Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 128305 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3555 on: January 13, 2013, 09:48 PM »

Nope sorry, It was Freddie with Brunstrom, but Freddie was playing singles in Auckland. Marray wasn't present. Besides I think Marray is partnering Chris Sa now.

Thanks Muzzafan.  Seems odd to me that they don't make the most of a winning partnership but there you are!

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3556 on: January 13, 2013, 09:53 PM »

Nope sorry, It was Freddie with Brunstrom, but Freddie was playing singles in Auckland. Marray wasn't present. Besides I think Marray is partnering Chris Sa now.

Still not quite right MuzzaFan!

Marray & Sa played Auckland as well but got knocked out 1st round.

They are keeping same partners at AO. Marray & Sa are seeded 16th, N & B not seeded. Perhaps Johnny and Freddie just don't get on that welll?

Nielsen did play singles as well in Auckland, reached 3rd round qualis.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3557 on: January 13, 2013, 10:42 PM »

Thanks Elena.  So they were at the same tournament but didn't play together - how very strange.  Having said that it seems that many of the really good doubles pairings split up after a successful year - perhaps they just find the stress of being together all the time too much to bear.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3558 on: January 13, 2013, 10:57 PM »

That seems really odd to me-I thought when they split the whole reason was that Nielsen didn't want to play doubles anymore,that he just wanted to dedicate himself to his singles.Now he is back to playing doubles-at least some of the time-but not with the guy who he was playing so well with? doh
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3559 on: January 16, 2013, 05:02 PM »

You planning on going over to watch a couple of matches?

Maybe worth doing an article on. Those out there on people's experiences of these Futures normally make interesting reading.

Hey, guess who else is playing? Marco Djokovic! Would love to go but am away next week.

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/tournaments/men's-tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100028255
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3560 on: January 17, 2013, 07:20 PM »

Hey, guess who else is playing? Marco Djokovic! Would love to go but am away next week.

http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/tournaments/men's-tournament/info.aspx?tournamentid=1100028255
Marko Djokovic only got a single game against Bloomfield yesterday in Glasgow. Then today, Bloomfield lost in 3 sets to Christian Harrison (Ryan Harrison's younger brother).
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3561 on: January 22, 2013, 05:34 PM »

ATP cans calendar plan gone wrong

The ATP has quietly abandoned its Great Calendar Experiment, releasing a 2014 schedule which re-inserts a week in between the Paris Masters and the eight-man year-end final in London.

Last season and this coming autumn, those two big events will be played back-to-back, with last year's scenario of major players saving themselves in Paris for the more important London date sure to be repeated to the detriment of the French event at Bercy arena.

"Following careful consideration and feedback from our tournament and player members, the prevailing consensus for the benefit of our key stakeholders was to reinstate a week's break in between the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 event in Paris and our season-ending event in London," read a statement.

The London finals will end on November 16 in 2014, as opposed to November 10 this year.

The shortening of the season came with great fanfare in the last ATP administration, amid claims it would give players more "time off." That actually translated into more time for well-paid close-season exhibitions, which were good for individual bank balances but didn't do the tour much good.

Coming in future years is another revolution, with the pending insertion of a third week in between the French Open and Wimbledon amid the screaming protests of the summer American tournaments who fear their market will be eaten away.

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20130122/ATP_cans_calendar_plan_gone_wrong
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3562 on: January 22, 2013, 08:01 PM »

The tournaments are all so incredibly self-centred. Hopefully the ATP see sense and stick with the third week between RG and Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3563 on: January 22, 2013, 09:55 PM »

The day Federer retires will be the day ATP learn a neat little thing called 'sense'. Unfortunately that day may be ages away.
IP Logged
AKay1984

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3564 on: February 04, 2013, 09:50 PM »

Apologies for the shameless plug but am hosting a chat show with Ross Hutchins next month. It is a really small venue so not many seats but thought I would out it on here as going to be chatting about his treatment and career. At the end there will be questions from the audience too.

Anyway, if anyone fancies coming along, you can get tickets here.

Tickets http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/an-evening-of-sport-tickets/38305

Alex
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3565 on: February 04, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Hi there Akay 1984  welcome I'm sure some of the members that live down south would be very interested in that. I certainly would be if I lived nearer, best wishes to Ross from all on Murrays World.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3566 on: February 06, 2013, 04:35 PM »

Apologies for the shameless plug but am hosting a chat show with Ross Hutchins next month. It is a really small venue so not many seats but thought I would out it on here as going to be chatting about his treatment and career. At the end there will be questions from the audience too.

Anyway, if anyone fancies coming along, you can get tickets here.

Tickets http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/event/an-evening-of-sport-tickets/38305

Alex

Hi Akay! Welcome to MW.
Hope you have fun hosting the chat show Smile
Would have definitely come if I lived there too!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3567 on: February 07, 2013, 02:36 PM »

Looks like copying Fed's tactics backfired on Swiss no 7 Adrien Bossel yesterday when he played Alex Ward in Wirral!

Alex Ward ‏@AlexWard1990
Got the win today 64 67 62. Finished in unusual circumstances when my opponent got a point penalty for swearing on matchpoint!
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3568 on: February 07, 2013, 11:28 PM »

that 16 year old who won his first official ATP  match Tuesday is now a break up against Chardy,
the score is now 4-2 could be someone to watch out for in the future Smile
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3569 on: February 07, 2013, 11:39 PM »

Indeed. And he's not even the most talented of his generation. Perhaps finally some more players are coming through that could challenge the top guys. Kyrgios and Garin are immediately beating and challenging some very highly ranked guys whilst Quinzi and Zverev have been making semis and finals of Futures events, beating and even crushing guys ranked in the 200s and 300s.

Garin is a strange one. Was ranked high in juniors and always a close 2nd in his generation, but lately he's fallen down the junior rankings whilst only playing a handful of senior events. Maybe he was focusing heavily on his training. Gets a wild card at 16 into a main ATP event and suddenly starts mixing it with the top guys, no problems at all.

Garin takes the set 6-4 after some stunning defensive play, including a Murray-esque defensive lob. Kept his head down at 15-30 and didn't panic. This kid is very impressive. One tournament is way too early to say (consistency is many a player's biggest fallback) but he is clearly a very talented player.

Can't quite get my head around how he's only won six matches in his entire career before this tournament, picking up just 9 points. And now he's beating the world #26 in his first ATP event and will more than treble his points tally whatever the outcome today.
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter February 07, 2013, 11:47 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »