Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Roland Garros 2012 - the other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 Go Down Reply
Author

Roland Garros 2012 - the other players

(Read 8199 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #735 on: June 10, 2012, 07:01 PM »

Play suspended until 1:00pm Paris time tomorrow.
Official.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #736 on: June 10, 2012, 07:01 PM »

When Nole lost serve in the second set before the rain delay he smashed his racquet into his bench and put a hole into the Perrier ad board.
Now if Andy had done that ... Whistle

OK guys - Inverdale just said play over for the day, and the forecast for tomorrow is rain, so ... Shrug
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #737 on: June 10, 2012, 07:01 PM »

Good still won't Nadal to win.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #738 on: June 10, 2012, 07:02 PM »

Good still won't Nadal to win.
Deb... "won't" or "want" ??
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #739 on: June 10, 2012, 07:03 PM »

Now if Andy had done that ... Whistle

OK guys - Inverdale just said play over for the day, and the forecast for tomorrow is rain, so ... Shrug
Just what I said to my sister Aileen, !!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #740 on: June 10, 2012, 07:04 PM »

If Nole can get a win over Nadal here, it will be highly confidence damaging for Nadal which will bring good luck to Murray, but let's see what we have in the stars.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #741 on: June 10, 2012, 07:05 PM »

Nadal's a completely different player though. Murray and Djokovic are much more similar, and both are very capable of breaking their opponent's serve. That's why their own serve is so important, and when that's firing the rest of their game normally follows. When they're struggling to hold on to their own serve confidence can sometimes dip and more errors seem to creep in.

Yep. That's exactly right. thumb up
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #742 on: June 10, 2012, 07:06 PM »

:
Deb... "won't" or "want" ??
Sorry want, haven't got glasses on !!  poster_oops
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #743 on: June 10, 2012, 07:08 PM »

: Sorry want, haven't got glasses on !!  poster_oops

HaHa!....  Freudian slip, perhaps.  Wink
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #744 on: June 10, 2012, 07:19 PM »

Nadal really ticked off about the conditions. Wants to stop playing (the conditions are the same for both of them) Maybe he feels Nole is in a fight back. He has come out fighting in the fourth set. Do not really care who wins but Nadal not happy because Nole is in with a fighting chance.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #745 on: June 10, 2012, 07:22 PM »

I find myself rooting for Sharapova. Not even sure why, maybe just because of her legs. Maybe it's the chance of a career slam. Dunno. But I'd love to see her win this.

Would like to see Wozniacki win a slam one day as well.

You know, I haven't found a guy who supports women's tennis for their tennis. It's always the legs, or the eyes or the butts or the boobs and if nothing else, then it's definitely the nails. So typical. lol
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #746 on: June 10, 2012, 07:30 PM »

I gather Nadal was complaining earlier about the balls being too wet.
Yes, he was Aileen. When he was given a ball to serve (in the last game played) he wasn't happy with it and threw it in frustration due to its condition and gave the court referee a dagger-look.
When the court referee came onto court at the end of that game (and he'd been hovering about under the eaves for quite some time) Rafa told him they'd already been playing under these conditions for the past hour.  He was well pissed, and I don't blame him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #747 on: June 10, 2012, 07:35 PM »

^^ Yes, but Nole was playing with them as well, so both players had the same disadvantage.

Nadal really ticked off about the conditions. Wants to stop playing (the conditions are the same for both of them) Maybe he feels Nole is in a fight back. He has come out fighting in the fourth set. Do not really care who wins but Nadal not happy because Nole is in with a fighting chance.
Let's hope Nadal is still ticked off with the conditions if they do play tomorrow.  If he's unsettled Nole could get to him and at 2-1 he has a chance.

Time the FO and the USO got a roof anyway, although I believe one could be installed at RG eventually under their improvement plans.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #748 on: June 10, 2012, 07:40 PM »

HaHa!....  Freudian slip, perhaps.  Wink
. Haha maybe !!  yes
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #749 on: June 10, 2012, 07:44 PM »

^^ Yes, but Nole was playing with them as well, so both players had the same disadvantage.

I shall keep this quote for the next Andy Murray match, my friend. lol
(And I know you know I'm messin' with you with a smile on my face..)
Anyhoo.. gotta go. ttul and hopefully tune in tomorrow if match goes ahead.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »