Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 127442 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4455 on: February 06, 2014, 10:46 PM »

To be fair Nadal could have one of those stomachs, one that reacts easily to stress or when he's a bit low. Either that or he's got the dodgiest stomach in tennis or a dodgy chef.

See, I tried to be sympathetic, but it didn't suit me.

Doesn't he do most of the cooking.  Perhaps he should get a chef. Lol. 

Stomach bug.  Yeah right!   
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4456 on: February 06, 2014, 10:50 PM »

Lying little ****....
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4457 on: February 06, 2014, 10:51 PM »

Lying little ****....

Language Angela!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4458 on: February 06, 2014, 11:05 PM »

I only said shite....without the E
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4459 on: February 06, 2014, 11:23 PM »

Doesn't he do most of the cooking.  Perhaps he should get a chef. Lol. 

Stomach bug.  Yeah right!   

That's a point, I'd forgotten that.

Rafa needs to ask Uncle Toni to come up with some better excuses to be honest. I mean, the stomach one is getting a bit old now.

What with Nadal's stomach and Djokovic exhausted after one tournament, the top two are not happy bunnies are they? Poor things.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4460 on: February 06, 2014, 11:57 PM »

What with Nadal's stomach and Djokovic exhausted after one tournament, the top two are not happy bunnies are they? Poor things.
A couple of prima donnas imo.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4461 on: February 07, 2014, 12:01 AM »

A couple of prima donnas if you ask me.

I couldn't have said it better myself Smile. Personally I wouldn't care if the pair of them fancied a year off, but they'll both make miraculous recoveries before long.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4462 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53 AM »

Nadal at an awards ceremony in Barcelona on Monday, so maybe he picked up his 'stomach virus' there as well??? Whistle

Rafa Nadal@RafaelNadal
Very happy to collect the award for excellence in sport in the 66 #galaMD Thanks to all @mundodeportivo!
10:15 PM - 3 Feb 2014

IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4463 on: February 07, 2014, 04:44 AM »

definitely biased, admittedly, but to me nole is not a prima-donna. he won *everything* he entered after the us open last year (where he reached the finals), i.e.,  1 500, 2 masters, and WTF, established another all time streak (ended at 28 matches, in the top 20 all time), beat the most top tens consecutively, and then he went on those argentinian exhos with rafa (which i think he shouldn't've but whatever). so i can see how he felt worn out. he had a super heavy fall season. and then mentally all those losses in crucial matches, plus a new coach, etc., might've all weighed on him. seems viable.

nadal, well, i didn't even know he was sick! i thought toni said his back was okay and he was playing buenos aries so i was surprised to read this news. however, it is the season when a lot of people are catching flus/colds, so am prepared to give him benefit of the doubt. although i agree with a lot of you that he does seem susceptible to a lot of stomach viruses....
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4464 on: February 07, 2014, 06:15 AM »

Yep not surprised at all. I predicted another "break". The Nadal farce rampages on.  Somewhere there must be an awesome spreadsheet tracking which excuses have been dusted off recently. I wonder if it the same stomach virus which "afflicted" him before the AO in 2013.  I imagine he is concentrating on getting himself in pristine fettle for the Clay Court season.

All I can say is 'here we go again'.  He is definitely running out of legitimate excuses so resorts to two which are difficult to refute.  Back pain is one of the most frequently used excuses for not being able to work as it is difficult to find a reason.  I do have back pain and definitely feel for those who have genuine back pain but it is so often used when not real.  As Masaka has said I am sure he will return in the clay season in tip top condition.  We shall have to see what happens at Wimbledon.  These injury breaks are occurring more often now.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4465 on: February 07, 2014, 08:07 AM »

"Since I came back from the Australian Open with my back injury I have not been able to train," he said in Thursday's video, which came against a backdrop of several trophies. "I had hoped to train this morning but could not because of a stomach virus...it is impossible for me to prepare adequately for a competition as important as the one in Buenos Aires."

I'm sure he said very similar words before pulling out of last year's Australian Open.

Oh yes, he did. Here they are:

"I am sorry and very sad to announce that I will not play in the Australian Open," Nadal said. "My knee is coming along okay, but a stomach virus has left me unable to get ready in time to tackle the rigours of a grand slam."
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4466 on: February 07, 2014, 08:46 AM »

I would go as far as  to say that when it comes to Djokovic if he is exhausted so early in the season (he had an off season like everyone else, if he chose not to use it that is his problem) he should get himself checked out by a doctor.

As for Nadal, it beggars belief to me that people swallow the utter twaddle the bloke spouts. The back injury was believable, even I don't think he would have played like that in a major final unless he was injured, so if he'd said his back was still bad I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. The stomach virus thing is a well worn excuse.

Give me Andy above the pair of them every time. Andy has been open about his back injury, but hasn't played the sympathy card. He hasn't made a song and dance about coming back either, he's clearly worked hard to get back in business.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4467 on: February 07, 2014, 08:58 AM »

My view is that he looked at the AO and knew Murray was still coming back, He walks all over Ferrer and Federer, and is aware that Djokovic is having a bit of a crisis of confidence at the moment. He wouldn't have considered anyone else. As a result he and his were a bit lax in their "preparation".

I imagine he is spending his little break doing a bit of cycling to get fit for the clay.

Interesting that the "knees" are not being trotted out much these days. I imagine he and his team have realised that that one is no longer even vaguely credible.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4468 on: February 07, 2014, 09:32 AM »

"I imagine he is spending his little break doing a bit of cycling to get fit for the clay."

Luvvit. He does enjoy a spot of pedalling.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4469 on: February 07, 2014, 09:50 AM »

"Stomach virus" is surely a euphemism for "can't be arsed?"
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »