Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  send in picture of your local tennis club/court 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

send in picture of your local tennis club/court

(Read 1590 times)
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: send in picture of your local tennis club/court « Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 10:03 AM »

My club has 3 indoor and 12 outdoor courts with 8 of them being grass courts so only available in the summer.

Had a wander down to Wimbledon Park on Saturday. The courts there look great - grass and hard. Also had a look through the gates of Queen's club and it seems that the plebs are allowed in there to play. They have clay courts there too. Wonder how much it costs? Might be moving down to London after the summer so I'd be interested in the playing at either of them... Think
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: send in picture of your local tennis club/court « Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 11:02 AM »

Queens Club is invite only, you need to know someone who's in there and then the club needs to accept your application. I think it's quite a bit more expensive than your typical club but that's to be expected.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: send in picture of your local tennis club/court « Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 11:06 AM »

Queens Club is invite only, you need to know someone who's in there and then the club needs to accept your application. I think it's quite a bit more expensive than your typical club but that's to be expected.

Thinking of Queen's reminded me of the tournament and I just got myself a ticket to the 3rd round day on Centre Court! cmon yeah

The whole Queen's complex has a security gate so doesn't surprise me to hear that it's invite only - shame. no

Wimbledon Park looked a lot more accessible, though the hard courts were separated from the grass courts by a big hedge and so I guess the grass is a private club. In fact, from the look of them, they might be the practice courts during the Big W Think
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: send in picture of your local tennis club/court « Reply #33 on: April 20, 2009, 12:28 PM »

The practice courts at Wimbledon are in the AELTC grounds, not Wimbledon Park Tennis Club.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: send in picture of your local tennis club/court « Reply #34 on: April 20, 2009, 12:34 PM »

The practice courts at Wimbledon are in the AELTC grounds, not Wimbledon Park Tennis Club.

Aha, they were a little far from the Wimbledon complex I guess. They just looked a bit similar to the practice courts you see on TV - sunk below the outside paths, hedges surrounding them, etc.
IP Logged
colmc77

Re: send in picture of your local tennis club/court « Reply #35 on: April 20, 2009, 09:50 PM »

thanks people but please if your on this chat you should post some pics thanks
plus if you dont have a pic take a pic tommrow then post em on here
thanks again!!!!!***
IP Logged
colmc77

Re: send in picture of your local tennis club/court « Reply #36 on: April 20, 2009, 09:58 PM »

http://www.southwestgreens.com/images/head/tennis-courts.jpg
one of the outdoor courts
http://www.citypa.ca/Portals/0/PDF/CommunityServices/Images/Crescent%20Acres%20Community%20Club/Crescent%20Acres%20Tennis%20Courts.png
theres a pic of the courts at my school
http://www.scprfoundation.org/site-images/pictures/Lake%20Map%20Photos/tennis%20courts.jpg
and this place is just outside my town its tennis heavan
and people these are different links because the courts in my town are famous in the locatoin in which i live
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: send in picture of your local tennis club/court « Reply #37 on: April 20, 2009, 10:58 PM »

thanks people but please if your on this chat you should post some pics thanks
plus if you dont have a pic take a pic tommrow then post em on here
thanks again!!!!!***
How on earth can you expect people to listen when you are completely ignoring them? Especially me!
IP Logged
Seany-Bhoy
Challenger Level

Re: send in picture of your local tennis club/court « Reply #38 on: April 21, 2009, 12:46 AM »

Colmc77 is a fud!!
thanks
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: send in picture of your local tennis club/court « Reply #39 on: April 21, 2009, 06:48 AM »

http://cocklebaytennis.co.nz/home_page.asp

Only a small picture on the front page though.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: send in picture of your local tennis club/court « Reply #40 on: April 21, 2009, 09:46 AM »

Why have people suddenly forgotten how to use [ img ] tags? lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »