Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 127688 times)
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #720 on: October 22, 2009, 05:54 PM »

Marat Safin marked his final appearance in the Kremlin Cup with a shock first-round win over top seed Nikolay Davydenko.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12110_5642954,00.html
I love him tender
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #721 on: October 22, 2009, 08:33 PM »

This is his home event and Davydenko hasn't fully recovered from the Shanghai exertions so I hope Safin will do well and maybe win this tournament.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #722 on: October 22, 2009, 08:43 PM »

Safin went out to Korolev.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #723 on: October 22, 2009, 08:54 PM »

Thanks Allan.  That is a real shame.  I was hoping that he would do well in Moskow.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #724 on: October 22, 2009, 10:33 PM »

Safin went out to Korolev.
Very SadVery SadVery Sad I guess that's just life....
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: Tennis News « Reply #725 on: October 25, 2009, 09:11 AM »

Roger Federer brushed off the rumour saying that he'll extended his break all the way into the New Year.

He wrote this on Facebook yesterday.
"I have been back practicing and training now for some time and all is going well. I feel much better. I am looking forward to playing my hometown tournament in Basel . I have also had a chance to spend some amazing time with my family. Myla and Charlene are doing great. After training yesterday, Mirka and I took them for a walk along Lake Zurich. I am always excited to be back in Switzerland!"
Federer will be playing on his home soil in Basel again to defend his Davidoff Swiss Indoors title which he has won from 2006 to 2008.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #726 on: October 26, 2009, 10:30 PM »

The perfect men’s tennis player

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2009/10/the-perfect-mens-tennis-player/

Andy Murray's name isn't even mentioned in this article.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #727 on: October 31, 2009, 01:28 PM »

Agassi's '90s hairstyle 'was a wig'

Andre Agassi has reportedly revealed that the long, golden locks that he sported for most of the 1990s were a wig.

The tennis star said that it was his ex-wife Brooke Shields who eventually persuaded him to shave his head and to rid himself of the "chain" that he was carrying around.

Writing in his autobiography Open, Agassi said: "Every morning I would get up and find another piece of my identity on the pillow, in the wash basin, down the plughole.

"I asked myself, 'You want to wear a toupee? On the tennis court?' I answered myself: 'What else could I do?'"

The 39-year-old said that his first Grand Slam final performance at the French Open in 1990 was hampered by fears that the hairpiece may fall off.

He said: "With each leap, I imagine it falling into the sand. I imagine millions of spectators move closer to their TV sets, their eyes widening and, in dozens of dialects and languages, ask how Andre Agassi's hair has fallen from his head."

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #728 on: October 31, 2009, 02:03 PM »

^ I wonder why he thought 'What else could I do?'  I wonder why it didn't occur to him just to shave his head and be done with it, rather than play with the fear of his wig falling off?  Think  Silly sod.  

Baldness or a shaved head on a man doesn't normally detract from his 'attractiveness' but, on the other hand, a toupee does.... IMO.  
[ Last edit by Elly October 31, 2009, 02:15 PM ] IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #729 on: October 31, 2009, 02:32 PM »

What I wonder about that extract from his book ^ is how much of it is baloney.  I seem to recall he had a contract with L'Oreal (I think) or one of the other big hair product companies.  So why would they be sponsoring him and why would he be featuring in their ads depicting hair products if he was wearing a wig!
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #730 on: October 31, 2009, 08:58 PM »

Thanks Daisy for the article.

I really like the way Andy's weakness is well exposed in your article.  It makes good sense for Andy to bring someone in with good technical knowledge to help Andy beef up his forehand.

The perfect men’s tennis player

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2009/10/the-perfect-mens-tennis-player/

Andy Murray's name isn't even mentioned in this article.

IP Logged
KitKat
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #731 on: November 06, 2009, 03:15 PM »

Yanina Wickmeyer and Xavier Malisse have both been given 1 year suspensions by the Anti Doping folks, they had not given details of their whereabouts and Malisse also missed a drugs test.  I can't see Malisse coming back from this.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #732 on: November 06, 2009, 03:59 PM »

Yanina Wickmeyer and Xavier Malisse have both been given 1 year suspensions by the Anti Doping folks, they had not given details of their whereabouts and Malisse also missed a drugs test.  I can't see Malisse coming back from this.

Does this whereabouts testing happen in all sports?  I don't think so, which seems rather unfair Think
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Tennis News « Reply #733 on: November 07, 2009, 06:49 PM »

Gulbis was defaulted from the Qualifying of the Paris Masters today because... he didn't turn up to his match. WTF!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #734 on: November 07, 2009, 07:17 PM »

roflmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »