Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Roger Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Roger Federer

(Read 12070 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #165 on: October 13, 2013, 12:26 PM »

Fed and his coach have 'parted company'!  w00t Can't say I'm surprised though!  Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #166 on: October 13, 2013, 01:43 PM »

And it's gonna make such a difference...Right.... nah
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #167 on: October 13, 2013, 01:50 PM »

Intensely dislike the man for his arrogance, but not really enjoying this. He has won everything bar the Olympic Singles Gold. Why on earth doesn't he retire gracefully and with dignity. Perhaps he should now be focussing on his wife and children, and enjoying them. They must have missed out whilst he has been on the tour.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #168 on: October 13, 2013, 01:53 PM »

Yes his kids will soon be of school age. Is he going to have them travel with him. They need a settled life and not travelling all over the place. I agree with you Masaka he has everything he will ever need time to retire with some grace.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #169 on: October 13, 2013, 02:06 PM »

Roger's  "glory days ' are over,i wish he would just give in with some kind of graciousness.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #170 on: October 13, 2013, 02:07 PM »

And it's gonna make such a difference...Right.... nah
Of course.....but only in Fed's dreams! Wink
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #171 on: October 13, 2013, 02:12 PM »

Intensely dislike the man for his arrogance, but not really enjoying this. He has won everything bar the Olympic Singles Gold. Why on earth doesn't he retire gracefully and with dignity. Perhaps he should now be focussing on his wife and children, and enjoying them. They must have missed out whilst he has been on the tour.
To be honest, I'd love if he hung on a bit longer! If he goes now.....I'll have nobody to laugh at!  Whistle
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #172 on: October 13, 2013, 02:13 PM »

Smugfed is delusional alright, he is 31 years old and nothing he will do can help. His body is getting older so he is slower in mind and in body. See he has fired Paul Anicone too is he going to carry on without a coach maybe he will as he seems to be unable to take advice and think he is always right.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #173 on: October 13, 2013, 03:53 PM »

Think he may even have just passed 32.  Go now Roger before you become an even bigger embarrassment.  Let people remember you for the glory days not this pitiful spiralling decline you've got yourself into.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #174 on: October 13, 2013, 04:41 PM »

To be honest, I'd love if he hung on a bit longer! If he goes now.....I'll have nobody to laugh at!  Whistle

In one sense I agree with you. All those players he has been so offensive about, perhaps deserve a crack at him. I also don't think it will do him any harm to get a taste of humility.

Equally however there has to come a point where he starts to look so foolish and deluded that it ceases to be funny. I don't think we are that far away from that now. The decline seems to have happened very quickly. I don't think he will become another Leyton Hewitt, playing for the love of the game. Without the fawning acolytes I think he is going to struggle.

I won't miss him, I will however really miss Psuedo Fed.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #175 on: October 13, 2013, 04:45 PM »

In one sense I agree with you. All those players he has been so offensive about, perhaps deserve a crack at him. I also don't think it will do him any harm to get a taste of humility.

Equally however there has to come a point where he starts to look so foolish and deluded that it ceases to be funny. I don't think we are that far away from that now. The decline seems to have happened very quickly. I don't think he will become another Leyton Hewitt, playing for the love of the game. Without the fawning acolytes I think he is going to struggle.

I won't miss him, I will however really miss Psuedo Fed.

You really can't take it can you, the reality that is of the tennis world. I'm starting to think all this nonsense being made up of Roger being nothing but an embarrasment, as well as deluded and foolish is because some people here can't take it that Roger will always be better than Andy. You need to start watching real tennis instead of clinging onto just one player. 
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #176 on: October 13, 2013, 04:59 PM »

This year I think the biggest mistake Federer made was that seven week break after Indian Wells and then only playing two clay events before Roland Garros. The lack of match practice meant he lacked sharpness when he needed it the most. He's had back problems which might be a reason why his schedule was like this, but I think next year he'll have to play more if he wants to be competitive with the best players.

I think he's doing the right thing to play on - better to do this than to retire hastily and regret it afterwards. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a better 2014 than this year, especially in the slams (several R4s/QFs seems like a reasonable target for him). He'll probably play until he's out of the top 10  - I think that will be the cut-off point for him. Perhaps Wimbledon 2015 will be where he calls it a day.

The news about Paul Annacone came as a bit of a surprise, but Federer's never been one to stick with coaches for a long time. Annacone helped his game a lot, resulting in a really successful 2011/2012 (it's strange to think that just 12 months ago Federer was number 1 - shows how quickly things can change in tennis). It'll be interesting to see whether he looks for a new coach or stays with Severin Luthi instead. I've a feeling he'll probably not look for anyone else, not just yet anyway.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #177 on: October 13, 2013, 05:10 PM »

My thoughts exactly!

No, seriously, at one point I thought Fed's decline was quite funny. Then this strange thing happened to me where I almost felt sorry for him. I got over that quickly enough and now I think it's hilarious. What makes it all the more funny for me is that people within the game have now switched and are talking Nadal up as the greatest of all time. Fickle or what!

I would dearly love Fed to get to one more major final though. Just imagine, Fed and Andy at Wimbledon again, but with Andy winning. I can't see the match happening now, but it would be brilliant.

Had to smile when I read this morning that Fed has split with Paul Annacone. Something about rats and sinking ships sprang to mind.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #178 on: October 13, 2013, 05:16 PM »

I'm starting to think all this nonsense being made up of Roger being nothing but an embarrasment, as well as deluded and foolish is because some people here can't take it that Roger will always be better than Andy.

I know you're baiting, so I'll just say this. Who is winning their head to head, Andy or Federer, or does that count for nothing in your little mind?

Granted, Federer has won more majors and it's unlikely that Andy will equal that (I wouldn't rule him out of surpassing Djokovic's total though) but when since has the number of majors a player has won been the sole measure of how good they are?

Federer won't 'always be better than Andy'. Between the two of them now, over the last 12 months or so, it's been patently obvious that Andy has become the better player.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #179 on: October 13, 2013, 05:16 PM »

You really can't take it can you, the reality that is of the tennis world. I'm starting to think all this nonsense being made up of Roger being nothing but an embarrasment, as well as deluded and foolish is because some people here can't take it that Roger will always be better than Andy. You need to start watching real tennis instead of clinging onto just one player. 

And you, Gangsta, need to grow up and realise that other people are entitled to an opinion even if they don't agree with you.   It is now becoming very irritating that you seem to be conducting a one-boy campaign against Masaka.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »