Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 115591 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3195 on: September 18, 2012, 04:15 PM »

"I need a holiday badly ... I'm wounded, tired, and exhausted and need some time off right now and see where I go from here."

Such a dramatic statement - I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Rolling Eyes

I went for hysterical laughter!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3196 on: September 18, 2012, 04:20 PM »

I went for hysterical laughter!
Oh good, now I can stop feeling guilty! Very Happy

Anyway I reckon I've discovered the truth behind this - Mirka's been having a go at him cos she's had enough.  And I'm only half-joking .....

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3197 on: September 18, 2012, 04:28 PM »

Oh good, now I can stop feeling guilty! Very Happy

Anyway I reckon I've discovered the truth behind this - Mirka's been having a go at him cos she's had enough.  And I'm only half-joking .....

You shouldn't feel guilty, I thought it was hilarious, but then I'm evil lol.

I wouldn't be at all surprised, seriously. Mirka seems to find it all a bit of an ordeal to be honest. As much as I can't stand him, I've got no problem with her, so I'm inclined to feel a bit sorry for her.

She needs to confiscate his racquets or something lol.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3198 on: September 18, 2012, 04:43 PM »

I see shes had Rog's Silver medal made into a bracelet.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3199 on: September 18, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Bleachers report, a site that was so pro fed and so anti Murray it made the stomach churn

Roger Federer: Winning an 18th Grand Slam Title Will Be Difficult in 2013By Nicholas Goss(Featured Columnist) on September 18, 2012 83 reads

Roger Federer became a Grand Slam champion again this year when he won his seventh Wimbledon title, but winning his 18th Grand Slam singles title will be incredibly difficult in 2013.

To his credit, Federer played well this season. He made the semifinals at the Australian and French Opens, won Wimbledon, and was upset in the quarterfinals at the US Open by Tomas Berdych. He also won the silver medal in men's singles at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.

However, Federer certainly benefited from rival Rafael Nadal battling through injuries for a large part of the year, and some uncharacteristically poor play from Novak Djokovic at times.

Nadal defeated Federer in one Australian Open semifinal before losing to Djokovic in the final, then went on to win his seventh French Open title. However, the Spanish star didn't even play at the US Open because of injury.

Will Federer win No. 18 in 2013?
 Yes
 No
Submit Vote vote to see results   
Will Federer win No. 18 in 2013?Yes0%No0%Total votes: 0

When he returns next season fully healthy, Nadal will be the favorite in every match that he plays against Federer.

Nadal is a major threat to Federer on all surfaces, not just the clay at Roland Garros. Nadal made four consecutive Grand Slam finals before injuries started to have a real factor on his play around Wimbledon.

In addition to Nadal, Djokovic and Andy Murray are also playing at a high level. Murray is playing the best tennis of his life right now, and is a tougher opponent for Federer than he used to be. Murray has made the "Big Four" a true "Big Four."

Other talented players who are highly ranked, such as Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, David Ferrer and Berdych aren't easy opponents in Grand Slam tournaments.

The competition right now is deeper and better, and players such as Nadal and Djokovic are likely to have bounce-back seasons in 2013.

Federer could win another Grand Slam in 2013, it's not impossible by any stretch, but the challenge of winning one will likely be much harder than it was this season.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3200 on: September 18, 2012, 04:53 PM »

He actually said I'm wounded blink 

Who's been sticking pins in the actual Fed?  search I said use the doll! doh

Brilliant lmao trophy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3201 on: September 18, 2012, 05:22 PM »

Bleachers report, a site that was so pro fed and so anti Murray it made the stomach churn

I've commented on Bleacher Report articles before, but I am trying not to do it too much now. There's just no fun in arguing with barely literate fools. I swear, half the contributors on there wouldn't know one end of a tennis racquet from the other.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3202 on: September 18, 2012, 08:11 PM »

I wouldn't be at all surprised, seriously. Mirka seems to find it all a bit of an ordeal to be honest. As much as I can't stand him, I've got no problem with her, so I'm inclined to feel a bit sorry for her.
I expect poor Mirka is sick to death of traipsing round the world after him with two active toddlers in tow.  I'm quite prepared to believe that their marriage could be going through a bit of a rough time - i.e. which comes first, winning X more Slams, or devoting more time to his family?  It's also quite possible that she wants another child now.  She was reported as saying recently that she no longer feels comfortable watching his matches, and that certainly is obvious.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3203 on: September 19, 2012, 12:17 AM »

Some good news - Gael Monfils is ready to make a return after 4 months out with a knee injury.

http://www.10sballs.com/2012/09/18/gael-monfils-is-ready-to-return-to-the-tour/
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3204 on: September 19, 2012, 12:27 AM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/roger-federer-novak-djokovic-rafael-nadal-paying-price-for-success-091812

Interesting read
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3205 on: September 19, 2012, 12:35 AM »

Just read it on another thread, and it is very interesting.  I like the pics of Fed, Nadal and Djoko - Fed looks totally wild!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3206 on: September 19, 2012, 02:34 AM »

Very goodjob
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3207 on: September 19, 2012, 07:22 AM »

I like the the nickname of Andy- The Duke of Dunblane Super
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3208 on: September 20, 2012, 11:04 AM »

I love the name....Duke of Dunblane!!!  dance
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3209 on: September 20, 2012, 11:20 AM »

I love the name....Duke of Dunblane!!!  dance
  Too aristocratic sounding for me - I'd prefer something more down- to-earth, but nothing seems to capture the power, the subtlety, or the doggedness of his game. The (Dunblane ?) Destructor is good, but a bit apocalyptic.  Maybe the Handyman? That might capture a bit of his essence.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »