Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 ... 308 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Tennis News  (Read 108919 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3750 on: February 24, 2013, 05:28 PM »

According to Neil Harman, Fed will play Indian Wells and then not until Madrid in May - he wants to spend April with his family. No Monte Carlo for him then.

It was a really good result for Tsonga - good to see him play well again. Ferrer/Wawrinka has just started if anyone wants to see that.

Interesting bit about Federer skipping Miami. He needs to defend Madrid I take it. I suppose he wants to stay healthy for the two upcoming Majors. How about Rome? Is he there?

What about Nadal? Is he playing either of the 2 Masters in March? Or both? I feel I am little behind. Just too busy at work lately.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3751 on: February 24, 2013, 05:29 PM »

Interesting bit about Federer skipping Miami. He needs to defend Madrid I take it. I suppose he wants to stay healthy for the two upcoming Majors. How about Rome? Is he there?

What about Nadal? Is he playing either of the 2 Masters in March? Or both? I feel I am little behind. Just too busy at work lately.

Nadal is down for both. but I have a feeling he will only play Miami.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3752 on: February 24, 2013, 05:34 PM »

How do you feel about Tsonga's celebrations? For some reason, it irritated me a bit today. Typically I don't pay too much attention to these things. I do like Jo a lot.
  Didn't see them, but I guess in front of a home crowd he's entitled to let rip with a bit of extra panache.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3753 on: February 24, 2013, 05:38 PM »

I think Federer is still planning to play Rome. Probably a good decision from his point of view to skip Monte Carlo as the surface is too slow for him there.

I'm not sure about Nadal. As GangstaMurray says, he's down for both but I'd be surprised if he plays both tournaments. He's playing Acapulco next week - I did hear a rumour that he may skip both IW and Miami, but that it all depends on how his knee holds up.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3754 on: February 24, 2013, 05:38 PM »

I watched the Marseille final and for most of the time Berdych appeared the better player. Tsonga struggled in most of his service games and just came away in the Tb second set. Then Berdych somehow lost his focus, complained to the umpire, made more mistakes and finally lost. But it is always nice to see a player win in front of his crowd. So congrats to Tsonga.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3755 on: February 24, 2013, 06:52 PM »

I think Federer is still planning to play Rome. Probably a good decision from his point of view to skip Monte Carlo as the surface is too slow for him there.

I'm not sure about Nadal. As GangstaMurray says, he's down for both but I'd be surprised if he plays both tournaments. He's playing Acapulco next week - I did hear a rumour that he may skip both IW and Miami, but that it all depends on how his knee holds up.

It was confirmed that missing both of the events was not actually ever going to be the case. He would only have done it if the knees were terrible as in a few retirements from matches. But obviously he made a final and won a tournament.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3756 on: February 24, 2013, 07:02 PM »

It was confirmed that missing both of the events was not actually ever going to be the case. He would only have done it if the knees were terrible as in a few retirements from matches. But obviously he made a final and won a tournament.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. Smile

Ferrer just won the title in Buenos Aires - 6-4, 3-6, 6-1. He went down an early break in all three sets, but definitely raised his level in the third. Good tournament from Stan too - excellent win against Almagro the other day.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3757 on: February 24, 2013, 07:06 PM »

Ah ok, thanks for the info. Smile

Ferrer just won the title in Buenos Aires - 6-4, 3-6, 6-1. He went down an early break in all three sets, but definitely raised his level in the third. Good tournament from Stan too - excellent win against Almagro the other day.

**** I wanted Stan to win, I like him more than Ferrer. Still got Lopez to make me happy.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3758 on: February 24, 2013, 07:15 PM »

Sh*t I wanted Stan to win, I like him more than Ferrer. Still got Lopez to make me happy.

He definitely had chances to win but had problems consolidating his breaks of serve. I like Stan too and hope he can have a good season this year.

I'd prefer Nishikori to win tonight as he's one of my favourites - should be an interesting match.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3759 on: February 24, 2013, 07:17 PM »

He definitely had chances to win but had problems consolidating his breaks of serve. I like Stan too and hope he can have a good season this year.

I'd prefer Nishikori to win tonight as he's one of my favourites - should be an interesting match.

He's had a great start to this season. I hope he gets far in IW and Miami, could do with overtaking some of the mugs ranked above him.
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3760 on: February 24, 2013, 07:25 PM »

He's had a great start to this season. I hope he gets far in IW and Miami, could do with overtaking some of the mugs ranked above him.
like Raonic?  Wink
moves to 16th if he wins, and overtakes Milos Raonic if he wins Smile
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3761 on: February 24, 2013, 07:27 PM »

like Raonic?  Wink
moves to 16th if he wins, and overtakes Milos Raonic if he wins Smile

Good, Raonic is a mug.
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3762 on: February 24, 2013, 07:31 PM »

Good, Raonic is a mug.
yep, they wont be playing till 3 pm (9 pm Gmt) or after, but seeing how the doubles finals are going I think it will be exactly 9 pm Gmt(1 hour and 30 mins till then)
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3763 on: February 24, 2013, 07:35 PM »

yep, they wont be playing till 3 pm (9 pm Gmt) or after, but seeing how the doubles finals are going I think it will be exactly 9 pm Gmt(1 hour and 30 mins till then)

I'm rooting for Lopez.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3764 on: February 24, 2013, 08:42 PM »

Mexican Open: Acapulco warning for tennis players

Tennis players have been warned about security ahead of the start
of the Mexican Open in the troubled Pacific resort of Acapulco.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12520939
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 ... 308 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »