Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 130606 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3210 on: September 21, 2012, 12:50 AM »

How about the Stirlingshire Superman?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3211 on: September 21, 2012, 07:50 AM »

No idea how recent the picture is but the AO FB site have recently posted this.

IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3212 on: September 21, 2012, 08:31 AM »

It is a recent photo Bev - Rafa posted it yesterday on his Facebook page. Nice to see he keeps the AO towel! Smile
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3213 on: September 21, 2012, 09:54 AM »

How about the Stirlingshire Superman?

When did Dunblane become part of Stirlingshire?  I know county boundaries have changed over time but I'm pretty sure Dunblane is still part of Perthshire although it is administered from Stirling.
[ Last edit by Alis September 21, 2012, 09:58 AM ] IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3214 on: September 21, 2012, 02:14 PM »

When did Dunblane become part of Stirlingshire?  I know county boundaries have changed over time but I'm pretty sure Dunblane is still part of Perthshire although it is administered from Stirling.
  I think the answer to that is that technically Counties don't exist any more.  They actually disappeared in 1975 when the Regions, which themselves are now no more, were established.  But historically of course, you're right. Dunblane is in Perthshire. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3215 on: September 21, 2012, 05:54 PM »

I think the answer to that is that technically Counties don't exist any more.  They actually disappeared in 1975 when the Regions, which themselves are now no more, were established.  But historically of course, you're right. Dunblane is in Perthshire. 
So it is.  How could I have forgotten that when I used to visit the place so often. doh  I think it was the Freedom of Stirling thing that threw me.

IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3216 on: September 21, 2012, 10:18 PM »

I see that Davydenko bagelled Karlovic in a 3rd set after saving a match point for a defeat in 2 tie-breaks.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3217 on: September 21, 2012, 11:31 PM »

Good news. It either shows Karlovic is not mentally strong once his resistance is broken or is unfit.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3218 on: September 22, 2012, 12:24 AM »

Very interesting Q&A session with Janko Tipsarevic by ESPNSTAR.com [21 Sept]

Despite the title it certainly is not all about the Top Four!

http://www.espnstar.com/tennis/news/detail/item859664/Tipsarevic:-Top-four-have-set-bar-high/
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3219 on: September 22, 2012, 08:04 AM »

Thanks Aileen.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3220 on: September 25, 2012, 02:54 PM »

I expect poor Mirka is sick to death of traipsing round the world after him with two active toddlers in tow.  She was reported as saying recently that she no longer feels comfortable watching his matches, and that certainly is obvious.

How many of us would enjoy watching our partner at work every day?  I'm sure it's a novelty at first, but many years down the line, it would become a chore.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3221 on: September 26, 2012, 05:32 PM »

Karlovic v Raonic in Bangkok tomorrow. Wouldn't want to be a linesman in that one!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3222 on: September 26, 2012, 05:51 PM »

The battle of the big servers.  Looks like it could be a boring match to watch.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3223 on: September 26, 2012, 06:18 PM »

Rafael Nadal admits injury may force him to miss Australian Open  [Guardian, 25 Sept]

Rafael Nadal is confident he will return from a knee injury and has no doubts about his long-term future – but the world No4 has admitted he may not be fit in time to play at the Australian Open in January.

The Spaniard has missed the past three months with a problem concerning his right patella and has not played a match since his defeat by Lukas Rosol at Wimbledon in June. Having been forced to sit out the Olympic Games – where he was due to be the flag-bearer for Spain at the opening ceremony and defend the title he won in 2008 – and the US Open, he is itching to make his comeback. But he concedes his participation in the opening major of 2013, in Melbourne, is under threat.

"I hope you see me in Australia," he said. That is the biggest goal for me, to come back just before then in Qatar, but I cannot say for sure it is going to happen."

"I am working as much as I can, I am doing everything they tell me to every day and the truth is that right now things are going well, more or less. The only thing is that I need a bit more time. We'll see how things develop in the next few weeks but my priority is to recover well, not quickly but well," he added.

"I want to be 100% when I come back. I don't want to keep playing every day with doubts, not knowing if my knee is going to answer all the questions."

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3224 on: September 27, 2012, 06:54 PM »

Here's something much more cheerful.  I love it when the players let their hair down and get involved in something like this.

"Alejandro Falla, Alexandr Dolgopolov and Ross Hutchins bake cookies for charity in Kuala Lumpur. See how they turned out"

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/9/24/Kuala-Lumpur-2012---Cookie-Baking-For-Charity.aspx?utm_source=ATPMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ATP%20World%20Tour%20Insider%20#39
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »