Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 128341 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3780 on: February 24, 2013, 11:18 PM »

Just watched the semi final of the Australian Open. Was so glad Andy won after Smugfed swore at him. In the 5th set Andy hit a ball right at Smugfed almost hitting him (pity he did not) anyway so pleased he won Smugfed's ego needs to be deflated hope Andy beats him in more big matches.
SmugFed's behaviour was appalling, and what's worse the umpire didn't penalise him for an audible obscenity.  Do they still hold SmugFed in such reverence that he can do and say more or less what he likes now? 
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3781 on: February 24, 2013, 11:49 PM »

I think Federer is still planning to play Rome. Probably a good decision from his point of view to skip Monte Carlo as the surface is too slow for him there.

I'm not sure about Nadal. As GangstaMurray says, he's down for both but I'd be surprised if he plays both tournaments. He's playing Acapulco next week - I did hear a rumour that he may skip both IW and Miami, but that it all depends on how his knee holds up.

I have a feeling he'll skip both.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3782 on: February 24, 2013, 11:52 PM »

SmugFed's behaviour was appalling, and what's worse the umpire didn't penalise him for an audible obscenity.  Do they still hold SmugFed in such reverence that he can do and say more or less what he likes now? 

Have we seen this kind of display from another top player in the past? It was very demeaning and condescending. I don't remember him doing this to Nadal ever - even when he got beaten by him repeatedly. Very cool of Andy to play it down in his post match interview.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3783 on: February 25, 2013, 02:08 AM »

Have we seen this kind of display from another top player in the past?
Not that I can remember, and my comms said the same thing - and they've undoubtedly watched many more matches than I ever have.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3784 on: February 25, 2013, 09:49 AM »

Sky Sports are showing a replay of the Memphis final tonight - it's on Sky Sports 3 at 7pm.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3785 on: February 25, 2013, 11:27 AM »

This is an eye-opener. I always assumed that when players played in charity events that they didn't expect a fee. Hell, no. Roddick is suing this cancer charity for $100,000 for bounced cheques.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/02/roddick-files-lawsuit-due-bounced-checks/46571/#.UStJ2fJW2So
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3786 on: February 25, 2013, 11:45 AM »

The whole "charity industry" is fraught with dodgy deals and shady events - looks like Roddick got burnt.  I always prefer to give direct to my chosen charity and cut out the entrepreneurs.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3787 on: February 25, 2013, 12:11 PM »

I think if Roddick was playing for a charity he should NOT be expected to be paid. I am sure he is well enough of not to expect payment. Sounds a bit selfish and greedy.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3788 on: February 25, 2013, 01:44 PM »

What the heck has happened to David goffin this year?, he is 2-6 for the year so far with his only wins coming against Ebden in Brisbane and Pashanski in the DC, he got beat in the first round of Auckland by Belluci, lost in the first round at the AO to Verdasco in 5 sets, got double bageled by Nieminen of all people in Rotterdam also in the first round, lost in teh first round in Marseille to Llodra and now has lost in the first round of Dubai to Bautistsgaaut.

I had high hopes for this guy.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3789 on: February 25, 2013, 03:58 PM »

So, Fed has lost the first set to Jazira, 5-7 in the Dubai Open!
Looking forward to the result of this match Wink
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3790 on: February 25, 2013, 04:05 PM »

He's 3-0 up in the 2nd though. Come on, Jaziri!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3791 on: February 25, 2013, 04:06 PM »

Yes have been watching it too. Smugfed not looking at all happy making a lot of mistakes. The Tunisian playing quite well hope continues to do so. Apparently Smugfed is taking two months off. Cannot se him getting back to number one whilst taking all that time off.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3792 on: February 25, 2013, 04:07 PM »

Djoko and brother lost in doubles earlier today

Stuart Fraser ‏@stu_fraser: Djokovic bros lose in Dubai. In 12 ATP draws (singles & doubles) that Marko received wild cards, he has won one match (Belgrade 2009 dubs).

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3793 on: February 25, 2013, 04:08 PM »

Come On Jaziri!!!
Please play better...
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3794 on: February 25, 2013, 04:13 PM »

Now getting bagled by Federer. Hopefully he’ll recover from the initial shock of winning the 1st set.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 252 [253] 254 255 256 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »