Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 118419 times)
KitKat
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #45 on: March 13, 2008, 02:44 PM »

Theres a good article on Guardian.co.uk dated 13 March about Andys knee problems, the reporter says that there are x-rays available to prove that he wasn't lying about his knee before DC.
IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #46 on: March 13, 2008, 03:21 PM »

Yes, that's mentioned in the article, it cost £1000 and he has to wear it for 20mins a day for the next 150 days.  It's to try and bring the gap between the 2 sections of his knee together abit.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #47 on: March 14, 2008, 11:02 AM »

This forum does odd things from time to time - last night when I posted this, the subject/heading was 'CLOSING ON NO 1' and this was showing in the Index - today that subject/heading has disappeared to be replaced with News Article General Tennis or something equally blah  Eyebrow raise.  How does this happen - Gremlins in the system ?

The topics original name or subject is "News articles (General Tennis)". While a user can change the subject of an individual post to a new name, and it will appear in the index, this is changed back when a reply is made to the topic to the original title unless you again change it to what you want. Hope that makes sense (and hope that's right)
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #48 on: March 14, 2008, 11:06 AM »

Indeed, it wouldn't be very good if someone other than the topic starter could change the title of the thread.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #49 on: March 14, 2008, 11:08 AM »

This forum does odd things from time to time - last night when I posted this, the subject/heading was 'CLOSING ON NO 1' and this was showing in the Index - today that subject/heading has disappeared to be replaced with News Article General Tennis or something equally blah  Eyebrow raise.  How does this happen - Gremlins in the system ?

Seems you've just popped it in the wrong thread. Cause Closing in on No 1 thread does exist...(well actually it's battle for no 1)
[ Last edit by ljsmall March 14, 2008, 11:09 AM ] IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #50 on: March 14, 2008, 11:33 AM »

I think i created the battle for number 1 thread after thomasredlegs posted her news story... (what can we call you, by the way, thomasredlegs?)
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #51 on: March 14, 2008, 12:05 PM »

I understand what you say but don't understand the logic of the topic returning to tis original title because a reply has been made ?

Simple, when you click "Reply" the forum software fills in "Subject" automatically. It does this by taking and copying the subject of the first reply as that's USUALLY what people are talking about in latter posts. Smile
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #52 on: March 14, 2008, 01:05 PM »

Wrong thread?  I must be dense.

Nope, seems that's me. It's all beyond me anyway. I usually just use the quick reply box anyway.

But with something like that you could just create a new topic. There's a button for that on each board's main menu. (but then you know that cause you've created topics before... ignore me. I'm speaking crap!)
[ Last edit by ljsmall March 14, 2008, 01:06 PM ] IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #53 on: March 14, 2008, 01:08 PM »

lol
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #54 on: March 14, 2008, 01:15 PM »

It's ok ...... I am no geek - lot's of other things (all of them nice !!) Wink

Naughty :P Wink lmao
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #55 on: March 14, 2008, 02:43 PM »

lmao
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #56 on: March 19, 2008, 04:32 PM »

Hawk-eye Rules unified

The four tennis governing bodies, the ITF, ATP, WTA Tour and Grand Slams, have agreed to adopt a unified challenge system in all tournaments.

Players will be allowed to make up to four unsuccessful challenges per set at any tournament that uses electronic line-calling systems.

Since Hawk-Eye technology was introduced tournaments had been allowed to set their own rules for the system.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #57 on: March 19, 2008, 04:38 PM »

That's good news Smile
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #58 on: March 19, 2008, 07:40 PM »

Is it just me or did the umpire make a mistake with Karlovic's challenges number in the 3rd set. Not that it mattered because he didn't use it but after Ivo's second incorrect challenge the umpire said Mr Karlovic has one challenge remaining. Could have been quite important. 4 challenges is quite a lot though. I think we'll see them used more if they get that many.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #59 on: March 19, 2008, 08:35 PM »

This is going to make it even more exciting for everyone watching.
[ Last edit by Allan March 19, 2008, 08:36 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »