Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 121216 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3330 on: October 18, 2012, 08:28 PM »

Sorry if this is old news, but Nadal has confirmed for ATP500 in Acapulco next Feb.
Bad news for Ferrer.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3331 on: October 18, 2012, 08:34 PM »

^ Indeed.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3332 on: October 20, 2012, 03:42 AM »

And in Stockholm Monfils lost 3-6 6-1 3-6 to Rosenholm (WR 436), then pulled out of doubles, so he's obviously not fit yet. It was said after Shanghai that his problems are due to his bipartite patella, a condition he shares with Andy.
That's interesting because it's quite rare.  Anyway I understand Monfils is also pulling out of Paris, so that's his season over.  Meanwhile Nadal is saying he might yet play at the WTF.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3333 on: October 20, 2012, 06:03 AM »

That's interesting because it's quite rare.  Anyway I understand Monfils is also pulling out of Paris, so that's his season over.  Meanwhile Nadal is saying he might yet play at the WTF.

That is good news....really want to see Rafa back in action.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3334 on: October 20, 2012, 07:46 PM »

That is good news....really want to see Rafa back in action.
I'll believe Rafa's return when it happens.  If you read the ATP news as I do this saga changes almost from day to day.  One minute it's the WTF, then it's the AO, then it's back to the WTF ... and so it goes on ...
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3335 on: October 20, 2012, 07:57 PM »

I don't think it'll be the WTF - it's Rafa's worse surface and after so many months away it's hard to imagine him getting wins over the top 8 players which wouldn't do his confidence any good. Plus if he played there, it would put pressure on him to play the Davis Cup final in the Czech Republic (they're using a super-fast indoor court) which again isn't a surface that would suit him.

Toni Nadal recently said that Rafa will be in Abu Dhabi and that sounds like a good warmup tournament to play in December before the season starts properly. Then he'll probably play Doha and then the AO.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3336 on: October 20, 2012, 08:17 PM »

Toni Nadal recently said that Rafa will be in Abu Dhabi and that sounds like a good warmup tournament to play in December before the season starts properly. Then he'll probably play Doha and then the AO.
That makes a lot more sense Katie, whatever else Rafa might be thinking/wishing.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3337 on: October 21, 2012, 01:10 PM »

Hi All,

I will eat my hat if Nadal is at the WTF. What would be the point? He's good, but I can't imagine he'd go far at the WTF after almost 6 months out. It's also on a surface Rafa doesn't like. I still would not be remotely surprised if he was out until the AO at least. Part of me wonders if this could lead to him not coming back at all, but we'll see.

I have to say, I think this whole thing with Rafa has been managed really badly. Putting aside all the differing comments about when he will be back, there have have different comments about what is actually wrong with him. First it was said to be tendonitis again. Then it was described as Hoffa's Syndrome, an inflammation of the fatpad of the knee. Then it was said to be a partially torn tendon in the knee.

The thing is, all of these different comments are fuelling the rumour mill, certainly on the internet, and yet Rafa's team seems to be oblivious to that. I know they can choose to ignore the rumours, because they know what is really going on, and of course Rafa has a right to privacy, but I do think they've made a rod for their own backs with all the confusion.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3338 on: October 22, 2012, 01:09 AM »

It must be really frustrating for his fans not knowing exactly what the problem is or how much it's likely to affect his career.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3339 on: October 22, 2012, 07:40 AM »

It must be really frustrating for his fans not knowing exactly what the problem is or how much it's likely to affect his career.

Yeah, though I like Andy more than Rafa, I feel really bad for him and wanna know when he is gonna come back. He is an amazing player who still has a lot more to achieve and hope he comes back next year in a proper condition to play..
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3340 on: October 23, 2012, 10:23 PM »

Baby Baggy - sweet!

Does Baby Zahara Baghdatis look like her Daddy? http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/10/Features/Baghdatis-Becomes-A-Father.aspx … #atp #tennis pic.twitter.com/YzeDHbII
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3341 on: October 24, 2012, 12:13 AM »

Thanks Elena.  What a beautiful picture. Smile  Baggy looks so happy and, yes, there is a resemblance there!  Really like her name too.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3342 on: October 24, 2012, 05:56 AM »

Thanks Elena.  What a beautiful picture. Smile  Baggy looks so happy and, yes, there is a resemblance there!  Really like her name too.

Yeah, the name is really cute, my cousin's name so extra special..
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3343 on: October 24, 2012, 10:00 AM »

Adorable pic! Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3344 on: October 24, 2012, 10:32 AM »

Baby Baggy - sweet!

Does Baby Zahara Baghdatis look like her Daddy? http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/10/Features/Baghdatis-Becomes-A-Father.aspx … #atp #tennis pic.twitter.com/YzeDHbII

What a lovely pic. She's a little smasher, bless her, and she does look like her Dad. Baggy looks so pleased with himself, and rightly so, she's gorgeous.

Wow, it seems babies are popping out all over the place. We've got two due in the family in the next few weeks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »