Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Roger Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Roger Federer

(Read 11510 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #180 on: October 13, 2013, 05:17 PM »

I know you're baiting, so I'll just say this. Who is winning their head to head, Andy or Federer, or does that count for nothing in your little mind?

Granted, Federer has won more majors and it's unlikely that Andy will equal that (I wouldn't rule him out of surpassing Djokovic's total though) but when since has the number of majors a player has won been the sole measure of how good they are?

Federer won't 'always be better than Andy'. Between the two of them now, over the last 12 months or so, it's been patently obvious that Andy has become the better player.

My little mind? If mine is little, yours must be abnormally small, perhaps you should consult a doctor.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #181 on: October 13, 2013, 05:19 PM »

And you, Gangsta, need to grow up and realise that other people are entitled to an opinion even if they don't agree with you.   It is now becoming very irritating that you seem to be conducting a one-boy campaign against Masaka.

Two points...

They are no longer opinions, they are beginning to sound like rather bitter hate messages.

and two...

It's not a one boy campaign because I know a lot more people who don't agree with her pessimistic crap, they just won't come out and say it.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #182 on: October 13, 2013, 05:23 PM »

My little mind? If mine is little, yours must be abnormally small, perhaps you should consult a doctor.
Bit out of order Gangsta.  Maybe an apology would be appropriate.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #183 on: October 13, 2013, 05:24 PM »

Two points...

They are no longer opinions, they are beginning to sound like rather bitter hate messages.

and two...

It's not a one boy campaign because I know a lot more people who don't agree with her pessimistic crap, they just won't come out and say it.

Point One..

Whatever they sound like to you they are still opinions and seem to be shared by quite a number of others.

Point Two...

Until other people come out and disagree it is a one-boy campaign.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #184 on: October 13, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Bit out of order Gangsta.  Maybe an apology would be appropriate.

I apologise. Smile
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #185 on: October 13, 2013, 05:32 PM »

Point One..

Whatever they sound like to you they are still opinions and seem to be shared by quite a number of others.

Point Two...

Until other people come out and disagree it is a one-boy campaign.

Hey Iluvandy, actually I do have a few problems with Masaka's posts. It is very obvious Gangsta is referring to me. But as you stated in Point One, many people do share her opinion so it is wrong on my part to ask everyone to shut up. Gangsta finds it more irritating and disturbing I guess so he says it out loud.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #186 on: October 13, 2013, 05:33 PM »

May I also add that I don't want any of you to change your opinions. Just need to tone down on the 'guilty without charge' approach for the doping allegations, and the deluded, arrogant approach you give to Roger because its unfair on Roger, as is the doping allegations (without any sufficient evidence) and the nickname 'Kneedal' to Rafa.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #187 on: October 13, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Gangsta I think the point is we can all agree to disagree without hurling insults especially as it comes across worse online. And even if you feel someone isn't sticking to that, well, 2 wrongs don't make a right as they say. We are all tennis fans on here, we should be able to debate amicably.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #188 on: October 13, 2013, 05:48 PM »

Connor chill out man
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #189 on: October 13, 2013, 05:58 PM »

To come back to Roger's separation from his coach: It appears more like firing than like splitting in friendship after three successful years with a GS title (unfortunately against Andy) and the return to No1 (even though only for a few weeks). Obviously, he expects an immediate effect on his performance in the remaining tournaments. Why else could he not wait until the end of the season which would have felt more natural.
As 2013 was a disaster with not too many points to defend, I fear he might catch up next year.
With respect to the argument that some of us feel Schadenfreude when Fed loses and we are only envious as Andy has not won so many GS I would like to say that to my mind Fed has had enough victories in his career and does not need an 18th, 19th or 20th GS trophy. Wimbledon 2012 was definitely too much.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #190 on: October 13, 2013, 06:17 PM »

@Counter_puncher

It's not envy that makes me dislike Federer, it's his arrogance, and often most unattractive demeanour.

For Mr M to manage two Grand slams, the Gold and all the other trophies he has got, coming from a Nation that has not covered itself in glory tennis wise in recent years, carrying the emotional baggage of Dunblane, and his own knee problem, is awesome in its own right. I don't compare him with the others.  I look at what he has achieved within the context of his personal situation, and think how the heck has he managed to keep it together to pull all this off? Somebody ages ago described him as a "Flawed Genius", which I think describes him perfectly.

I think a lot of the agro Federer gets (particularly  on here), and the delight some people have on his decline, is a product of the less endearing personality traits he exhibits. Its not necessary. He is/was an amazing tennis player. We all know it. It hasn't been necessary for a long time for him to keep reminding everybody of the fact. It's perhaps why Pseudo Fed works so well.  Nobody really likes a know all, and that's how he comes across - to me at any rate.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #191 on: October 13, 2013, 06:56 PM »

Hey Iluvandy, actually I do have a few problems with Masaka's posts. It is very obvious Gangsta is referring to me. But as you stated in Point One, many people do share her opinion so it is wrong on my part to ask everyone to shut up. Gangsta finds it more irritating and disturbing I guess so he says it out loud.

Hi Sabine - I too have difficulty with too many posts on doping - I have suspicions but don't really voice them because I have no proof.    But Masaka's post was about Fed and was one of a number along similar lines, and Gangsta quoted her post rather than one of the others, which indicated that he was engaged in some kind of vendetta against Masaka.   
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #192 on: October 13, 2013, 07:34 PM »

Federer is a smug arrogant man and he is worse since his decline. He has been a great player but he is not anymore. It is his personality that grates with me, He is mean the way he talks about other players and that is why so many people dislike the man.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #193 on: October 13, 2013, 07:50 PM »

I used to be a Fed fan because of the beauty of his tennis.  But his increasing arrogance and smugness turned me off completely and unfortunately has made it harder to appreciate the tennis.  My dislike then increased as a result of how he treated Andy until very recently. 

I noticed a piece in yesterday's Independent by a journalist declaring themselves a great fan of his but begging him to quit the stage now. 
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #194 on: October 14, 2013, 06:24 AM »

Hi Sabine - I too have difficulty with too many posts on doping - I have suspicions but don't really voice them because I have no proof.    But Masaka's post was about Fed and was one of a number along similar lines, and Gangsta quoted her post rather than one of the others, which indicated that he was engaged in some kind of vendetta against Masaka.   

You know Iluvandy, I'm a huge fan of Rafa, he's my second favourite player after Andy. So whenever I read comments about him doping and all, it is disturbing and gets irritating the more often you read about it. And as everybody here knows, we are talking about it too often. It is natural for any Rafa fan to be offended by those comments. I try my best to ignore or not read that thread. Since Gangsta like Rafa too, I think that's why he opens up more and shows his dislike towards any post regarding it. And he respects the top 4, and didn't feel comfortable with the comments against Federer too. At least, that's what he told me. And about him choosing Masaka's comment to prove his point, I think that is something which you should ask Gangsta himself because I don't know why.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »