Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 127101 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3600 on: February 13, 2013, 08:25 PM »

I had exactly the same feeling about JJ in Paris.  I just felt that the talk about being so poor was not entirely true as his parents as far as I can see are quite wealthy and niow his remarks about the other players is so unprofessional.  I feel he may ba a flash in the pan.  We can just wait and see.Zeballos seems to have retired injured which is a shame. I see Paire had to retire from his match so we do not know how bad he was throughout this match.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3601 on: February 13, 2013, 08:30 PM »

Davydenko should win really. Also Haase was seen off by Gulbis. Dimitrov struggled past Tomic in 3 on Monday.

You are right. It was Gulbis who dismissed Haase. But I'd still like Dimitrov to prevail. Looks like it's heading to a TB.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3602 on: February 13, 2013, 08:32 PM »

I had exactly the same feeling about JJ in Paris.  I just felt that the talk about being so poor was not entirely true as his parents as far as I can see are quite wealthy and niow his remarks about the other players is so unprofessional.  I feel he may ba a flash in the pan.  We can just wait and see.Zeballos seems to have retired injured which is a shame. I see Paire had to retire from his match so we do not know how bad he was throughout this match.

Both valid cases in my opinion.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3603 on: February 13, 2013, 08:38 PM »

And Dimitrov takes the 1st set. devil
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3604 on: February 13, 2013, 08:47 PM »

Davydenko should win really. Also Haase was seen off by Gulbis. Dimitrov struggled past Tomic in 3 on Monday.
Struggled?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3605 on: February 13, 2013, 08:55 PM »

Struggled?

Yes, why? It was a very tight match.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3606 on: February 13, 2013, 09:02 PM »

^^ I don't understand though - why would you take Tomic so lightly? It should have been a tight match as I see it.

Dimitrov 4-2 up in the 2nd.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3607 on: February 13, 2013, 11:29 PM »

Yes, why? It was a very tight match.
So every time a player wins a close match, it is a 'struggle'?
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3608 on: February 13, 2013, 11:40 PM »

Grigor Dimitrov wins! 7-5 6-3 against Nikolay Davydenko
and will play Richard Gasquet in next round
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3609 on: February 14, 2013, 10:08 AM »

Pleased that Dimotrov won, really enjoy watching him play.

I'm looking forward to the Delpo/Gulbis match - if Gulbis is in the mood to play today, it could be a close one. He's down at 132 in the rankings now - a guy this his talent should be ranked way above that. Hopefully he'll be a bit more motivated this year.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3610 on: February 14, 2013, 03:41 PM »

Grigor Dimitrov wins! 7-5 6-3 against Nikolay Davydenko
and will play Richard Gasquet in next round

yay
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3611 on: February 14, 2013, 03:59 PM »

Too much faith in Gasquet methinks Smile go go Bahgdatis
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3612 on: February 14, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Baggy vs Dimitrov - a win win situation as far as I'm concerned as really like them both.  Would love to see one of them get to the finals though I guess not too likely - not sure who they might be facing in SF?  Only just got home having been in London for a few days, so catching up with Rotterdam
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3613 on: February 14, 2013, 08:42 PM »

I'm fed up with Rotterdam today. Haven't seen much, apart from a bit of Baggy, earlier, because I've had some stuff to do today, and some of Del Potro, and then Smugfed this evening, which went off because the commentary was fawning. Why do I find that more annoying when it's Petch that's doing the fawning? I suspect it's because he's so balanced about everyone else....Well, usually!

Got narked as well with their choices for the best points of 2012. I think three involve Andy, either against Federer or Djokovic, so explain to me why they couldn't find one, just one, brilliant point that Andy wins. ranting. Of the points that were there, I liked the Dimitrov one. How did he do that????

I blame Crofty for my mood. The woman is annoying.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3614 on: February 14, 2013, 11:54 PM »

Baggy vs Dimitrov - a win win situation as far as I'm concerned as really like them both.  Would love to see one of them get to the finals though I guess not too likely - not sure who they might be facing in SF?  Only just got home having been in London for a few days, so catching up with Rotterdam
Most likely Del Potro.

Federer/Benneteau, Klizan/Simon, Dimitrov/Baghdatis and Nieminen/Del Potro are the Rotterdam QFs. The middle two are particularly intriguing ties.

All the seeds are tumbling in Sao Paulo! Chardy lost to Alund yesterday and now Ramos (bt by Berlocq), Bellucci (bt by Volandri), Andujar (bt by Montanes) and Monaco (bt by Bolelli) have all followed him. All the experienced players seem to be winning through.

Nadal/Berlocq, Alund/Volandri, Montanes/Bolelli and Nalbandian/Almagro there. Only the latter tie is really of interest.

I'm looking forward to Hewitt/Querrey and Smyczek/Johnson (two of the upcoming Americans) in the San Jose R2 today.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 [241] 242 243 244 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »