Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Rogers Cup - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 Go Down Reply
Author

Rogers Cup - Other Players

(Read 5419 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #480 on: August 15, 2009, 02:37 PM »

I don't think DP would be higher than Murray, I think he's still a bit young so maybe he might get stagefright- or though having said that he has made some big wins

that's why I've only given him a 9.5. ......... i've seen him seize up for a moment or two, but he gets back on track again.  Another 6 months/12 at the most and he's going to be a tough as Roddick .....
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #481 on: August 15, 2009, 02:39 PM »

that's why I've only given him a 9.5. ......... i've seen him seize up for a moment or two, but he gets back on track again.  Another 6 months/12 at the most and he's going to be a tough as Roddick .....
Don't you think Murray is quite tough? How come only 8.5?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #482 on: August 15, 2009, 02:40 PM »

Don't you think Murray is quite tough? How come only 8.5?

I think he flinches more than he should.  I think the passive play we see now and again is the result of him backing off mentally.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #483 on: August 15, 2009, 02:42 PM »

I think he flinches more than he should.  I think the passive play we see now and again is the result of him backing off mentally.
Totally agree with that. 
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #484 on: August 15, 2009, 02:44 PM »

Maybe, but yesterday after Davydenko, he said that he was just trying to "change the pace of the ball" but I see where you're coming from- he needs something to fire him up, else he just lets whatever happen.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #485 on: August 15, 2009, 02:47 PM »

I'm not talking about when he changes the pace - that's a good thing if the circumstances dictate ..... I'm talking about when he mentally backs off ..... that's a different thing.
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #486 on: August 16, 2009, 09:48 AM »

Del-potro d Roddick  46-62-75

IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #487 on: August 16, 2009, 09:48 AM »

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #488 on: August 16, 2009, 11:34 AM »

I just watched my recording of the Roddick/del Potro match ....... good stuff and my cutie pie with the smouldering eyes WON !!  Poor Roddick .... so very hard for him.  I wonder if Roddick told del Potro in the locker room .......... "don't you dare hug me again" - I noticed that was missing today <giggle>
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #489 on: August 16, 2009, 11:41 AM »

I just watched my recording of the Roddick/del Potro match ....... good stuff and my cutie pie with the smouldering eyes WON !!  Poor Roddick .... so very hard for him.  I wonder if Roddick told del Potro in the locker room .......... "don't you dare hug me again" - I noticed that was missing today <giggle>

So did I Daisy. Great match and del P is playing on top form. Think he could win today.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #490 on: August 16, 2009, 11:46 AM »

So did I Daisy. Great match and del P is playing on top form. Think he could win today.

I agree about the winning ....(just posted that in the match thread) ........ I've been watching del Potro for a while now and am so enjoying his form.  ARod is also one of my favourites and am so sorry he just can't quite pull it out in the clutch times ...... having said that, getting to the semis and the finals in these tournaments is a great achievement, but it'll never be good enough for Roddick.

So, are we getting out the booze again tonight Jan .......... we're going to turn into a couple of lushes if we keep this up ........... <giggle> ... not only that, my charity Dr Who scarf goes a mile a minute in these tense matches ...... lol

IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #491 on: August 16, 2009, 12:55 PM »

I agree about the winning ....(just posted that in the match thread) ........ I've been watching del Potro for a while now and am so enjoying his form.  ARod is also one of my favourites and am so sorry he just can't quite pull it out in the clutch times ...... having said that, getting to the semis and the finals in these tournaments is a great achievement, but it'll never be good enough for Roddick.

So, are we getting out the booze again tonight Jan .......... we're going to turn into a couple of lushes if we keep this up ........... <giggle> ... not only that, my charity Dr Who scarf goes a mile a minute in these tense matches ...... lol 

Having said that Daisy they still say Andy hasn't reached his peak yet - how long does it take? I'd so love to be wrong about this.
 I always have a G & T while I'm getting dinner - sometimes two - the cherry brandy I save for special occasions - if Andy wins then I'll go for it.  What can I get you, ma'am? I have Gin, whisky, cherry brandy, beer, wine - white or red.......? We're not really boozers just like to have some there if we fancy it.  Your diligence in knitting scarves is commendable. I just watch Andy's matches and post on here. Others I might do some computer housework, something where I don't need to concentrate too hard.
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #492 on: August 16, 2009, 01:20 PM »

Excellent match ! they just showed it this morning .....
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #493 on: August 16, 2009, 01:22 PM »

Having said that Daisy they still say Andy hasn't reached his peak yet - how long does it take? I'd so love to be wrong about this.
 I always have a G & T while I'm getting dinner - sometimes two - the cherry brandy I save for special occasions - if Andy wins then I'll go for it.  What can I get you, ma'am? I have Gin, whisky, cherry brandy, beer, wine - white or red.......? We're not really boozers just like to have some there if we fancy it.  Your diligence in knitting scarves is commendable. I just watch Andy's matches and post on here. Others I might do some computer housework, something where I don't need to concentrate too hard.

Can i join u guys ? I 'll have  pink champagne ....
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Rogers Cup - Other Players « Reply #494 on: August 16, 2009, 01:34 PM »

Can i join u guys ? I 'll have  pink champagne ....
More the merrier - come on in - but as for the champagne..... very nice if you can get it! Little tongue man  Party will be delayed while we go and collect litter from the Common - just one of the tasks we do as Voluntary Wardens for the National Park, could do with some fresh air - see you later!!
[ Last edit by janscribe August 16, 2009, 01:41 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »