Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 129390 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3615 on: February 15, 2013, 05:03 PM »

I enjoyed the Baghdatis/Dimitrov match - really good tennis from both players. The second set tiebreak was the key momentum changer in the match, with Baghdatis failing to win a single point, and went on to then get broken early in the third set. The more I see Grigor play, the more I like him - such nice variety to his game. He'll play Del Potro next - a power v variety matchup, should be interesting.

Serena's struggling against Kvitova now - down a set. Some of her grunting late in the first set was bordering on hindrance. Good to see Kvitova play well - she's inconsistent but can play excellent tennis.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3616 on: February 15, 2013, 05:25 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed Baghdatis/Dimitrov earlier. It was a great match.

It's funny, I started off as a neutral observer, because I like Baggy and Dimitrov. However, the effort Dimitrov made to come through was fantastic, so I ended up siding with him entirely! I still want to cuddle Baggy though. I think he's lovely lol.

I love Dimitrov's game. I reckon if he could just string a few things together here and there he could be fantastic. I don't see him consistently challenging the top players, or certainly not yet, but I really do think he has promise.

Del Potro/Dimitrov should be interesting. I definitely want to see that one.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3617 on: February 15, 2013, 05:30 PM »

Awesome result by Dimitrov today. Last time I checked the score, he was a set down and 5 all in the 2nd. To come back from that against Baghdatis is excellent result. However, his road to a title victory is very tough and he's unlikely to survive Del Potro.  

And since Federer is also in this tournament and as much as I like Dimitrov, I'll have to pull for Delpo here.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3618 on: February 15, 2013, 05:31 PM »

Saw Federer/Zemlja and DimotrovDavydenko wednesday (had bought the tickets long ago, hoping for Andy to return to Rotterdam). Dimitrov played well. So did Fed. Dutch viewers are grazy about the fed. A standing ovation after a 63/61 match...was a little too much for me!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3619 on: February 15, 2013, 05:32 PM »

Forgot to say, Dimitrov's racquet smashing technique is quite something Whistle.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3620 on: February 15, 2013, 05:47 PM »

Ah sweet temper, eh?
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3621 on: February 15, 2013, 05:53 PM »

Looking forward to Benneteau playing Smugfed tonight. Benneteau is a good player when on his game it should be an interesting match.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3622 on: February 15, 2013, 05:59 PM »

It's been a while and Benneteau might be interested again.  Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3623 on: February 15, 2013, 06:06 PM »

Ah sweet temper, eh?

Just momentarily, indeed. However, the match was played in a lovely spirit, so no harm was done. Stress is better let out than kept in if you ask me lol.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3624 on: February 15, 2013, 06:14 PM »

I'm fed up with Rotterdam today. Haven't seen much, apart from a bit of Baggy, earlier, because I've had some stuff to do today, and some of Del Potro, and then Smugfed this evening, which went off because the commentary was fawning. Why do I find that more annoying when it's Petch that's doing the fawning? I suspect it's because he's so balanced about everyone else....Well, usually!

Got narked as well with their choices for the best points of 2012. I think three involve Andy, either against Federer or Djokovic, so explain to me why they couldn't find one, just one, brilliant point that Andy wins. ranting. Of the points that were there, I liked the Dimitrov one. How did he do that????

I blame Crofty for my mood. The woman is annoying.
tj I was thinking exactly the same by the end of their best points.  Not TOO difficult surely?
Like Katie I enjoyed the Baggy/Dimitrov match - some nice shot-making from both players.  While I'm a Baggy fan I also like Grigor the most among the younger generation of players coming through.  I'd really like to see him and his brand of tennis do well.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3625 on: February 15, 2013, 07:12 PM »

Serena's back to number 1 with her win today. She was emotional during and after her match - the top ranking clearly still means a lot to her. At 31 she's now the oldest number 1 in WTA history.

Interesting to see Benneteau up a break on Fed at the moment and looks in a good position to take the first set. Fed's not playing well today so far.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3626 on: February 15, 2013, 07:23 PM »

Just started watching and Benny has taken the first set 6-3 and it's 1-1 in the 2nd.  This could get interesting.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3627 on: February 15, 2013, 07:24 PM »

Me watching also, first match for me since AO final.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3628 on: February 15, 2013, 07:30 PM »

Federers well rattled.....
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3629 on: February 15, 2013, 07:31 PM »

Horrendous UEs from Fed.
IP Logged