Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 49 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players  (Read 6640 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #90 on: July 31, 2012, 06:50 PM »

And Tsonga wins 25-23. I think the 3rd set took over 3 hours.
Congrats to Jo.. sorry for Milos. He saved 3 MP's in all.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #91 on: July 31, 2012, 06:55 PM »

Longest match in Olympic tennis history. In matches like this, it's a shame that someone has to lose - Milos especially did so well as he was serving to stay in the match so many times. Pleased for Jo though, he had quite a few chances in that set that he didn't take. I think both of them need to work on their return game though!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #92 on: July 31, 2012, 07:08 PM »

Yep, sad when someone has to lose a match like that. But that's the way it goes.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #93 on: July 31, 2012, 07:33 PM »

Little minx had better not start flirting with Andy again like she did in the Hopman Cup - not that Andy seemed to mind, but Kim might be watching ... Very Happy

Longest match in Olympic tennis history. In matches like this, it's a shame that someone has to lose - Milos especially did so well as he was serving to stay in the match so many times. Pleased for Jo though, he had quite a few chances in that set that he didn't take. I think both of them need to work on their return game though!
Missed that match.  Feel sorry for Milos though.  Must be really tough to lose like that.  Still, Milos's time might come in 2016 when he's had more experience and improved his game.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #94 on: July 31, 2012, 10:35 PM »

I bet nole enjoyed that humdinger of a match.  Effectively removed the main obstacle in his path to sfs.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #95 on: August 01, 2012, 04:25 AM »

Fed plays Istomin (on ct 1) and plays in the doubles as well today.

Djoko plays Hewitt - that could be an interesting match.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #96 on: August 01, 2012, 06:59 AM »

Hewitt is not the man he was and Nole is twice the man he was. Rather feel this'll be a rout.
IP Logged
Ivelina

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #97 on: August 01, 2012, 07:51 AM »

I'm already looking forward to Djoko-Tsonga.I've always had a sweet spot for the French guy with the radiant sunny smile. wub
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #98 on: August 01, 2012, 09:23 AM »

I like this journalist's live tweets of the third set of the Tsonga/Raonic match- he starts off very positive but becomes more and more disillusioned as the match progresses!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #99 on: August 01, 2012, 10:14 AM »

Well I too got impatient because Tsonga had loads of chances but just couldn't finish it off. He didn't seem to twig, or lacks the game to implement, that Raonic just cannot move forwards, when he is lured to the net all right on his terms,and execute a shot. I didn't think it was a gr8 match at all. Serving contests are a bore for me.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #100 on: August 01, 2012, 11:16 AM »

I kept thinking during the match how if Andy or Nole were playing it would've been over so much sooner. Tsonga and Raonic, great as they are at serving, just don't have an effective return game.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #101 on: August 01, 2012, 12:43 PM »

Federer held by rain delay Whistle is it wrong to be a bit smug that he's having to face that instead of being on CC?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #102 on: August 01, 2012, 12:55 PM »

^I will be discussing this with Mr. Wimbledon later. #confused
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #103 on: August 01, 2012, 01:33 PM »

Federer held by rain delay Whistle is it wrong to be a bit smug that he's having to face that instead of being on CC?

No, I would say it isn't wrong, never, ever.

About time Smugfed had to deal with the same things others have to cope with.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #104 on: August 01, 2012, 01:40 PM »

The curse of CC roof strikes again.
They had it closed for Serena's match.. then opened it for Leyton/Nole.
2 games in and it's p*ssing rain again.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 49 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »