all remember that none of us is perfect.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

I think he's OK. He knows his audience, he's confident and he's credible. He should have shut up about the Lloyd thing, but I don't think he betrayed any confidences.

If we're putting anyone up for the chop, you'd be looking at Garry Richardson light years before you got to Andrew Castle.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

I listened to Castle and Tim H commenting on the Gold Medal match. Their commentary was so biased in favour of Mr M, as to be funny. Impartiality went out of the window very rapidly. I will forgive Castle for anything after that. He might be a prat, but he is on Mr M's side.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

I don't have a problem with Castle's commentary and it's definitely not bad enough to warrant a petition.

Some people just love to complain without thinking clearly why they're doing it.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

I also think that Castle is fine. Most people watching the BBC's coverage won't be regular tennis fans - certainly the majority of the 10 million watching Andy's match the other day won't have been. Many will only have heard of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Andy - I doubt many will have heard of the rest of the top 8 players, let alone those that are lower ranked. So it makes sense to employ someone that can explain the game and provide some information on the other players. After all the negativity about Andy in the media over the years, I don't think bias towards him now is a bad thing at all - I'm sure other host broadcasters would be biased towards their home players too.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

I also think that Castle is fine. Most people watching the BBC's coverage won't be regular tennis fans - certainly the majority of the 10 million watching Andy's match the other day won't have been. Many will only have heard of Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Andy - I doubt many will have heard of the rest of the top 8 players, let alone those that are lower ranked. So it makes sense to employ someone that can explain the game and provide some information on the other players. After all the negativity about Andy in the media over the years, I don't think bias towards him now is a bad thing at all - I'm sure other host broadcasters would be biased towards their home players too.

It's a shame the information is usually incorrect and incredibly patronising about said players.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

It's a shame the information is usually incorrect and incredibly patronising about said players.
Come on, "usually" is a massive exaggeration.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

But he is always spot on when it comes to new balls.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

I signed it because of the Queens incident, that at the time, he should have been fired straight off from. Sharing that someone is having problems with their personal life, then going into detail about it on live TV and probably humiliating the person, followed by a cheap uppercut into the throat by saying because of that they are not fit for the role as CEO, is quite honestly, uncalled for, unprofessional and cruel. Also makes Castle look a real snob.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

He makes the odd mistake, but so do all commentators. John McEnroe seemed to think Delpo was Spanish the other week!

IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »