Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Sliding on a hard court, do you do it? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Sliding on a hard court, do you do it?

(Read 459 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Sliding on a hard court, do you do it? « on: February 02, 2013, 08:52 PM »

I wanted to see if anyone else did it, or if it was just me. I know its not wise to do, because its very easy to injure yourself but I've been sliding on the hard courts for 6-7 months now and haven't even hurt my ankle, though they do ache sometimes after doing so. I can only slide from side to side not forwards and backwards though.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray February 09, 2013, 08:31 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Sliding on a hart court, do you do it? « Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 09:48 PM »

I wanted to see if anyone else did it, or if it was just me. I know its not wise to do, because its very easy to injure yourself but I've been sliding on the hard courts for 6-7 months now and haven't even hurt my ankle, though they do ache sometimes after doing so. I can only slide from side to side not forwards and backwards though.
If your ankles ache then they're trying to tell you something!  I hate to think what Djokovic's ankles are going to be like in a few years' time, if they survive that long.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Sliding on a hart court, do you do it? « Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 11:00 PM »

If your ankles ache then they're trying to tell you something!  I hate to think what Djokovic's ankles are going to be like in a few years' time, if they survive that long.

They ache because when you slide all your weight goes to your feet in order to grind through the surface.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Sliding on a hart court, do you do it? « Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 11:21 PM »

They ache because when you slide all your weight goes to your feet in order to grind through the surface.
Having played a lot on clay, I know that - but then the very nature of clay makes sliding necessary, and easy once you learn how to do it properly, so your ankles don't ache. Hard was never designed for sliding on - and the fact that you used the word 'grind' speaks for itself, so it stands to reason that if your ankles ache then that means that undue stress is being put on them, and that could cause damage.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Sliding on a hart court, do you do it? « Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 02:59 PM »

Maybe it's the shoes you're playing in? If you can do it without your ankles aching go for it, but if not I'd advise only to slide on Clay.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Sliding on a hart court, do you do it? « Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 07:09 PM »

Maybe it's the shoes you're playing in? If you can do it without your ankles aching go for it, but if not I'd advise only to slide on Clay.
I wonder if Djoko has specially designed shoes?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Sliding on a hart court, do you do it? « Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Dont ya mean sliding on a HARD court? Lol Smile
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Sliding on a hard court, do you do it? « Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 08:31 PM »

Dont ya mean sliding on a HARD court? Lol Smile

ANGIE! Don't point out my faults Frown
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Sliding on a hard court, do you do it? « Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 08:39 PM »

Far be it from me to bring down a guy who has BEAT a grand slam champion.....  Whistle
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Sliding on a hard court, do you do it? « Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 10:47 PM »

I wonder if Djoko has specially designed shoes?
I'm pretty sure he does. They mentioned it at the USO where he slipped a few times - looks like he has less grip on them to allow him to slide, and presumably more ankle support.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Sliding on a hard court, do you do it? « Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 07:41 AM »

I'm pretty sure he does. They mentioned it at the USO where he slipped a few times - looks like he has less grip on them to allow him to slide, and presumably more ankle support.

Why dont they give Andy such shoes then? Even Nole wears adidas right, or that sergio tacchini?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Sliding on a hard court, do you do it? « Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 01:22 PM »

Why dont they give Andy such shoes then? Even Nole wears adidas right, or that sergio tacchini?
Personal preference. And Andy hates sliding, remember?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Sliding on a hard court, do you do it? « Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 01:31 PM »

And Andy hates sliding, remember?

Oh yeah, forgot about that Wink
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Sliding on a hard court, do you do it? « Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 11:00 PM »

Only crazy people slide on hard surface. And we all know Nole is crazy.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »