Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Roland Garros 2012 - the other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 Go Down Reply
Author

Roland Garros 2012 - the other players

(Read 8654 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #750 on: June 10, 2012, 08:44 PM »

I shall keep this quote for the next Andy Murray match, my friend. lol
(And I know you know I'm messin' with you with a smile on my face..)
I asked for that one ... lmao
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #751 on: June 10, 2012, 10:04 PM »

I think its better if Novak wins...

1. Nadal will be absolutely gutted deflated
2. Nole will be really content, but emotinally drained

I mean still both heavy favorites above Murray or Federer for Wimbledon, but I think it will make things more of an even playing field... I feel if Nadal wins RG after all the adversity of the final and the mental battle with Nole he'll be a monster at Wimbledon and will probably win it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #752 on: June 10, 2012, 10:24 PM »

Nole should approach the match as if it's the Masters final and if he wins the first two sets, he wins the match. And that break in the 4th should feel as if he's already leading the match with a break.

If Nole wins the 4th set, then it will be a very difficult match for Nadal to win it. Nole is perfectly capable of doing the unthinkable but he must win 4th set first. His main motivation this year is RG and now he's very close and he can smell blood, so I say it's Nadal who's in real trouble.

I am sure Uncle Toni had a lot to say to Nadal tonight but Nole is his own man.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #753 on: June 10, 2012, 11:42 PM »

Stating the obvious, I know, but the set was still in the early stages, so the players don't have to resume at, say, 4-4.

I'm hoping Djoko takes the psychological advantage offered by being a break up and the fact that Nadal may well still be unsettled if court conditions are not to his liking and there are further rain interruptions - which, with a 70% chance of showers, seems quite likely.  Unfortunately the forecast is the same for Tuesday. 

However the weather could also work in Nadal's favour, if Uncle Toni can calm him down sufficiently, and he comes on court with a brute determination to finish the match as quickly as possible even if it means playing high-risk tennis.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #754 on: June 11, 2012, 01:37 AM »

From what I've read, Nole seemed to have started off slowly against Nadal, as he did vs Tsonga. 

Should be interesting to see the result - still want Nadal to win yes
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #755 on: June 11, 2012, 01:57 AM »

From what I've read, Nole seemed to have started off slowly against Nadal, as he did vs Tsonga. 

Nole started off very poorly he did not look one bit happy and then he suddenly came alive.His poor mumand dad were going crazy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #756 on: June 11, 2012, 02:05 AM »

I know this is speculation, and everyone reacts differently to these events, but I think Djoko could still be suffering the effects of his beloved grandfather's death, something which could still be draining him emotionally.  Anyway I hope Nole gets the better of Nadal.  I'm going off him more and more these days.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #757 on: June 11, 2012, 11:26 AM »

BBC World just interviewing someone live in Paris and clear blue skies ATM.

I don't think I could put up with Nole's celebrations, should he win.  Got to see the sign smashing antics tonight on tv. blink
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #758 on: June 11, 2012, 12:00 PM »

What do you think the British commies take on it would have been if it had been Andy smashing racquets and advertising boards and constantly talking to his box?  Did anyone hear them berating Djoko??
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #759 on: June 11, 2012, 12:09 PM »

Alis.. I missed the Nole incident, but Katie saw it and I asked her if he was booed like Andy would have been. (I also don't get Brit commies.. I get Johnny Mac). Here's what she said:
Yeah he was - the crowd weren't too happy! Got a warning from the umpire too, and a new bench after the rain delay.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #760 on: June 11, 2012, 12:14 PM »

Me to Bev come on Nadal. Djoko will be un bearable if if wins!!!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #761 on: June 11, 2012, 12:15 PM »

What do you think the British commies take on it would have been if it had been Andy smashing racquets and advertising boards and constantly talking to his box?  Did anyone hear them berating Djoko??
Exactly Alis, unbelievable behaviour !!! For the number 1 .
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #762 on: June 11, 2012, 12:19 PM »

Rafa breaks Nole's opening game. 2-2 Nadal on serve.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #763 on: June 11, 2012, 12:24 PM »

Nadal has came onto court with fire in his belly, whilst Nole's legs look heavy. Can't see Rafa losing this now.
Nadal leads 3-2
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Roland Garros 2012 - the other players « Reply #764 on: June 11, 2012, 12:33 PM »

Rafa leads 4-3.. Nole to serve.
Can't see him managing to pull another rabbit out of the hat.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »