Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 129734 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4590 on: March 21, 2014, 12:26 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/26676844

Bernard Tomic is such a waste of space.

Well, with a father like that, whaddya expect? The man is a complete  Hitler

Hmm, doesn't seem to be an emoticon for t***** Think or would've used it.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4591 on: March 21, 2014, 02:20 PM »

Speaking of Becker: he will not be in Djokovic's box in Miami as he has to undergo an urgent surgery on both his hips. This is obviously an ongoing problem as Becker has already had a hip replacement if I am not mistaken.
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4592 on: March 21, 2014, 05:04 PM »

Mock the week tonight on sports relief and Andy will be on there. 10-30 i think.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4593 on: March 22, 2014, 12:14 AM »

Mock the week tonight on sports relief and Andy will be on there. 10-30 i think.
I knew he was going to be on but had no idea when, so have presumably missed it.  Hopefully somebody might upload it either on here or YouTube, or maybe even am.com.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4594 on: March 22, 2014, 01:01 PM »

it's been posted on the video thread Aileen. 
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4595 on: March 22, 2014, 01:42 PM »

Del Potro has taken wrist injury, with no chance he will return this year.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Breaking-Season-Ended-for-Juan-Martin-Del-Potro-Wrist-surgery-for-the-Argentine-yet-again-articolo16801.html

That means because he has 5055 points to defend until the end of the year, he will enter next year ranked 9,999th.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray March 22, 2014, 01:47 PM ] IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4596 on: March 22, 2014, 01:45 PM »

Oh no Frown We think what Andy is going through- and what we're going through as his fans- is hard right now; but god,it could be so much worse.Poor,poor Delpo- he's gone through so much already.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4597 on: March 22, 2014, 02:57 PM »

That's sad for Delpo, but I can't say I'm terribly surprised. The situation with his wrists must be such a worry for him. I wish him well.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4598 on: March 22, 2014, 03:01 PM »

I wish Delpo well too - he really has had the most rotten luck.  At the time, I was annoyed that he had won a Major before Andy but now I'm glad that he has US Open victory to look back on as he may well never get another chance.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4599 on: March 22, 2014, 04:01 PM »

well I'm not a fan but I wouldn't wish that on anyone -poor guy to have to go through all that for a second time.  Re his ranking won't he get protected status at a certain number of tournaments?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4600 on: March 23, 2014, 03:24 AM »

it's been posted on the video thread Aileen. 
Thanks Ruthie.

Del Potro has taken wrist injury, with no chance he will return this year.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Breaking-Season-Ended-for-Juan-Martin-Del-Potro-Wrist-surgery-for-the-Argentine-yet-again-articolo16801.html

That means because he has 5055 points to defend until the end of the year, he will enter next year ranked 9,999th.
That is just so very sad.  I had great hopes for Delpo. Frown    I'm just glad that he's at least won a Slam during his career, and that against the great Fed as well.  I remember watching that match, and it was a real nail-biter.

Surely he'll have a protected ranking though?

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4601 on: March 29, 2014, 04:55 AM »

Statement from Mayo Clinic on Del Potro’s Surgery

(March 24, 2014) 2009 U.S. Open champion Juan Martin del Potro underwent surgery on his left wrist on Monday at the Mayo Clinic. Dr. Richard Berger of Rochester, Minn., performed the surgery. He who also performed the surgery on Del Potro’s right wrist in 2010.

The Mayo Clinic released the following statement:

Juan Martin del Potro underwent surgery on his left wrist today at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota by Dr. Richard Berger. During the operation, it was discovered that the damage to his wrist ligaments was worse than expected based upon the high resolution imaging obtained before the surgery. Even so, the surgery went very well and as planned. The damaged ligaments were repaired and reinforced.

The surgery did not require hospitalization and Juan Martin is recovering comfortably. It is expected that he will make a full recovery and on schedule as originally planned. Dr. Berger did note, however, that “Given the degree of damage that was discovered in Juan Martin’s wrist, it is amazing he was able to play at all. It is the result of his passion for the sport, his drive to play well and his strength that he was able to last this long. I can’t wait to see him play at full strength again”.

http://www.tennispanorama.com/archives/45489

And Delpo posted this photo, taken in the recovery room, on his Facebook (the card he has on his chest is a blessing he received from the Pope), along with a message -

Hola a todos, acá todavía dolorido por la operación. Por suerte salió todo bien.
Muchas gracias por las muestras de afecto de todos ustedes. Acá les dejo una foto con el doctor Berger y con Franco.
////////////////////
Hi everyone, here I am, still sore from the surgery. Luckily everything went well.
Thank you very much for the nice messages you are sending me. Here’s a picture with Dr. Berger and Franco [Davin, his coach]
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4602 on: April 16, 2014, 01:56 AM »

Venus Williams has announced that this will be her final year on tour. The end of a glorious career.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4603 on: April 16, 2014, 03:26 AM »

Venus Williams has announced that this will be her final year on tour. The end of a glorious career.
Obviously you think today is 1st April. lol
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4604 on: April 16, 2014, 10:18 PM »

Well Delpo definately went to the right place for his surgery, best doctors around!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 306 [307] 308 309 310 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »