Can't believe you didn't add the USO final to that list.
That match was incredible and it took me two days to recover I was so drained.
Hi Aileen and all,
I agree with having been drained after the USO final. It was wonderful though, a night I wouldn't have missed for the world. I'll never forget it. I still don't quite know why my every instinct during the USO was telling me that it was Andy's time. Even when he was down a set and 5-1 to Cilic, even when he lost the two set lead to Djokovic in the final, something just told me he was going to be all right. I think that's why I was so drained to honest. I was scared to death my faith in him would jinx him lol.
My highlights of 2012, at least to date, and why:
1. The USO final, for sheer guts and bloodyminded will to win, this one tops everything.
2. The Olympic final, 6-2 6-1 6-4 on Centre Court against Federer!!!
3. The Olympic semi final, the roar when Andy won was incredible. Get rid of the Pimm's brigade, I want these crowds for Andy.
4. Mr. Raonic's lesson in humility at the USO, for obvious reasons.
5. Andy beating Berdych at the USO, purely because Andy won and Berdych didn't.
6. The semi at the AO against Djokovic. Not the outcome I would have wanted, but still a classic.
7. The third round match against Llodra at the AO. Never let it be said that modern tennis isn't entertaining. This one was, and played in such a lovely spirit.
8. The semi against Tsonga at Wimbledon. A moment of joyous history.
9. Shanghai semi against Federer. Straight sets! Someone just has to put the fifth game of the first set on to Youtube. I wasn't feeling well and it made me laugh! Three double faults!
10. The Dubai semi against Djokovic. Might seem an odd choice, but for me this one was one of the first indications of how this year would be for Andy. For some reason this match told me that Andy could beat Djokovic on grass. Seeing as Dubai is on hard, your guess is as good as mine for how my mind works!!