Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 115215 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4245 on: September 16, 2013, 09:57 PM »

That's great news about JWT. I love Jo, I think he's delightful. I wonder if he'll make the WTF this year. I'd love him to, but I'm not sure.
I really like him too and just hope that his knee doesn't give him any more trouble.

Marin Cilic has been banned for nine months for doping violations

http://www.itftennis.com/antidoping/news/decisions/decision-in-the-case-of-marin-cilic.aspx
And Viktor Troicki has been banned for 18 months, until 24 Jan 2015, for failing to provide a blood sample.  However, "the tribunal accepted that the stress that Mr Troicki was under at the time entitled him to mitigation."   So his claim that he was feeling 'unwell' has let him off the hook as far as a longer ban goes?  That sounds unduly lenient to me given that people who are ill in hospital have blood samples taken regardless.  Also, having had umpteen blood samples taken myself, then, unless a person has a phobia about needles, I don't see what the problem is with having such a simple procedure carried out.   

http://www.itftennis.com/antidoping/news/decisions/decision-in-the-case-of-viktor-troicki.aspx

Presumably both these players will have a right to appeal against these decisions?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4246 on: September 16, 2013, 10:01 PM »

I think any of us could have a job like that. The knowledge on tennis from everyone here is of a high quality.
Apart from the fact you need something more than knowledge, you need talent and Nigel has that. I suspect he's right that doing this so late in his career really didn't help.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4247 on: September 16, 2013, 10:18 PM »

Accidentally doping ?

just lol

And it's backdated. When did he last play ?  July. He will be back for Roland Garros.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4248 on: September 16, 2013, 10:27 PM »

And it's backdated. When did he last play ?  July. He will be back for Roland Garros.

It's backdated further than July.He'll be back at the end of Jan.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4249 on: September 16, 2013, 11:07 PM »

He played in June etc but will lose any ranking points and prize money from tournaments played after the date he was tested.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4250 on: September 18, 2013, 10:48 PM »

Kim Clijsters has given birth to a baby boy named Jack Leon Lynch, congratulations Kim!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4251 on: September 18, 2013, 10:50 PM »

Kim Clijsters has given birth to a baby boy named Jack Leon Lynch, congratulations Kim!
Who,s the dad?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4252 on: September 18, 2013, 10:50 PM »

Who,s the dad?

Her husband, Brian Lynch.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4253 on: September 18, 2013, 10:53 PM »

Congrats to him as well then.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4254 on: September 18, 2013, 11:06 PM »

Surprised I haven't seen any posts on here about this. The Thomas Drouet diaries (Tomic's former hitting partner)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/the-thomas-drouet-diaries-seven-months-on-the-atp-tour-with-bernard-and-john-tomic/story-fndkzym4-1226719297918

and

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/inside-the-violent-and-volatile-world-of-john-tomic-part-two-of-our-astonishing-serialisation-of-tennis-star-thomas-drouet8217s-diary/story-fndkzym4-1226719484382

Apologies if I've missed them. Feel free to delete. Tomic senior has since reacted calling Drouet a liar.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4255 on: September 19, 2013, 12:29 AM »

Your fave female player Gangsta. Smile   Congrats to her and hope the father recovers soon!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4256 on: September 19, 2013, 08:28 AM »

Congrats to Kim and her husband. Lovely news!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4257 on: September 24, 2013, 03:55 PM »

Michael Downey appointed LTA Chief Executive

The Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) has appointed Michael Downey as its new Chief Executive.

Michael has been President and CEO of Tennis Canada for the past 9 years, during which time the sport has enjoyed significant growth, both at grassroots and at the elite level. More than 1.2 million people play tennis at least twice a month in Canada, and this year, Canada reached the semi-finals of the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas.

Prior to Tennis Canada, Michael held a series of executive positions including regional president for Canada's largest brewery, Molson Canada.

Michael said of his appointment: “This is a huge privilege for me, at a fantastic time for British tennis. We have a tremendous opportunity in front of us, and it is an honour to be able to lead the work of the LTA in getting more people playing tennis.”

Michael will start on January 6th 2014 and will relocate to the UK with his fiancée, Jinder.

LTA Chairman, David Gregson, welcomed the appointment: “We set out to recruit a CEO with true success in business, with exceptional leadership credentials and ideally with significant knowledge of tennis. Michael demonstrably fits the bill perfectly and was the unanimous choice of our recruitment panel.”

Michael will replace Roger Draper, who leaves the LTA at the end of this month after more than seven years.  During the interim period, the LTA’s Chief Operating Officer, Nick Humby, will lead the Executive. 

www.lta.org.uk/News/2013/September/2013-09-23/Michael-Downey-appointed-LTA-Chief-Executive-/#sthash.51G7cbmM.dpuf

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4258 on: September 24, 2013, 05:42 PM »

Thanks Elena.  Let's hope, for the future of British tennis, that Michael Downey will live up to his reputation.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4259 on: October 01, 2013, 05:34 PM »

http://www.foxsports.com.au/tennis/tomic-dad-banned-from-australian-open/story-e6frf4mu-1226731210165?from=public_rss
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 283 [284] 285 286 287 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »