Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players

(Read 2797 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #90 on: October 11, 2012, 03:07 PM »

IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #91 on: October 11, 2012, 03:07 PM »

Embarrassing... Oh well.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #92 on: October 11, 2012, 03:08 PM »

How much must that hurt? Gotta feel for the guy.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #93 on: October 11, 2012, 03:08 PM »

300 weeks at number one for Fed! Nice Bagel...
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #94 on: October 11, 2012, 04:07 PM »

11pm in Shanghai and Tommy Haas has just dismissed Tipsy 6-2 6-1 and Cilic has just started his doubles match
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #95 on: October 11, 2012, 04:08 PM »

Who's Cillic playing doubles with?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #96 on: October 11, 2012, 04:15 PM »

Cilic does have what it takes to beat a top player and I feel the scenario is perfect for him right here.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #97 on: October 11, 2012, 04:27 PM »

Tipsy trying to out tank Tomic.    Oh.

I see Wawa, felt sorry for the wounded Fed today.  Aw that's cute.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #98 on: October 11, 2012, 04:55 PM »

Hi All,

I feel sorry for Stan, but the writing was on the wall when he lost the tie-break. A bagel in the third though, that has to hurt.

To me this one was rather like Cilic's collapse against Andy at the USO. In that match, as we know, Andy upped his level at a set and 5-1 down and Cilic couldn't live with it, and went away mentally. Stan lost the tie-break today and stopped believing, or at least that was how it looked to me.

The thing about it is that it probably makes it harder the next time they meet too. What I mean is, Stan will know, as I'm sure Cilic did against Andy, that he played somewhere near, or at his best and he still lost. Next time he is surely going to wonder how the hell he is ever going to be able to win, which won't help him.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #99 on: October 11, 2012, 05:02 PM »

Someone wrote on another forum that Stan tanked... I don't know; would he do that? I just saw scores.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #100 on: October 11, 2012, 05:17 PM »

Someone wrote on another forum that Stan tanked... I don't know; would he do that? I just saw scores.

I don't think so. Fed has come back many times in the past and some on very big occasions. Stan has no reason to tank.

Fed just had a slow start and Stan was very much into the 1st set. Considering everything, he did pretty good to take the 1st set and get the break back in the 2nd. He should have tried his best in the TB and won it. He couldn't just afford to push things to final set against a player like Federer. He should know better. 
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #101 on: October 11, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Nah - he just lost all his momentum and belief after the tiebreak.  Missed an easy winner at 3-3 in the tiebreak and 'that was that'.  Like him or loathe him, Federer is so so good at 'turning the screw'.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #102 on: October 12, 2012, 07:07 AM »

Stan's first serve stats were awful 40% at one point. Also, he just couldn't seem to get the ball away from Fed's forehand.
Considering this he played well for two sets.
Come on Marin yay yay yay Love him anyway wub
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #103 on: October 12, 2012, 12:00 PM »

As much Haas was a dick with his comments directed towards Andy, Tommy looks better all in white with the sun showing his body through the kit Little tongue man

Anyone speak fluent German-he's berating himself ATM. Comms not batting a lip. Obviously don't speak the lingo.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 - the other players « Reply #104 on: October 12, 2012, 12:02 PM »

Anyone speak fluent German-he's berating himself ATM. Comms not batting a lip. Obviously don't speak the lingo.

Was waiting for a comment about that from the comms, but nothing.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »