Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 130677 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3345 on: October 24, 2012, 02:19 PM »

I see that Petra Kvitova is out the WTA championships (viral illness) and is to be replaced by Sam Stosur.

Also, Larry Stefanki has got a new job coaching Venus Williams. Interesting appointment - Venus seems very determined to rise up the rankings again.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3346 on: October 25, 2012, 12:55 AM »

Nice tribute to Juan Carlos Ferrero.. nice words from Andy too. "Hope you enjoy your last match..and the rest of your life too." clap

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3347 on: October 25, 2012, 01:09 AM »

I wish Smugfed didn't have to have the last word ffs.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3348 on: October 25, 2012, 02:33 AM »

I wish Smugfed didn't have to have the last word ffs.
For once I actually LIKED SmugFed.  I thought what he said was sincere and quite moving.  I'll miss Ferrero too.  Really liked the guy.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3349 on: October 25, 2012, 10:40 AM »

I liked what he said but he shouldn't be last on always. I am gonna miss Ferrero too. Seemed like a really nice bloke.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3350 on: October 25, 2012, 01:28 PM »

I really miss Robin Soderling, a Slam contender imho. It's a real shame to see he's no longer on the ATP rankings.
Who knows what the lay of the land might be right now if he hadn't been struck down with mono, and the consequent complications. Hope he gets back.

Meanwhile, he and his wife Jenni had a baby girl this week Smile

* A5axY_JCIAIR_A3.jpg (53.65 KB, 600x800 - viewed 129 times.)
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3351 on: October 25, 2012, 01:42 PM »

That's good to hear. I keep on checking for updates on when he hopes to return to the tour but the longer it goes with no news the more likely it seems he will retire.

He signed up for a few tournaments at the beginning of this year but pulled out.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3352 on: October 25, 2012, 01:45 PM »

I really miss Robin too. Was hoping he'd be back this year but not sure if he ever will be now. Frown It's such a shame that mono struck just at the point where he was playing the best tennis of his career.

His daughter is adorable, really pleased for Robin and Jenni. Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3353 on: October 25, 2012, 01:53 PM »

He has a chatty twitter, but says nothing there about if/when on his return.
I did find this, but don't know if it's the original source.
It's interesting to see his coach Fredrik Rosengren holding the baby.. so they're clearly still in close contact.
http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Robin-Soderling-Still-no-date-for-my-comeback-articolo6569.html
Robin Soderling: ┬┤Still no date for my comeback┬┤

Far from the courts since July 2011 due to mono, Robin Soderling has restarted training very carefully, but has no date for a comeback Tennis Stories  19 Oct 2012 - 10:23 / by Federico Coppini

"My health is improving, at a snail's pace, but it's getting better. Some days I'm able to do jogging at a costant pace, some others it's hard to get up from the couch. That is what makes complicated every kind of date for my comeback. With hindsight i think i wanted to force too much my body. I was always against to stop to listen to my body, maybe that's why now my recovering is so slow. I finally learnt to be patient."
[ Last edit by scotnadian October 25, 2012, 01:58 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3354 on: October 25, 2012, 02:07 PM »

Yes I was wondering what happened to Soderling. It has been a long time since he last played. Nice to hear that that he is now a dad. Hope he gets well soon. Not nice to have Glandular Fever takes a long time to get better.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3355 on: October 25, 2012, 02:42 PM »

Yes I was wondering what happened to Soderling. It has been a long time since he last played. Nice to hear that that he is now a dad. Hope he gets well soon. Not nice to have Glandular Fever takes a long time to get better.

Me too. I really thought he quit or something..
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3356 on: October 25, 2012, 08:44 PM »

I really miss Robin Soderling, a Slam contender imho. It's a real shame to see he's no longer on the ATP rankings.
Who knows what the lay of the land might be right now if he hadn't been struck down with mono, and the consequent complications. Hope he gets back.

Meanwhile, he and his wife Jenni had a baby girl this week Smile
I did know Robin was to become a Dad but didn't know when, so I'm sure his baby daughter will brighten up his life.  Seems to be the week for babies!

Mono is a hellish thing to have.  It can clear up in a few months or it can take years.  It couldn't have struck Robin at a worse time, just when his career was really taking off, and that must be so frustrating for him.  I hope he doesn't push his body too hard in attempt to kick-start his career.  At his age it wouldn't be worth the effort.  He should just concentrate on getting well and forget about tennis.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3357 on: October 25, 2012, 09:50 PM »

While I wouldn't wish glandular fever on anyone (having experienced it as a student but was lucky in that I recovered fairly quickly), I can't say I miss him.  I bracket him with Berdych.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3358 on: October 25, 2012, 10:19 PM »

While I wouldn't wish glandular fever on anyone (having experienced it as a student but was lucky in that I recovered fairly quickly), I can't say I miss him.  I bracket him with Berdych.
He's certainly as unpopular on the tour, although I'm not really sure why.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3359 on: October 25, 2012, 11:55 PM »

Ruthie NOBODY could be as bad as Berdych!!  I didn't like Soderling much because he just seemed a bit weird, but I could at least put up with him.

He's certainly as unpopular on the tour, although I'm not really sure why.
I seem recall reading somewhere that it was because he was cold and aloof, but for all I know that could have been due to shyness rather than arrogance.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 223 [224] 225 226 227 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »