Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 49 Go Down Reply
Author

London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players

(Read 7701 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #105 on: August 01, 2012, 01:48 PM »

I was wondering why the score seemed to be stuck in the Federer match! Bit surprised at the score tbh - 5 games all in the first set and Istomin up 30-15 on Fed's serve. Glad he's getting to experience what a rain delay is like though, doesn't happen often for him!
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #106 on: August 01, 2012, 02:44 PM »

Hewitt takes the first set. #interesting
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #107 on: August 01, 2012, 02:46 PM »

Lets go Leyton lets go!! yay

Major Hewitt fan and it would be epic (and beneficial for Andy) if he did what most would have deemed impossible and put Djokovic out Very Happy
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #108 on: August 01, 2012, 02:47 PM »

Lets go Leyton lets go!! yay

Major Hewitt fan and it would be epic (and beneficial for Andy) if he did what most would have deemed impossible and put Djokovic out Very Happy

I've always liked Lleyton - would love him to win today. I really admire how he's kept going with his career after so many injuries. He must really love tennis. Smile
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #109 on: August 01, 2012, 02:53 PM »

I've always liked Lleyton - would love him to win today. I really admire how he's kept going with his career after so many injuries. He must really love tennis. Smile

My first tennis crush blush I love the man yes such a lovely guy, devoted to his family, his country and his sport- and as you say has kept going despite so many injuries and so many people thinking he should retire, but why should he is he enjoys it and is qualifying for tournaments?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #110 on: August 01, 2012, 02:54 PM »

Djokovic lost the first set in his opener as well, then came back to win 2&2. I can't see Hewitt winning. Djokovic seems to be becoming famous for this these days - going a set (or two, in the Slams) down, saving the odd MP, coming back to win then really raising his game against the top guys, although he didn't against Nadal or Federer in his last two big GS matches so who knows.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #111 on: August 01, 2012, 02:59 PM »

Djokovic lost the first set in his opener as well, then came back to win 2&2. I can't see Hewitt winning. Djokovic seems to be becoming famous for this these days - going a set (or two, in the Slams) down, saving the odd MP, coming back to win then really raising his game against the top guys, although he didn't against Nadal or Federer in his last two big GS matches so who knows.

Shh you  naughty don't ruin my dream- anyway that would make Andy's potential route to the final much easier if not facing Nole more chance of at least silver
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #112 on: August 01, 2012, 02:59 PM »

I didn't like Hewitt, but it changed in the last few years. Seems ok now. As for the match, djokovic is still the favorite , but Hewitt is hanging in and is playing well, what's more important.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #113 on: August 01, 2012, 03:03 PM »

Watched some of the 1st set of smugfed's match and he was v lucky he was playing someone relatively inexperienced as Istomin deserved to win that set.  Smugfed was playing rubbish at times.   Yet after the match the comms were going on about how wonderfully he'd played  . Perhaps he did in 2nd set but certainly not the 1st.   They are so uncritical of smugfed.  doh
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #114 on: August 01, 2012, 03:08 PM »

Shh you  naughty don't ruin my dream- anyway that would make Andy's potential route to the final much easier if not facing Nole more chance of at least silver
lol I'm rooting for Hewitt but just can't see past Djokovic winning.

What was the score when it was rained off?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #115 on: August 01, 2012, 03:13 PM »

Damn it Nole breaks Frown

It was rained off 1-0/2-0? 40-30 to Hewitt on his service game
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #116 on: August 01, 2012, 03:15 PM »

Hashtag used outside Twitter?

ban
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #117 on: August 01, 2012, 03:15 PM »

Ah.

The olympic tennis app is bag of piss. Still showing 5-4, 40-0 to Hewitt. Also showing Federer 7-5, 4-1 up. Not sure how up-to-date these scores are (well, obviously the Hewitt/Djoko one is well behind).
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #118 on: August 01, 2012, 03:16 PM »

Hashtag used outside Twitter?

ban
#outrageous
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #119 on: August 01, 2012, 03:17 PM »

HEWITT BREAKS BACK yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 49 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »