Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 127635 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4485 on: February 07, 2014, 08:05 PM »

Let Nadal and Djokovic stay away more points for Andy.
I really don't mind, LB - because I know Andy's points are earned honestly, and that's what matters.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4486 on: February 07, 2014, 09:01 PM »

I really don't mind, LB - because I know Andy's points are earned honestly, and that's what matters.
True - but I hate to think of him losing tournaments, and ranking points, to cheats. Frown
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4487 on: February 07, 2014, 09:05 PM »

True - but I hate to think of him losing tournaments, and ranking points, to cheats. Frown
Me too - but there's not a lot he can do about that, and he has the sense to know it - so no point in getting bent out of shape about it.  Be the bigger man and move onwards and upwards.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4488 on: February 07, 2014, 09:17 PM »

Me too - but there's not a lot he can do about that, and he has the sense to know it.
At least I get comfort from knowing that his legacy will be a clean and that he's an excellent role model for youngsters.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4489 on: February 07, 2014, 09:19 PM »

At least I get comfort from knowing that his legacy will be a clean and that he's an excellent role model for youngsters.
Totally, Aileen. I think that's why we all love him to bits.  Smile
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4490 on: February 07, 2014, 09:43 PM »

Me too - but there's not a lot he can do about that, and he has the sense to know it - so no point in getting bent out of shape about it.  Be the bigger man and move onwards and upwards.

Although some posters here, and probably elsewhere,  have decided Nadal and Djoko(?) are cheats and liars, I don't think Andy has ever said anything to suggest he thinks they are. He was pretty sympathetic to Rafa in his blog from Melbourne recently:

"But Rafa has had to deal with injuries during his career and some of them have been very serious – he missed seven months in 2012 because of his knee problems.

And a couple of days ago, when he was playing Nishikori, he had to call for the trainer to have treatment for blisters. Most people would think that doesn’t sound like much – professional athletes should be strong enough to handle blisters – but something like that really does matter.

...With Rafa, would the people watching rather Rafa got the physio on and had his blisters treated or would they want him to walk off the court and says ‘sorry, my hands and feet are too sore, I can’t play any more’? I think they’d rather watch him finish the match".

Andy's Australian Open Column 5 - The Melbourne Age. Tuesday, January 21 2014
http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/archive/
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4491 on: February 07, 2014, 09:54 PM »

Although some posters here, and probably elsewhere,  have decided Nadal and Djoko(?) are cheats and liars, I don't think Andy has ever said anything to suggest he thinks they are. He was pretty sympathetic to Rafa in his blog from Melbourne recently:

"But Rafa has had to deal with injuries during his career and some of them have been very serious – he missed seven months in 2012 because of his knee problems.

And a couple of days ago, when he was playing Nishikori, he had to call for the trainer to have treatment for blisters. Most people would think that doesn’t sound like much – professional athletes should be strong enough to handle blisters – but something like that really does matter.

...With Rafa, would the people watching rather Rafa got the physio on and had his blisters treated or would they want him to walk off the court and says ‘sorry, my hands and feet are too sore, I can’t play any more’? I think they’d rather watch him finish the match".

Andy's Australian Open Column 5 - The Melbourne Age. Tuesday, January 21 2014
http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/archive/
Andy wouldn't get into that kind of talk - not his style.  What he does on court is his only concern. 

As for Rafa's injuries - they were bound to happen to a boy who looked like a man as a teenager.  It's well documented that he was encouraged to play left handed, despite being right handed naturally, to give him the advantage.  For me - I would rather Rafa were honest, but that's not an option for him.  He is not his own person. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4492 on: February 07, 2014, 09:57 PM »

I think Andy is the sort of person who sees the positives in most people, so I'm happy to let him believe what he wants to believe about Rafa.  After all he is a lot closer to him than we are.

It's an interesting blog though, but I do wish am.com wouldn't use white print on a pale blue background.  It isn't very easy to read, or at least that's what I find.

As for Rafa's injuries - they were bound to happen to a boy who looked like a man as a teenager.  It's well documented that he was encouraged to play left handed, despite being right handed naturally, to give him the advantage.  For me - I would rather Rafa were honest, but that's not an option for him.  He is not his own person. 
I think most people know he's entirely under Uncle Toni's thumb, and to be honest I wouldn't trust Toni to post a letter.  Unfortunately Rafa's whole style of play is wrecking his body and will continue to do so because it's too late now for him to do anything to change it.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 07, 2014, 10:01 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4493 on: February 07, 2014, 10:01 PM »

It's an interesting blog though, but I do wish am.com wouldn't use white print on a pale blue background.  It isn't very easy to read, or at least that's what I find.

I agree with that!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4494 on: February 07, 2014, 10:51 PM »

Lol at believing that one person in the top 10 is doping but the rest of the tour is clean, just lol. If one is doping, the rest probably are too. Hate to say it.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4495 on: February 07, 2014, 11:18 PM »

Lol at believing that one person in the top 10 is doping but the rest of the tour is clean, just lol. If one is doping, the rest probably are too. Hate to say it.

Rubbish!! Are you trying to say "if" rafa is doping then andy,novak delpo,fed etc all are too?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4496 on: February 07, 2014, 11:27 PM »

Well, as the saying goes, there's always one rotten apple in every barrel ...
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4497 on: February 07, 2014, 11:37 PM »

Don't mean to be rude in any way,but knowing how heated opinions on doping can get,if this is going to turn into a discussion on doping and the possibilities of Rafa/others doing it/not doing it,could we maybe please move it to the doping thread?

(That said,I was startled when Nigel pointed out the similarities between the stomach thing last year and this.It really is a bit improbable!)
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4498 on: February 07, 2014, 11:38 PM »

Rubbish!! Are you trying to say "if" rafa is doping then andy,novak delpo,fed etc all are too?

How do you believe that one player can be doping but still be beatable, yet the ones that are beating him are not doping? It doesn't make sense at all.

Even in Cycling where there was multiple dopers when the scandal hit .
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4499 on: February 07, 2014, 11:54 PM »

How do you believe that one player can be doping but still be beatable, yet the ones that are beating him are not doping? It doesn't make sense at all.

Even in Cycling where there was multiple dopers when the scandal hit .
Just how many players managed to beat Nadal during his 'incredible' comeback last year?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »