Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 ... 307 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Tennis News  (Read 108575 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3420 on: November 03, 2012, 01:22 PM »

Interesting how Boris has become much more positive about Andy in recent months.  He used to be pretty critical but he can clearly see the transformation that has taken place and has the sense to discount glitches like Paris.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/atptour/9652918/Boris-Becker-Andy-Murray-against-Novak-Djokovic-is-the-hottest-ticket-in-world-tennis.html
and here it is, definitely worth a read
[ Last edit by Ruthie November 03, 2012, 01:26 PM ] IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3421 on: November 03, 2012, 02:01 PM »

omg what a tough draw for Andy at WTF Nole Andy Berdshite and Tsonga
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3422 on: November 04, 2012, 12:38 PM »

I agree tamila. Kids in Scotland usually start languages too late. They should perhaps start about 7 years old the younger the better. It is nice to be fluent in another language. Basically people hear are too lazy to learn.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3423 on: November 04, 2012, 04:55 PM »

I agree tamila. Kids in Scotland usually start languages too late. They should perhaps start about 7 years old the younger the better. It is nice to be fluent in another language. Basically people hear are too lazy to learn.
I would lay the blame on the education board rather than the students.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3424 on: November 09, 2012, 12:22 AM »

Tell me this guy doesn't look exactly like Berdych.

[ Last edit by TheMadHatter November 09, 2012, 12:25 AM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3425 on: November 09, 2012, 02:28 PM »

This guy doesn't look exactly like Berdych. That's you told. Very Happy
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3426 on: November 10, 2012, 05:35 PM »

Aileen.. it's offline because it was live at 7pm. I saw a bit of it. Nole was great, a real natural.
A big reason for his popularity is due to his interaction with his fans.

I actually think Andy would be good at this. He's a natural too when he's not in a formal environment, most people have no idea how funny he is. He'd probably enjoy it more than the oh-so-tedious press stuff he has to do, and he could get the doggies in the act too. Maggie is already a star in her own right. Very Happy

I would love to see Muzza give this a try.  One of my fave groups do them on a regular basis and it builds up a great rapport with the fanbase.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3427 on: November 11, 2012, 04:59 AM »

Tell me this guy doesn't look exactly like Berdych.

Uhh, in which angle??  confused

Btw, I feel that this guy looks like Berdych...not exactly though.
Paul Bettany.

And this is Berdych...just for comparison

[ Last edit by ZARFEEN15 November 11, 2012, 04:46 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3428 on: November 11, 2012, 11:03 AM »

How are you not seeing it?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3429 on: November 11, 2012, 02:43 PM »

How are you not seeing it?

Maybe from a far distance and almost closing your eyes and picturing Berdych in your head and convincing yourself that he looks like Berdych...
Ahh, now he looks like Berdy! w00t
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3430 on: November 11, 2012, 04:42 PM »

Berdych is definitely better looking than both. also, I am not seeing any resemblance as far as any of those are concerned.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3431 on: November 11, 2012, 06:58 PM »

There is a slight resemblance but I would say Berdych is better looking.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3432 on: November 11, 2012, 10:42 PM »

There is a slight resemblance but I would say Berdych is better looking.

That is obvious. Berdy does look good.

Btw, resemblance to who?
The guy in the video or the photos?
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3433 on: November 12, 2012, 01:23 AM »

From the ATP site

World No. 3 Andy Murray saw his breakthrough season come to an end on Sunday after falling 7-6(5), 6-2 to Roger Federer in the semi-finals of the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London. But all was not lost for Murray, who reflected that a changed mentality on court has propelled him to greater satisfaction, even in defeat.

“I was going for my shots tonight. In the second set, I didn't hit the ball great, but I was still trying to make things happen, still trying to go for my shots rather than letting him dictate every single point, which sometimes in the past I had done,” said Murray.

“I think that's what I have to be most pleased with because when I had opportunities in big matches this year, I did try and take them. I went for it. I still need to learn sometimes a little bit when that's off and I'm not hitting it as well to rein it in a little bit. That's something that will come with time. But that would be the thing I'm most pleased with, that I've been trying to go out there and win matches rather than waiting for my opponent to lose them.”

The 25 year old etched himself in the history books on numerous occasions in 2012. After becoming the first homegrown player to reach the Wimbledon final since 1938, Murray won his country’s first gold medal for tennis in 104 years at the London 2012 Olympics, avenging his Wimbledon loss to Federer. Murray then capped off a trio of milestones by lifting his first major trophy at the US Open, ending Great Britain’s 76-year wait for a male Grand Slam titlist.

“I would have liked to have finished with a win. But that didn't happen,” Murray said. “But for me, it's been the best year of my career by a mile. So why I would look back on that negatively now would be silly because I've achieved things I've never achieved before. I have to look back on it positively. If I don't, then that would be worrying.”

Prior to attaining all his new successes, the Dunblane, Scotland native brought in a new coach, eight-time major champion Ivan Lendl, to join Team Murray. Lendl’s appointment began with an immediate triumph at the Brisbane International, but the physiological impact of the former World No. 1 was evident when Murray responded to his Wimbledon disappointment by winning the Olympics and the US Open, ending a run of losses in career-defining finals.

“He's obviously helped me a lot. There's been a lot of decisions made, off‑the‑court decisions that are very important to your career, also decisions when you're out there playing matches, as well,” said Murray.

“Moving over to Spain when I was younger was a very hard decision to make, and that would be up there with this one.  But since I've maybe been on the tour, I think it was a step that I needed to take and was very important to me and helped me get over that final hurdle.”
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3434 on: November 12, 2012, 09:37 AM »

Thanks for the post Gnome...makes me feel better when I see what Andy feels. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 ... 307 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »