Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 120540 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4065 on: May 06, 2013, 04:40 PM »

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/bernard-tomics-father-john-jailed-for-alleged-assault-of-french-player-thomas-drouet/story-fncynkc6-1226636372038

Speaking moments before Tomic Sr was to face a Madrid court last night, Drouet told the Herald Sun he had been treated like a "dog" and a "piece of s---" by Tomic Sr for months.

He said things came to a head after Tomic Sr demanded Drouet buy him a carton of milk as they were waiting to go to the airport.

He said he replied that he didn't have time.

Tensions were already high, he said. He said he saw Tomic Sr punch Bernard in the mouth during a practice session last Tuesday, leaving the player in tears.

Drouet said outside the Madrid hotel Tomic Sr asked him to walk with him.

"After 100m or something like this he was looking around and then he started again. I thought he was going to say sorry for the verbal abuse, but no.

"He spat in my face, then walked away, and said he wouldn't pay me any more.

"I said, 'OK, John, you are a real man. That's fine. Bernard will pay me'.

"And he headbutted me.

"Every day he treat me like a dog for six months, with disrespect and then this. But he need to be off the ATP (tour)."

----------------

"Tomic Sr, a highly volatile and controversial figure on the world circuit, faces a possible lifetime ban from tournaments worldwide if found guilty of assault."

This could finally pave the way from Tomic to get away from his dad.

His dad denies it and claims it was self-defence. Yeah, right.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4066 on: May 06, 2013, 04:52 PM »

That's outrageous he should be banned permanently from all ATP venues.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4067 on: May 06, 2013, 04:58 PM »

He's probably scared of him on some level.

I think he's scared of him on all sorts of levels. That seemed quite clear a while back when he wanted an umpire to remove his Dad from the courtside because he couldn't do it.

I think it's tough for him, his Dad is his Dad, Bernie is bound to feel some sense of duty towards him, but the whole thing seems destructive to me. I'm not normally the sort who would suggest someone tells a parent to go away, to put it politely. I think a parent/child relationship is important, more important than anything, but Tomic's Dad seems to be a controlling, nasty piece of work and somehow it needs to be dealt with.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4068 on: May 06, 2013, 05:32 PM »

Is it legal to shoot both Bernard and his dad?, hell appreciates morons.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4069 on: May 06, 2013, 06:20 PM »

Tomic's father has temper issues. Probably had a hard childhood himself. Sometimes it runs in the family. If this goes to court then the court should order a serious anger management course though the recovery, as I know it, is very, very slow. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4070 on: May 06, 2013, 06:25 PM »

Isn't his dad Serbian?

Might explain his upbringing.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4071 on: May 06, 2013, 06:33 PM »

They do have a history of bouncing around for a bit until they finally settled in Queensland, Australia. That's a quite a bit of struggle IMO. I am not excusing his father’s behaviour but a shaky background like that is bound to have some negative outcome.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4072 on: May 06, 2013, 06:43 PM »

They do have a history of bouncing around for a bit until they finally settled in Queensland, Australia. That's a quite a bit of struggle IMO. I am not excusing his father’s behaviour but a shaky background like that is bound to have some negative outcome.

I wouldn't necessarily say that EJ.Just speaking from personal experience,I lived in America until I was nearly 5,then came back to Ireland,and moved from place to place quite a bit.I had never lived in any house longer than the one I'm living in now-4 years.Personally I've never found it to produce in me any Tomic-like results lol!

But back to the subject of Bernie himself though,I feel dreadfully sorry for him.What a terrible situation for him to be in.The best thing for him at this stage would be an ATP lifetime ban for his father.That's an awful thing to be able to say about someone's dad,but in this situation I think it's not only true,it's actually quite obvious.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4073 on: May 06, 2013, 07:03 PM »

I wouldn't necessarily say that EJ.Just speaking from personal experience,I lived in America until I was nearly 5,then came back to Ireland,and moved from place to place quite a bit.I had never lived in any house longer than the one I'm living in now-4 years.Personally I've never found it to produce in me any Tomic-like results lol!

But back to the subject of Bernie himself though,I feel dreadfully sorry for him.What a terrible situation for him to be in.The best thing for him at this stage would be an ATP lifetime ban for his father.That's an awful thing to be able to say about someone's dad,but in this situation I think it's not only true,it's actually quite obvious.

Do you have Croatian’s background as well, Dani? I believe same thing can have different effects on different people.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4074 on: May 06, 2013, 07:12 PM »

Big Four Pays Tribute To Brad Drewett In Madrid

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4075 on: May 06, 2013, 07:18 PM »

Do you have Croatian’s background as well, Dani? I believe same thing can have different effects on different people.

Nope,I'm Irish background on both sides Smile True,there's definitely that-of course people react to the same things differently-regardless of where you're from really!-so you've a fair point there.I was just pointing out that it's also perfectly possible to come from a similar background and not have it be the cause of any big problems Shrug
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4076 on: May 06, 2013, 08:05 PM »

I hope to be honest for Tomic to have any future in tennis that his father is banned. The boy needs some stability in his life and know way is it coming from his Father. He needs someone who is going to give him confidence and good advice and keep him on an even keel. Look what happened to the other young Australian girl (cannot remember her name maybe Docich) her father ruined her life and she left tennis for a few years. She is playing again and has someone to advise her what is best for her future.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4077 on: May 06, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Cracking result for Laura against Radwanska. Really hope she can hold the momentum, if she gets Ivanovic next i reckon she could take her if she holds her nerve.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4078 on: May 06, 2013, 09:06 PM »

Cracking result for Laura against Radwanska. Really hope she can hold the momentum, if she gets Ivanovic next i reckon she could take her if she holds her nerve.

I didn't see it, but heard about it just now and think it's brilliant for Laura. She's had some tough times this year, it's great to hear of such a cracking result for her. I hope she continues to do well.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4079 on: May 06, 2013, 09:23 PM »

Is it legal to shoot both Bernard and his dad?, hell appreciates morons.

Don't be harsh on Tomic ffs.

Must've been hard for him growing up with a dick head father.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 271 [272] 273 274 275 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »