Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 49 Go Down Reply
Author

London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players

(Read 7863 times)
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #30 on: July 28, 2012, 08:51 PM »

I loved how Ian Thorpe disagreed with everything Gary Lineker said.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #31 on: July 29, 2012, 01:17 AM »

World number one Roger Federer after his first round victory over Colombia's Alejandro Falla: "I don't solely play for myself. When I play I do play for Switzerland and I do try to be a good ambassador, as I travel for eight months of the year, but it is different having the Swiss cross on your jersey and you do feel the pressure. It's not something that we're used to, everybody talking about it on the street in Switzerland. It only comes every four years so it's unusual and I feel that too. It's a huge deal [to win gold], it would be a massive highlight of my life."
So now Roger knows what Andy has to put up with at Wimbledon - every single year.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #32 on: July 29, 2012, 02:58 AM »

Breaking news (not exactly earth-shattering) -

WIMBLEDON, ENGLAND — Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany pulled out of the Olympics with a right hamstring injury shortly after losing the final in a tournament in Austria on Saturday.

Kohlschreiber will be replaced by a player to be determined Sunday who is already in the doubles draw.

Kohlschreiber's first-round match had been scheduled for Sunday.

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #33 on: July 29, 2012, 12:15 PM »

Anyone try and get tickets for the tennis?  There appear to be plenty of seats available on centre court atm.  I hope they fill up before Andy's on!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #34 on: July 29, 2012, 01:00 PM »

Probably the old 'business sponsors complimentary tickets' syndrome! It's very bad really! They should let people in free to fill the seats!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #35 on: July 29, 2012, 01:04 PM »

Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson, 11-time Paralympic champion and BBC pundit

Talking about the empty seats at Olympic stadia on BBC Radio 5 live: "Unfortunately there is no test they could do before the event as to who from the accredited personnel is going to go and watch the events. It's now up to the organisers to make sure that the tickets are used. The athletes have to focus on what they have to do and then they can go and watch other sports when either they are knocked out or their event is over."

Use them or lose them I say.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #36 on: July 29, 2012, 01:42 PM »

Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson, 11-time Paralympic champion and BBC pundit

Talking about the empty seats at Olympic stadia on BBC Radio 5 live: "Unfortunately there is no test they could do before the event as to who from the accredited personnel is going to go and watch the events. It's now up to the organisers to make sure that the tickets are used. The athletes have to focus on what they have to do and then they can go and watch other sports when either they are knocked out or their event is over."

Use them or lose them I say.

Agree completely!  Good posting!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #37 on: July 29, 2012, 02:30 PM »

Lots of matches now, but can only find Centre court and Court 18 (Tomic/Nishikori) showing on BBC website. Odd.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #38 on: July 29, 2012, 02:32 PM »

Lots of matches now, but can only find Centre court and Court 18 (Tomic/Nishikori) showing on BBC website. Odd.

Is it still raining?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #39 on: July 29, 2012, 02:36 PM »

Falla is only good enough to trouble Fed. He's not good enough to get a win. Benneteau, I don't think, will be as effective this time against Federer.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #40 on: July 29, 2012, 02:37 PM »

Is it still raining?

Sunny now, but more showers forecast I think
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #41 on: July 29, 2012, 05:31 PM »

All these matches outside CC got either postponed or delayed. So unfortunate.

Watching Shaprapova and gymnastics at the same time.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #42 on: July 29, 2012, 06:45 PM »

Looking quite bright over west London way now - maybe they can resume play....

Bellucci just won 1st set v Tsonga in tie break

Edit - looks like they have Fognini/Djoko resumed at 7 all in tie break. Fognini takes it 9-7
[ Last edit by Elena July 29, 2012, 06:49 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #43 on: July 29, 2012, 07:27 PM »

apparently this happened.

Federer: "I thought that it was nice for Stan to carry the flag. It's what he does best, other than lose to me."

and this
 Sharapova: "What a lot of work carrying the flag for little Aga. Hope that she enjoys her vacation."   blink help   doh
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 July 29, 2012, 07:32 PM ] IP Logged
sickboy1888
Junior

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 07:37 PM »

Why are BBC Online not showing Court 1 or 2 with the better matches on.Seems weird that they are showing CC and Court 18  confused
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 49 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »