Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Remove Andrew Castle from commentating on the Wimbledon 2013 Final. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Remove Andrew Castle from commentating on the Wimbledon 2013 Final.

(Read 1903 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

He did not go into details, if you remember afterwards someone on this forum asked what was the personal issue with Lloyd you were the one who told us that he was bankrupt.

What I meant by details was, he was continuing to press the issue on Harman, therefore inflating the issue.
IP Logged
Stevie

mad4tennis

In my view, Castle, I had found to be very knowledgeable and professional, but a real hard nut who is happy to push in at any stage and interrupt with little regard for others. I can't stand the sound of his voice.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

I like Castle just as much as Petchey. Both top-notch. Just be grateful Boris Becker isn't a commentator!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

When I watch Tennis I want to here unbias commentary, not bias fanboyism over the home favourite. I get that a large majority of Britain wants Andy to win Wimbledon, but you have to remember that Tennis is not a nationalist sport, and people often support players who's games they like, not because of what country they are from.

What!! OK you've completely lost the plot with this nonsense. Tennis is absolutely a nationalist sport in that the vast majority of a country's population will support their player over a foreigner.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

When I watch Tennis I want to here unbias commentary, not bias fanboyism over the home favourite. I get that a large majority of Britain wants Andy to win Wimbledon, but you have to remember that Tennis is not a nationalist sport, and people often support players who's games they like, not because of what country they are from.

What!! OK you've completely lost the plot with this nonsense. Tennis is absolutely a nationalist sport in that the vast majority of a country's population will support their player over a foreigner.

Not true.

Just look how many people from the UK support Federer, Nadal and Djokovic over Andy.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

I like Castle just as much as Petchey. Both top-notch. Just be grateful Boris Becker isn't a commentator!

Did you actually watch the Wimbledon final, or the tournament at all for that matter? If so you would know that Becker is a commentator.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

How far up one's arse can someone get?

Marcus Webb ‏@mewebb1  21h 
@AndrewCastle63 if you want great tennis tweeters andrew follow these two @TheTennisTalker and @GBtennis

Steven ‏@GBtennis  18h 
@mewebb1 Thanks :-) Though not sure AC is that interested in the players I spend most of the time writing about, even if maybe he should be.

Andrew Castle ‏@AndrewCastle63  14h 
@GBtennis @mewebb1 Steven, some respect please. As a former British No1 I do care. 41 years living it. Have a good evening.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

LOL
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »