Andy Murray vs Santiago Giraldo, Sunday, 4:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Soderling possible retirement
Pages: [1] 2 Reply

Soderling possible retirement

Looks like Robin Soderling is still struggling with the glandular fever that he got last year. He has done an interview with Swedish press saying he still can't train properly due to exhaustion and that this illness could be career ending. Very sad.

http://network.yardbarker.com/tennis/article_external/robin_soderling_has_found_peace_but_his_return_to_tennis_is_in_doubt/10001773?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I must admit I didn't realise that glandular fever could last this long or have this kind of effect on the body. I never really liked Robin as a player much but I feel really sorry for him.
IP Logged

Ancic had to retire due to recurring glandular fever as well...
IP Logged

Such a shame.  He isn't my favourite player either but I hate to see anyone go out like this - especially when he was probably playing his best tennis.
IP Logged

I feel so sorry for him, it's such bad luck for glandular fever to strike just when he was at the peak of his career.
IP Logged

Not a fan but wouldnt wish it on anyone. Such a shame.
IP Logged

A real pity
IP Logged

Don't like Sodderling, but would not wish this on anyone. It's a shame, I don't think he will be the same player anymore.
IP Logged

Same here don't like him very much but it a shame his career has to end this way.
IP Logged

Not my favourite player on the Tour by any stretch but I really hope he can fight back from this. Must be so frustrating as an athlete being physically fit in terms of muscles and conditioning, but being hampered by illness.
IP Logged

Not a fan of Soderling but this is a real shame.  My brother had the same illness and it was a full 18 months before he felt better.
IP Logged

Just going to echo everyone else and say that, although I'm not a fan of the Sod, it's always good to have some pantomime villains to boo and hiss at during tournaments.  He was on the verge of giving the top four a run for their money before getting sick and there aren't many around at the moment who can say that.
IP Logged

Yep, sods law.
IP Logged

Boom boom!
IP Logged

Shrug I was serious.
IP Logged

Ok, but at the same time it was a good gag.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Reply