Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 119735 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3315 on: October 17, 2012, 04:20 PM »

I was thinking more of the physical signs. He was hobbling whilst he was waiting for the ceremony, and flinching whenever he moved. He looked in pain. I agree he was completely overcome. He had the same look he had after match point in the Olympic Final - the "what the hell have I done look?", with the "Am I imagining this look?".  I get confused by the reporters who said he wasn't showing emotion. He looked so relaxed and happy the following day. The repeated lapsing into an inane grin was a bit of a giveaway as to his joy as well. On one level he might have been uncomfortable with the publicity, but on another he looked like he was savouring every second. I loved the scenes in Central Park, when he was completely at one with all the requests to stand this way or that, hold the trophy above his head, kiss it or cuddle it. He really looked very happy at needing to indulge the press in such a manner. Given how knackered he was, and the lack of sleep it was fun to watch. He might not have articulated it in words, but his body language was eloquence itself.
He was in pain, so it was reported, because he'd had a toenail come off such was the ferocity of that match, but he was walking perfecty normally a few hours later.  I agree though that it was his reactions afterwards that were more of a pleasure to see.   I think he said he managed to get about 3 hours sleep in as many days.  It was only pure adrenaline that was keeping him going.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3316 on: October 17, 2012, 05:22 PM »

TJ those are my favourites also. I accidently deleted the match with Llodra and wish I hadn't as it was so entertaining with some great tennis.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3317 on: October 17, 2012, 06:06 PM »

TJ those are my favourites also. I accidently deleted the match with Llodra and wish I hadn't as it was so entertaining with some great tennis.
Worry not - here it is in full on YouTube (it's also on the Murray videos thread somewhere).  Think I'll watch it myself it was so good and played in such a friendly spirit.  Oh that more matches were like that!

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3318 on: October 17, 2012, 06:19 PM »

9. Shanghai semi against Federer. Straight sets! Someone just has to put the fifth game of the first set on to Youtube. I wasn't feeling well and it made me laugh! Three double faults!
This might help you get over your cold, teejay. Get well soon.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3319 on: October 17, 2012, 06:28 PM »

This might help you get over your cold, teejay. Get well soon.

Thanks, I'm sure it will help lol. I swear even Fed's nose was blushing lol. This one has to go down as the funniest game ever. I don't think anyone could quite believe it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3320 on: October 17, 2012, 06:38 PM »

Thanks Linda.  I was trying so hard not to laugh it hurt. Very Happy
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3321 on: October 17, 2012, 07:12 PM »

Thank you, TJ
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3322 on: October 18, 2012, 10:05 AM »

Thanks Scot, I love watching that - hilariously bad, as Boogers might say. It does show though the pressure that a good returner puts on the server.

From the wounded to the injured -

Did people see that DelPo's 1st match back in Vienna yesterday went to 3 tie breaks, with no breaks of serve? He was playing Daniel Brands (WR 111). 30 aces for Delpo, 32 for Brands. I watched a little bit, but there wasn't much tennis in it. Not sure I saw more than three shots in a rally.

And in Stockholm Monfils lost 3-6 6-1 3-6 to Rosenholm (WR 436), then pulled out of doubles, so he's obviously not fit yet. It was said after Shanghai that his problems are due to his bipartite patella, a condition he shares with Andy.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3323 on: October 18, 2012, 12:45 PM »

Been a good week for some of the (mostly) younger players who have recently broken through into the top 100 or are close to. Berankis (beat Ramos and Mayer), Jaziri (beat Ram and Troicki), Ito (beat Bautista and Kravchuk), Janowicz (beat Becker and Berlocq), Zopp (beat Andujar), Pospisil (qualified and beat Haider Maurer), Zemlja (qualified and beat Malisse), Levine (beat Kubot), Bedene (beat Garcia-Lopez).

Gulbis (vs Devvarman) and Young (vs Fognini) also won, both having been really out of form this season, whilst 19yo Dom Thiem managed to defend his 20 R2 points, beating Lukas Lacko (much more impressive than his win over Muster last year).

6 of our top 7 Doubles players playing this week as well. Fleming/Hutchins beat Delgado and Skupski in Stockholm R1 (they play 4th seeds Melo and Soares at 1pm today), Jamie Murray and his partner Sa won in Vienna, whilst Dom Inglot and his partner Huey unfortunately lost in the same tournament (they were 3rd seeds).
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3324 on: October 18, 2012, 01:13 PM »

^^ Thanks MH.

Here's a rare thing - livestreaming of a doubles match. Fleming/Hutchins v Melo/Soares just started

http://lsh.lshunter.tv/static/popups/115644834307130.html
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3325 on: October 18, 2012, 01:44 PM »

A few of Fleming and Hutchins matches have been streamed lately.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3326 on: October 18, 2012, 01:49 PM »

Last time I looked - Beijing? Shanghai? their match was listed, but then not shown. so I'd almost given up.

Just levelled at 5 all, from 4 -0 down
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3327 on: October 18, 2012, 01:51 PM »

Their semi final and final in Kuala Lumpur was. So was the semi final in Beijing. Don't think any of their matches in Shanghai was. Their match yesterday was streamed as well.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3328 on: October 18, 2012, 02:07 PM »

Levelled from 0-4 down before going down 5-7 after two double faults from Fleming.

Then broke in the 1st game of the 2nd set before giving it straight back with yet another double fault - Hutchins this time.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3329 on: October 18, 2012, 08:08 PM »

Sorry if this is old news, but Nadal has confirmed for ATP500 in Acapulco next Feb.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »