Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 115721 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4140 on: May 16, 2013, 06:07 PM »

Was just wondering what R F seeding will be at Wimbledon this year being as he won it last year. He won't be seeded number 1 will he.
Nah Djokovic is too far ahead in ranking points. But I expect Federer will be #2 seed, regardless of whether Murray is ahead of him in the rankings or not.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4141 on: May 16, 2013, 06:40 PM »

Well, Overend's work was largely Murray-based. I think the biggest obstacle will be lack of broadcast experience (plus some urgent swotting-up on the WTA). I'm not even a qualified journalist, never mind a broadcast journalist, although, as a copywriter, there's sometimes a big grey area.

TBH, I'd be happy just to get an interview and go through the selection process. It'd be really interesting.
Great if you did Nigel  yay
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4142 on: May 16, 2013, 08:11 PM »

No harm in trying Nigel.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4143 on: May 16, 2013, 10:34 PM »

I think they want a qualified, experienced broadcast journalist. But that won't stop me applying.

Fortune favours the brave.

And don't forget who your friends are if you get the job. Good luck.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4144 on: May 17, 2013, 12:18 PM »

I think they want a qualified, experienced broadcast journalist. But that won't stop me applying.
  Good Luck, Grabber, but I expect the new guy's name is already on his/her Press pass.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4145 on: May 18, 2013, 12:37 PM »

Serena fist pumped a double fault when losing today. Poor show.

Should mentioned that by 'when losing' I mean when she was behind in the match, she didn't actually lose.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter May 18, 2013, 03:08 PM ] IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4146 on: May 18, 2013, 12:41 PM »

Good Luck, Grabber, but I expect the new guy's name is already on his/her Press pass.

I don't want the job. I've thought about it and it would actually be a nightmare. I just want to raise my profile.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4147 on: May 18, 2013, 01:17 PM »

Serena fist pumped a double fault when losing today. Poor show.

She can really easily pump herself up at the wrong points, Stosur in the 2011 US Open final is one example, she screamed cmon! before the point was even over.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4148 on: May 30, 2013, 12:26 PM »

Dear Nigel

Thank you for your application for the position of Tennis Correspondent which we have carefully considered. We regret to advise that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide more detailed feedback on individual applications at this stage in the process.

We hope you will consider applying for future opportunities with us or sign up for the Vacancy Alerts service at www.bbc.co.uk/careers

Yours sincerely
The BBC Recruitment Team

IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4149 on: May 30, 2013, 12:26 PM »

Bloody application form took four hours as well!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4150 on: May 30, 2013, 12:31 PM »

Bloody application form took four hours as well!

More detailed feedback? It's a job application, not an essay. BBC #downthedrain. Unlucky Nigel, maybe next time?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4151 on: May 30, 2013, 12:44 PM »

Unlucky Nigel, maybe next time?

These opportunities come around every Preston Guild, to use a local expression. That was my chance.

One thought: while they didn't ask my age on the application form, they could work it out from my education dates. Being 50 probably didn't cut it with the Beeb.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4152 on: May 30, 2013, 01:05 PM »

These opportunities come around every Preston Guild, to use a local expression. That was my chance.

One thought: while they didn't ask my age on the application form, they could work it out from my education dates. Being 50 probably didn't cut it with the Beeb.

I am sorry you didn't get it. Still, you tried, a lot of people wouldn't have done.

No, if you'd been 50 they would have said you belonged on the scrapheap. What you need is to be blonde, wear a skirt that would be better used as a belt, heels you could take eyes out with and a twee girly giggle. Until you can manage all those you're wasting your time on the Beeb.

You were on a loser straight away because you know about the sport as well. Seriously, where do they get some of their sports correspondents from, Mothercare?

You're probably much better off out of it. Their loss, and I do mean that quite seriously.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4153 on: May 30, 2013, 01:09 PM »

I think any of us could have a job like that. The knowledge on tennis from everyone here is of a high quality.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4154 on: May 30, 2013, 01:12 PM »

I am sorry you didn't get it. Still, you tried, a lot of people wouldn't have done.

No, if you'd been 50 they would have said you belonged on the scrapheap. What you need is to be blonde, wear a skirt that would be better used as a belt, heels you could take eyes out with and a twee girly giggle. Until you can manage all those you're wasting your time on the Beeb.

You were on a loser straight away because you know about the sport as well. Seriously, where do they get some of their sports correspondents from, Mothercare?

You're probably much better off out of it. Their loss, and I do mean that quite seriously.

Thanks. You're right. Made me feel better.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »