Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Roger Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25 Go Down Reply
Author

Roger Federer

(Read 12054 times)
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Roger Federer « on: January 13, 2013, 09:38 AM »

Now we finally  have a topic for the number one at this moment it's time to create an other one for our number 2 Smile .

The swot of Federer;

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2013-01-13/201301131358041427248.html

Murray’s constant improvement and Djokovic’s stranglehold over proceedings at Melbourne Park in the last few years will all force Federer to be wary coming in this year. Big hitters who find their form – such as del Potro, Berdych and Tsonga – also have the weapons and power to trouble the Swiss.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:49 PM »

RF Will take a break;

http://m.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/feb/24/roger-federer
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 07:40 PM »

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Roger-Federer-confirms-change-of-racket-articolo11456.html
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 03:27 PM »

Doesn't seem to have done him much good - judging by today's result. It's time he retired. Perhaps he could have a long break and come back to get his singles Gold at Rio. Ho, ho, ho.  The arrogant one is getting his comeuppance. It might just make him a better person. It will give him some idea of how his opponents have felt over the years...!!!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 03:28 PM »

He is an utter joke, if Murray meets him in Montreal it will be 6-3 6-2 or something like that.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 03:46 PM »

Have just watched Roger play and lose to the Argentinian.great game i like the way Frederico plays.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #6 on: July 20, 2013, 03:48 PM »

Have just watched Roger play and lose to the Argentinian.great game i like the way Frederico plays.

Same here. He went for his shots, didn't hesitate one bit.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 03:49 PM »

I suspect we will see more of this young man.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 04:12 PM »

Ha. Muger Declinerer.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 04:40 PM »

Does anyone know whether smugfed had signed up for these clay tournaments before he went out early at Wimbledon?  Feels like he's trying to do a Ferrer and make up points at small tournaments, which goes completely against his previous strategy. Good to read that he lost today and didn't get that many points anyway.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 05:00 PM »

Does anyone know whether smugfed had signed up for these clay tournaments before he went out early at Wimbledon?  Feels like he's trying to do a Ferrer and make up points at small tournaments, which goes completely against his previous strategy. Good to read that he lost today and didn't get that many points anyway.

No, it was after.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #11 on: July 20, 2013, 05:35 PM »

I think what is happening, and will happen more in the future is that he is losing his mystic. The journeymen players are realising that the omnipotent Federer is beatable, and after years of unpleasant arrogance they are going to give it all they have got. He has lost one of his major weapons, ie the aura of invincibility. Hasn't he dropped sets in all if his matches in this tournament? Brands and the guy yesterday should have beaten him. It's a delight to see because be has become so odious.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #12 on: July 20, 2013, 05:37 PM »

I think part of the reason he's playing these smaller events is to make up for the Olympics points he'll lose on 5 August (450 points). Gives him a chance to test the new racquet too.

Surprised he lost today, though Montreal/Cincy will be the real test of his form. I think alarm bells will be ringing for him if his form hasn't recovered by then.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #13 on: July 20, 2013, 05:37 PM »

Does anyone know whether smugfed had signed up for these clay tournaments before he went out early at Wimbledon?  Feels like he's trying to do a Ferrer and make up points at small tournaments, which goes completely against his previous strategy. Good to read that he lost today and didn't get that many points anyway.
He's also signed up for the Swiss Open in Gstaad next week.  I think the idea was to test out his new racquet - and maybe boost his confidence ahead of Montreal? Whistle

He was struggling with his back problem though when he played Mayer and wore a short-sleeved vest on top of his shirt because of the cold evening conditions.  According to reports his movement was sluggish in the 2nd and 3rd set and during the 3rd he was noticeably limping at times, so he probably didn't have sufficient time to recover before today's match.

Same here. He went for his shots, didn't hesitate one bit.

I haven't seen any of Delbonis's matches but he seems to have turned in a great performance throughout this tournament having already beaten Robredo, Tursunov and Verdasco.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Roger Federer « Reply #14 on: July 20, 2013, 06:37 PM »

I saw Delbonis win over Verdasco where he really played courageously, esp. on BP. Nevertheless, I thought that Fed would have a lucky draw. How wrong to underestimate players beyond the top 100.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 25 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »