Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 127911 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4425 on: January 10, 2014, 10:40 PM »

Mind you, Nadal would be so preoccupied fiddling with himself that he probably wouldn't have noticed it!
Oh, Aileen - that's priceless!  Made me laugh out loud... Very Happy
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4426 on: January 10, 2014, 10:44 PM »

Brilliant! roflmao roflmao roflmao
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4427 on: January 10, 2014, 10:52 PM »

Aye, weel, I think we all needed a good laugh!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4428 on: January 11, 2014, 12:07 PM »

Oh, Aileen - that's priceless!  Made me laugh out loud... Very Happy

Me too!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4429 on: January 14, 2014, 06:59 PM »

http://www1.skysports.com/tennis/australian-open/story/29993/9115729/andy-murray-believes-australian-open-organisers-may-have-to-look-into-heat-concerns
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4430 on: January 14, 2014, 09:10 PM »

Y'know what, Elly? I was saying in another thread I didn't think that this would be a big problem for Andy because of the lack of humidity (which is a killer.)
But if he's speaking up about it, then I retract my statement.
He's there and I'm not.. and where there's sun and heat, I'm basking with my book and a 'refreshment' and not playing high level tennis for hours like him and his peers. no
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4431 on: January 14, 2014, 10:55 PM »

I do agree with what he says, and @Linda too.  Are the organisers going to have to wait until a player suffers a serious health issue or even death before they take any action?  Even the Aussies are finding the heat too much, seeking shade wherever they can, even if it is just to read a book, or splashing around in pools to cool themselves down, so how do the organisers think the players are going to feel?  True, Andy says that they're all conditioned to playing in these sort of temperatures, but not in matches lasting three hours or more.

Incidentally I noticed that Andy made full use of the 'iced' towel, whilst Soeda didn't bother with it.
[ Last edit by Aileen January 14, 2014, 11:00 PM ] IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4432 on: January 15, 2014, 11:13 AM »

All in all it seems that the timing of the Aussie Open does not suit anyone Its too close to the start of the tennis year and now the weather is too hot Perhaps its another example of how climate change is going to affect us in the future
  If the players and their health experts say its too hot to play tennis they should be listened to and appropriate changes made
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4433 on: January 15, 2014, 10:12 PM »

All in all it seems that the timing of the Aussie Open does not suit anyone Its too close to the start of the tennis year and now the weather is too hot Perhaps its another example of how climate change is going to affect us in the future
  If the players and their health experts say its too hot to play tennis they should be listened to and appropriate changes made
It's been very hot before so this is nothing very new, just a bit hotter than usual, and I agree it's too early in the year for a Slam.  Even moving it back two weeks would help, and the average temps then would be in the low to mid-20s.  Much more comfortable for the players and the spectators.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4434 on: January 15, 2014, 11:39 PM »

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4435 on: January 17, 2014, 02:24 PM »

Chris Kermode: ATP chairman on his vision for men's tennis

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/25773438
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4436 on: January 18, 2014, 06:47 PM »

Janko Tipsarevic ‏@TipsarevicJanko  4h
Became a daddy last night…:)

Wife of Serbian tennis player Janko Tipsarevic, Biljana, gave birth to a baby girl last night, Svet.rs reported.

Janko was present during birth, and as he announced earlier, a big celebration is being prepared at Jankovic’s home.
http://inserbia.info/news/2014/01/janko-and-biljana-tipsarevic-welcomed-baby-girl/
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4437 on: January 18, 2014, 09:50 PM »

Women's world number one Serena Williams has held out the possibility of lifting her 13-year boycott of the Indian Wells tournament after being inspired by a movie about Nelson Mandela, the American said at the Australian Open on Friday.

Bold choice there Serena, Venus is also expected to lift boycott.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4438 on: January 19, 2014, 12:57 AM »

Janko Tipsarevic ‏@TipsarevicJanko  4h
Became a daddy last night…:)

Wife of Serbian tennis player Janko Tipsarevic, Biljana, gave birth to a baby girl last night, Svet.rs reported.

Janko was present during birth, and as he announced earlier, a big celebration is being prepared at Jankovic’s home.
http://inserbia.info/news/2014/01/janko-and-biljana-tipsarevic-welcomed-baby-girl/
That's really love news.  Thanks.

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4439 on: January 19, 2014, 01:16 PM »

BERNARD Tomic will be sidelined for up to three months after scans revealed a mysterious but longstanding hip injury ruling him out of Australia's Davis Cup tie with France in a fortnight.

Tomic tried to delay surgery until after the January 31-February 2 tie, but was overruled by doctors. He will be operated on in the next week in Melbourne.

Tomic was jeered after retiring hurt one set into his first-round clash with Rafael Nadal last Tuesday, but further scans have confirmed the groin tear was related to his femoralacetabular impingement (FAI).

FAI is a condition affecting the hip joint in young and middle-aged adults, hindering agility and movement.

Dr Martin Clark said Tomic may have been hindered by FAI for up to a decade but expected him to make a full recovery in time for May's French Open.

..."It is remarkable that he has had the success he has had considering this hip condition. The good news is that it can be fixed with surgery with most athletes returning with superior agility and speed.

"It's a condition that a lot of people have.''
more at http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/bernard-tomic-out-of-action-for-12-weeks-due-to-have-surgery-on-hip-injury/story-fnkrowp0-1226805073628
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »