Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 49 Go Down Reply
Author

London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players

(Read 8346 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Andy and Jamie on now, warming up.  It is channel 469 on Sky.

I can't find a livestream for it anywhere doh  The bbc are showing Fed's match Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 04:50 PM »

I can't find a livestream for it anywhere doh  The bbc are showing Fed's match Rolling Eyes
Yes, but where?   I don't think my red button is working properly.

And NZ women beaten 1-0 by Brazil.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 04:53 PM »

Bev, watch the stream here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video/p00w2rtr after using and installing http://www.hotspotshield.com/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 04:59 PM »

Yes found the BBC livestream myself.  Guess I'm just going to have to go with livestreams unless I can get the red button to work.

Fed still having problems ...but has just gone 5-3 up.  Mirka looking very uncomfortable.

And Fed finally takes the match.  Falla played brilliantly though.  So much for Fed's 'easy' draw! 

[ Last edit by Aileen July 28, 2012, 05:04 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 05:11 PM »

Fed will play Benneteau next (beat Youzhny 7-5, 6-3)
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 06:32 PM »

Murray gets broken serving for the match, goes on to win - choker, bottler, got lucky, etc.
Federer gets broken serving for the match, squanders MPs, loses set then comes back to win - great comeback, brilliant mentality, king.

Rolling Eyes

Anyway, interesting little choke from Federer.

Anne doing well against Wozniacki!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 06:33 PM »

Fed will play Benneteau next (beat Youzhny 7-5, 6-3)
Thank god for that, don't think I could stand another friendly against Youzhny.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 06:34 PM »

Yes found the BBC livestream myself.  Guess I'm just going to have to go with livestreams unless I can get the red button to work.

Fed still having problems ...but has just gone 5-3 up.  Mirka looking very uncomfortable.

And Fed finally takes the match.  Falla played brilliantly though.  So much for Fed's 'easy' draw! 

It is an easy draw. Just like his Roland Garros draw was a walk in the park. Federer is just really struggling at times against these lower ranked guys.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 07:00 PM »

World number one Roger Federer after his first round victory over Colombia's Alejandro Falla: "I don't solely play for myself. When I play I do play for Switzerland and I do try to be a good ambassador, as I travel for eight months of the year, but it is different having the Swiss cross on your jersey and you do feel the pressure. It's not something that we're used to, everybody talking about it on the street in Switzerland. It only comes every four years so it's unusual and I feel that too. It's a huge deal [to win gold], it would be a massive highlight of my life."
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 07:29 PM »

TENNIS - Defeat for Britain's Anne Keothavong

The former British number one outplayed Denmark's Caroline Wozniacki in the first set but eventually succumbed to a 4-6 6-3 6-2 first-round defeat by the world number eight.

bigarmhug For Jamie and Anne.  Andy's got another crack at it tomorrow.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 07:51 PM »

Robson & Watson appear to have another break of serve in the 2nd set cmon GB

Hutchins and Fleming are a set down it their match.  hug
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 08:04 PM »

What is it with our Doubles teams and chucking away leads?

Jamie and Andy a set up and twice a break up in the 3rd.

Colin and Ross a break up in the 2nd, having been broken from a leading position at 5-6 in the 1st. On serve.

Laura and Heather a set and a break up, now back on serve.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 08:08 PM »

I don't know!  My head hurts thinking about it.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 08:24 PM »

Jeez, looks like Ross and Colin are about be kicked to touch too. doh
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 08:48 PM »

Robson & Watson out too.  no hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 49 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »