Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 49 Go Down Reply
Author

London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players

(Read 8275 times)
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #60 on: July 30, 2012, 09:41 PM »

GASQUET Richard  v BAGHDATIS Marcos
TSONGA Jo-Wilfried v RAONIC Milos   
CILIC Marin v HEWITT Lleyton   
DAVYDENKO Nikolay v NISHIKORI Kei
NIEMINEN Jarkko v MURRAY Andy
LOPEZ Feliciano v MONACO Juan   
RODDICK Andy v DJOKOVIC Novak
FERRER David KAVCIC Blaz

Holly **** there are some good matches on tomorrow for a 2nd round!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #61 on: July 31, 2012, 03:51 AM »

Yes I've noticed that too. Have to say that I'm struggling to really get into the event, which wasn't the case in Beijing.

It must seem strange for them to come back to Wimbledon after only 3 weeks. It would probably have been better for it to have been on hard courts to give it the feel of being a new and separate event, but of course it would have been a waste of money to build new courts just for the Olympics. Vera Zvonareva commented about how it doesn't feel like they're in the Olympics because of the Village being so far away. It's not like they can really go to any other events to watch, unless they want to be travelling for nearly an hour each way, and likewise other athletes can't really come to see the tennis either.

But Andy does seem to be taking it seriously, and if the top players progress in the event I'm sure things will liven up towards the end of the week.
Thank goodness I'm not alone here.  I'm finding it hard to get into the event too.  Wimbledon will always be just that no matter how much they try to change it cosmetically - and it doesn't help either that the venue is still called Wimbledon.  It's quite bizarre really, but I realise there's no other option.  At least Andy seems to be happy about it, and that's the main thing.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #62 on: July 31, 2012, 10:02 AM »

On a side note, came across this on the beeb:-

TENNIS

British tennis hope Laura Robson, who faces a tough old task when she takes on Maria Sharapova later on today, admits she has got a bit carried away with her latest hobby - swapping pin badges with people from other nations.

She has amassed one of the biggest collections of the athletes village already and says: "I went a bit nuts with it yesterday during the rain delay. I got most of them when we were in the village, I got St Kitts & Nevis, Aruba, Guinea, so I'm trying to go for the slightly smaller countries as well as the larger ones.

"I've actually run out of GB pins to give people, so I think Andy Murray is going to give me his, then I can get started again.

"I have been promised a Swiss pin from Roger Federer. I asked him this morning and he said he is going to bring in his tomorrow. If you talk to him, tell him that he promised me one!"

Will do, Laura. And, if any of you see Rog, make sure to ask him about his badges..
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #63 on: July 31, 2012, 01:41 PM »

Hope Laura was talking to smugfed and not pseudfed or she might not see that pin.   I think Andy was into pin-swapping last time but perhaps he decided not to this time.  Venus is as she was swapping on court after her match.  Lovely to see her playing so well again after her illness though of course it's an illness which can hit her on any day so it's not really after at all.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #64 on: July 31, 2012, 03:17 PM »

Tsonga/Ranoic stuck at 2-1 in the 3rd. Very interesting match this one though didn't get to see it at all. Can't wait for Nole/Roddick either. Some really good matches today.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #65 on: July 31, 2012, 03:51 PM »

..and still it rains.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #66 on: July 31, 2012, 03:52 PM »

Nole looking great so far too - oh how I wish Nole and Andy were on opposite sides. Frown
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #67 on: July 31, 2012, 03:56 PM »

Yeah.. he's spanking Roddy good and proper.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #68 on: July 31, 2012, 04:00 PM »

Oooo... Milos & Jo-Willy warming up on court. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #69 on: July 31, 2012, 04:35 PM »

Milos & Jo at 6-6 in final set, no tb.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #70 on: July 31, 2012, 05:00 PM »

..and still it rains.
Forecast better for tomorrow.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #71 on: July 31, 2012, 05:05 PM »

Milos & Jo at 6-6 in final set, no tb.
Now 9-9.

Laura is a break down (2-3) to Sharapova.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #72 on: July 31, 2012, 05:06 PM »

Milos/Jo match at 11-10 Jo. Milos to serve next.
Who will blink first?

There's a kid there who's been whinging very loudly the whole match. Distracting..grr..
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #73 on: July 31, 2012, 05:09 PM »

Oh-oh, this is turning into one of those marathon type matches! 11 all.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: London 2012 Olympics: The Other Players « Reply #74 on: July 31, 2012, 05:14 PM »

Jo saved a BP to hold serve.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 49 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »