Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 118198 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3645 on: February 15, 2013, 08:29 PM »

I started watching at 4:3 second set and was magnetically dawn to the screen to see if Julien could make it. I was a little afraid at the two BP against him which Roger did not use. Instead Julien did what roger used to do: he served himself out of trouble. and Roger made a DF in every single game I saw. Strange!
I admit that at that point I thought Fed was going to at least take that set because by then he seemed to have finally got himself together.  But it was great that Benneteau kept his nerve.

Those who watched this match, you guys are so blessed. lololol
No livestreaming EJ, or just not convenient?

If I was a Fed fan I'd be seriously worried after that performance - even my comm couldn't quite believe what he was seeing.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3646 on: February 15, 2013, 08:32 PM »

So what now? What can we get from this? One can't possibly say that Federer wasn't prepared. He is always prepared. And Benny has pushed him before in a Major tournament.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3647 on: February 15, 2013, 08:33 PM »

No livestreaming EJ, or just not convenient?

If I was a Fed fan I'd be seriously worried after that performance - even my comm couldn't quite believe what he was seeing.

Am at work so was just following the scoreboard. Wish I had seen it though. Missed the Dimitrov match too.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3648 on: February 15, 2013, 08:42 PM »

I'm sorry, after so much fed tonight I've to post this....

* download.jpg (6.37 KB, 259x194 - viewed 97 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3649 on: February 15, 2013, 08:42 PM »

Federer got 1.000.000 (euro?) just to start in R'dam. Bit expensive for three hours of tennis....
I expect it's euros, flowerpower (approx £861,000).

Unless Fed can get more of his old form back, I'm wondering how long it's going to be before he loses his 'star attraction' status and organisers stop granting him these massive appearance fees.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3650 on: February 15, 2013, 08:43 PM »

Benneteau had Roger at the edge of a defeat at Wimbledon (?). roger finally prevailed then thanks to his solid service in the TB. I was so furious. Today Benneteau took revenge ( if you can call it a real revenge). well done!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3651 on: February 15, 2013, 08:44 PM »

I'm sorry, after so much fed tonight I've to post this....
Aww - that is just so nice to see. Smile  Can't wait for Andy to get back on court.  I enjoy watching tennis in general but without him something is definitely missing.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3652 on: February 15, 2013, 08:49 PM »

agree Aileen. Think also that people wants to see him (once or once again)  before he'll retire...But it still works, In Rotterdam last year (when Federer won) there was a record on sold tickets. They doesn't keep going for the third time, especially when they take a risk when Federer loses quickly.

The tournament director (Krajicek) wanted a final with Federer and "someone else" (doesn't matter who...).
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3653 on: February 15, 2013, 08:52 PM »

Is Federer 'wounded' again after the beating at the AO?
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3654 on: February 15, 2013, 08:54 PM »

I watched the Fed match with the mute button on,listening to a detective story on my iPod. Really enjoyed it as I didn't have to listen to fawning comms, did the same yesterday. Delighted to see Fed being taken out. Only thing that spoilt my viewing were the Fed Fans who are a bunch of plonkers, I would love to make a bonfire of their banners with Shh Genius at work, Perfection etc. Also can't stand the caps with his logo, so glad Andy hasn't gone down the same road, he refused having his name on his trainers. So Fed has lost some ranking points, has some more to defend in Dubai.....!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3655 on: February 15, 2013, 09:01 PM »

I watched the Fed match with the mute button on,listening to a detective story on my iPod. Really enjoyed it as I didn't have to listen to fawning comms, did the same yesterday. Delighted to see Fed being taken out. Only thing that spoilt my viewing were the Fed Fans who are a bunch of plonkers, I would love to make a bonfire of their banners with Shh Genius at work, Perfection etc. Also can't stand the caps with his logo, so glad Andy hasn't gone down the same road, he refused having his name on his trainers. So Fed has lost some ranking points, has some more to defend in Dubai.....!!!
These are definitely candidates for tennis room 101. Very Happy

Thank goodness I was watching livestreaming from ESPN.  Thankfully their comms aren't Fed worshippers.

Is Federer 'wounded' again after the beating at the AO?
I've no doubt some excuse will be found.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3656 on: February 15, 2013, 09:11 PM »

I am looking forward to go home and getting some highlight of this match somewhere and see what some of the genuine fans of Federer are making out of this loss. While I know Federer can't go on forever winning, I also know that these kinds of losses are hard to take given any point. Slowly but surely a lot of players are now his enemies. Draws will be so so crucial for him going forward.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3657 on: February 15, 2013, 09:12 PM »

Too bad Dmitirov has to meet with DelPo in his next match. Otherwise he would have had some shot at the title.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3658 on: February 15, 2013, 10:23 PM »

What happened to Federer? Surprised
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3659 on: February 15, 2013, 10:27 PM »

Meanwhile Klizan is a set up but a break down against Simon.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »