Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 130737 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3585 on: February 12, 2013, 04:36 PM »

I have never liked him for some reason..
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3586 on: February 12, 2013, 07:16 PM »

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1069/ATP-Rotterdam/article/detail/3392452/2013/02/12/Rogermania-in-Rotterdam-Dit-is-haast-spiritueel.dhtml

"This is almost spiritual..."

This article is about the enormous popularity of Fed in the Netherlands ("Rogermania"), standing ovations when he comes on (and off...) the court, sceaming fans, shouting fot a signalute, 1600 people watching his training, people walk away from the centercourt to watch Ferderer in training and so on.....
Richard krajicek said in another article; maybe Federer is not the GOAT, but at least he is the greatest of this time (G O T T ...)

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3587 on: February 13, 2013, 01:27 PM »

He sounds like a right cheeky bugger.....

I agree lol. The thing is, I suppose some tennis fans would say there could be a grain of truth in what Janowicz is saying, but to see him going off at the mouth like that is really bad, and makes him look totally unproffesional. He's also surely putting himself in a position where the top players will be itching to put him in his place if he is going to shout his mouth off like that.

I can't say I was enormously struck on JJ in Paris last year, and not just because he beat Andy. I don't know what it is exactly, but to my mind there is just something intensely unlikeable about him. I watched the Paris final and spent most of it wanting to give JJ a smack.

JJ would do very well to keep his mouth shut and do something in the game before he starts mouthing off about other players.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3588 on: February 13, 2013, 01:38 PM »

I agree lol. The thing is, I suppose some tennis fans would say there could be a grain of truth in what Janowicz is saying, but to see him going off at the mouth like that is really bad, and makes him look totally unproffesional. He's also surely putting himself in a position where the top players will be itching to put him in his place if he is going to shout his mouth off like that.

I can't say I was enormously struck on JJ in Paris last year, and not just because he beat Andy. I don't know what it is exactly, but to my mind there is just something intensely unlikeable about him. I watched the Paris final and spent most of it wanting to give JJ a smack.

JJ would do very well to keep his mouth shut and do something in the game before he starts mouthing off about other players.
Totally agree with you. He needs a little humility as does Milos Raonic, both of whom have not been doing all that well lately.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3589 on: February 13, 2013, 01:49 PM »

http://nos.nl/dossier/434029-abn-amrotoernooi-2013/tab/531/live/

ABN Amro tournament live stream; all matches...
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3590 on: February 13, 2013, 04:10 PM »

Last time I checked on Hewitt's result, he was down a break in the 3rd, so good to see he survived in the end.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3591 on: February 13, 2013, 04:17 PM »

Great result for Tim Smyczek against Verdasco - 6-3, 6-3. He should break the top 100 this week. It wasn't long ago he was ranked outside the top 200!

Meanwhile in Rotterdam Del Potro beats Monfils in straight sets.

Paire got hammered 0-6, 7-6, 0-4 (retired) by Baghdatis after reachin the final in Montpellier last week.

In Sao Paulo the up and coming Pella (won the ATP Challenger finals last year) beat Fognini 7-6, 1-6, 6-1. Another weird one from Fognini.. Great result for Pella though.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3592 on: February 13, 2013, 04:21 PM »

Great result for Tim Smyczek against Verdasco - 6-3, 6-3. He should break the top 100 this week. It wasn't long ago he was ranked outside the top 200!

Meanwhile in Rotterdam Del Potro beats Monfils in straight sets.

Paire got hammered 0-6, 7-6, 0-4 (retired) by Baghdatis after reachin the final in Montpellier last week.

In Sao Paulo the up and coming Pella (won the ATP Challenger finals last year) beat Fognini 7-6, 1-6, 6-1. Another weird one from Fognini.. Great result for Pella though.

I saw that! As to Del Potro, I was under the impression Monfils was going to run down every ball frustrating Delpo in the end. Not that I thought he'd win but was expecting a far more competitive result. Having said that, Monfils might not be 100% yet.

As to Paire, the guy needs a break right now. The loss didn't suprise me.

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3593 on: February 13, 2013, 04:41 PM »

Is Monfils EVER 100% fit?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3594 on: February 13, 2013, 05:54 PM »

Very rare actually but I've seen him playing his best in the past a few times. Very injury prone otherwise.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3595 on: February 13, 2013, 06:04 PM »

He reached #7 in the world after reaching the final in the Paris tankfest of 2011. Was probably playing his best stuff around then, although it always felt as though he was punching above his weight somewhat. A bit like when Troicki reached top 15.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3596 on: February 13, 2013, 06:05 PM »

Horacio Zeballos back in action in Sao Paulo, playing Paul Capdeville.
Like the Nadal match, not many points won against either serve. 6-5  to PC 1st set.

Capdeville won 6-7 6-0 3-0 ret

All a bit much for Zeballos perhaps?
[ Last edit by Elena February 13, 2013, 07:22 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3597 on: February 13, 2013, 07:32 PM »

Not expecting much from Zeballos at this point. He'll need time to come back after the big win.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3598 on: February 13, 2013, 08:18 PM »

Davy and Dimitrov at 3-4 all 1st set on serve. Dimitrov should win in straight. He dismissed Haase yesterday in straight.

Andy's match vs Dimitrov at the Brisbane final was my 2nd favourite match of the year so far.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3599 on: February 13, 2013, 08:23 PM »

Davy and Dimitrov at 3-4 all 1st set on serve. Dimitrov should win in straight. He dismissed Haase yesterday in straight.

Andy's match vs Dimitrov at the Brisbane final was my 2nd favourite match of the year so far.

Davydenko should win really. Also Haase was seen off by Gulbis. Dimitrov struggled past Tomic in 3 on Monday.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 239 [240] 241 242 243 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »