Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 122534 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3855 on: March 01, 2013, 06:01 PM »

I cannot believe that I was actually willing him to win.  I noticed there was no swearing by Smugfed.

I'm the exact same Tamila-it was an odd feeling indeed haha!

Well,Federer may not have been running his mouth off,but apparently there was plenty being done by his fans though. To quote David Law's twitter :

"DavidLaw ‏@DavidLawTennis
Quite an education to follow Federer fans during one of his matches. Especially when he's losing. I'm learning lots of new words."
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3856 on: March 01, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Yes his whiter than white persona has had a fall. I wonder if we will hear some new swear words in the next few months.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3857 on: March 01, 2013, 07:39 PM »

Well, Federer may not have been running his mouth off,but apparently there was plenty being done by his fans though. To quote David Law's twitter :

"DavidLaw ‏@DavidLawTennis
Quite an education to follow Federer fans during one of his matches. Especially when he's losing. I'm learning lots of new words."
I'm loving that!   So they're are bad as some Andy fans on here then? Very Happy 

I'm sorry I missed the match, in which I see Berdych saved 3 MPs, but for once I would have been behind Berdych.  Can't see him beating Djoko though and today will probably have tired him out.

IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3858 on: March 01, 2013, 10:42 PM »

Not bothered who wins Aileen, just so happy that birdbitch beat Fed! Woohoo!!!!!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3859 on: March 01, 2013, 11:01 PM »

Ok. Can anyone tell me why rafa is seeded 4 at Indian wells. Ferrer is world no 4 and if I was him I would not be impressed at being seeded 5.  Will rafa even play? 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3860 on: March 02, 2013, 02:01 AM »

Ok. Can anyone tell me why rafa is seeded 4 at Indian wells. Ferrer is world no 4 and if I was him I would not be impressed at being seeded 5.  Will rafa even play? 
I don't understand that seeding myself, but nobody knows for sure if Rafa is playing IW or not, and Rafa has said he'll wait and see how his knee feels after Acapulco.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3861 on: March 02, 2013, 12:25 PM »

So Berdych beats Federer,sets up a final with Nole tomorrow...I gotta say,it was a strange feeling actually wanting Berdych to win something lol!

Oh you as well lol. It's when you catch yourself going 'COME ON BERDYCH!' almost like it's Andy playing that you realise you're in trouble! I did, and then paused, almost like I'd said a dirty word, and then I realised that for once I was SUPPOSED to be on Berdych's side lol. Very strange feeling indeed lol.

Federer's fans were funny yesterday. They were all 'supportive', in that annoying way they are, and then he started slipping up and they went deathly quiet on him. Briliant stuff lol.

I can't see Berdych getting through Djokovic. I suppose miracles do happen, but that head to head is probably 12-1 for a reason. Still, I can deal with Djokovic winning another title. I just want Berdych to make it a bit competitive really.

The funny thing is that not so long ago I was saying that it seemed like the pundits had written Berdych off. It just seemed like no one was even talking about him all of a sudden. Now, within no time, he's got to two finals, and Maclagan was talking about him being a slam contender. It's a funny old game lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3862 on: March 02, 2013, 12:26 PM »

I noticed there was no swearing by Smugfed.

I think he keeps all the swearing for when Andy is beating him Whistle.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3863 on: March 02, 2013, 12:30 PM »

Oh you as well lol. It's when you catch yourself going 'COME ON BERDYCH!' almost like it's Andy playing that you realise you're in trouble! I did, and then paused, almost like I'd said a dirty word, and then I realised that for once I was SUPPOSED to be on Berdych's side lol. Very strange feeling indeed lol.

Federer's fans were funny yesterday. They were all 'supportive', in that annoying way they are, and then he started slipping up and they went deathly quiet on him. Briliant stuff lol.

I can't see Berdych getting through Djokovic. I suppose miracles do happen, but that head to head is probably 12-1 for a reason. Still, I can deal with Djokovic winning another title. I just want Berdych to make it a bit competitive really.

The funny thing is that not so long ago I was saying that it seemed like the pundits had written Berdych off. It just seemed like no one was even talking about him all of a sudden. Now, within no time, he's got to two finals, and Maclagan was talking about him being a slam contender. It's a funny old game lol.
I like Berdych - despite his girly looks. Very Happy   Don't see him strong enough to win through Nole, though.  Mentally - right now - Nole is the man, and he is in top on that way over everyone.  If Andy is to win more Slams - Nole's mind is what he needs to deconstruct.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3864 on: March 02, 2013, 05:47 PM »

I like Berdych - despite his girly looks. Very Happy   Don't see him strong enough to win through Nole, though.  Mentally - right now - Nole is the man, and he is in top on that way over everyone.  If Andy is to win more Slams - Nole's mind is what he needs to deconstruct.  cmon yeah

Is Berdych girly? If he is he's got the chunkiest girly legs I've ever seen lol.

I don't know what it is about Berdych to be honest. I just don't like him. It's funny reallly, off court he seems to get on with Andy all right, and he almost seems quite pleasant, apart from having that bit of Federer like arrogance that doesn't work for him, and he isn't bad looking really. I just think it's his tendency to throw his rattle out of the pram at times. He just grates on me. It's not the same sort of intense dislike I feel for Federer, which is years and years in the making lol, but still, I can't take to him.

As for Andy and Novak, I think Andy needs to keep his distance from Novak now, I really do. What I think Andy needs to begin to build is a bit of a psychological distance from Novak, which could give him a bit of an edge in matches. Where I think Andy has sometimes made a bit of a mistake is in being almost too pally with Djokovic, almost a bit too respectful at times, and that needs to stop a bit now. Of course, being respectful, all of that, hasn't stopped Andy beating him before, but as Andy makes his move upwards every bit of edge he can get, whether in his game, or in the mind, has to surely help. That said, it's sort of feeling now as if the only threat each of them has is really the other, which isn't bad.

The other thing, of course, is that Andy needs to keep putting himself in a position to win, which I have no doubt he will.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3865 on: March 02, 2013, 06:32 PM »

As for Andy and Novak, I think Andy needs to keep his distance from Novak now, I really do. What I think Andy needs to begin to build is a bit of a psychological distance from Novak, which could give him a bit of an edge in matches.

The other thing, of course, is that Andy needs to keep putting himself in a position to win, which I have no doubt he will.
   I think this is absolutely right - I seem to remember Ivan beginning to ring the changes at the AO 2012 when he stopped the matey kickabouts and hanging out together. It is regrettable, because it's not really in either guy's nature, but I think at this stage it is important for their careers to have a bit of distance.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3866 on: March 02, 2013, 06:37 PM »

Well Nole himself has said that he cannot be too friendly with Andy because when playing against him is out to beat him and win. I think they both understand this and no quarter is given when playing each other.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3867 on: March 02, 2013, 06:48 PM »

Well Nole himself has said that he cannot be too friendly with Andy because when playing against him is out to beat him and win. I think they both understand this and no quarter is given when playing each other.

I agree, and I remember Djokovic saying that. I thought it was great, because it suggested that Djokovic sees Andy as a threat. However, my point is really that it is almost more important now, now that Andy has a slam under his belt, and could be 2 in the world before too long.

There is no doubt at all that on the court their friendship, whatever it is, stops. However, in effect the rivalry, the competition, starts off court as well, especially at the top level. I just think Andy being the one to back right off and keep his distance, being the one to drive that if you like, would help him. For all of Djokovic's much talked about mental strength, and he is strong in that regard, Andy can seem to get under his skin at times, and I think if Andy just distanced himself a bit the rivalry would get even more intense.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3868 on: March 02, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Yes I know what you mean. Lets face it Smugfed has treated Andy very badly at times taking pot shots at Andy and it has not got better but worse. I think Smugfed knows Andy can beat him now and this irritates him like swearing at Andy in the semi final of the Australian Open. There is no love lost now I feel Andy loves to beat him and Andy gets to him now. If Andy wins Wimbledon that will finish him, Smugfed. The general public think Federer is a wonderful man but we know differently perhaps now people will see more clearly what kind of person he really is.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3869 on: March 02, 2013, 08:38 PM »

This is the thing about Federer that turned me off the most. He has always been very bossy when it comes to Andy and would resort to all sorts of mind games before a big match. I really think it has everything to do with the fact that, Andy has beaten him more times than he has beaten him and that's from the get go.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 257 [258] 259 260 261 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »